What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list next Tuesday vs Rnd 10 Broncos 10th May 2024

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's your point?

We've already had 30 players in the Top 30 since 1 November, then we've let a few go. So, we've met the requirements

Any player you release after Round 1 is considered to have been one of your 30 players in your Top 30.

You don't need to keep 30 players on the books for 12 months.
Surely they would need a payout of at least minimum salary to remain in your top thirty. And then you couldn’t replace them once your top thirty is full.

yy_cheng

Coach

"they aren’t playing as well as they should but it’s not through lack of effort,”

I'm really hoping that Dylan Brown stands up and takes control of that spine now.”
Oh Burty... the spine is Blaize, Sanders and Nuffy so Dyl has to !!

PARRAMATTA LEGEND LOOKING FOR BROWN TO SAVE THE EELS' SEASON​

BY BRAYDEN HESLEHURST A DAY AGO
GettyImages-2087113479.jpg

Parramatta Eels legend Luke Burt is confident his former club can turn their fortunes around despite injuries to key players Mitch Moses and Clint Gutherson as well as an inconsistent start to the season.
The Eels sit 12th on the ladder with just three wins from five games and will be without their skipper in Gutherson for at least another month with a knee injury while Moses remains out but could return from a broken foot for Magic Round.

To make matters worse, Brad Arthur’s side will take on a Brisbane Broncos side looking to bounce back from a disappointing loss to the Sydney Roosters when they host last year’s runners up at CommBank Stadium on Friday night.
But Burt, who played 264 games for Parramatta including the 2001 and 2009 grand finals, is looking for Kiwi playmaker Dylan Brown to lead the side back to form.
“It is tough to see how they’re going, I think it’s shown the importance of Mitch Moses, his loss to the side, its unfortunate that he has that effect on the side… they aren’t playing as well as they should but it’s not through lack of effort,” he said on Mornings with Ben Davis.

“I’m sure they’ve got things in place, they’ll come out of it they’re good a quality of a squad and staff and not to come out of it so I’ll be super confident that the right time of the year they’ll come good.
“(Gutherson) is a big loss too, obviously Mitch does all the controlling but Gutho’s got that energy around the side and does a lot of work, so there’s going to be a few boys who’ll have to pick up the slack.
“In saying that it gives some boys an opportunity to stand up and take that leadership role on that Gutho sort of does. I’m really hoping that Dylan Brown stands up and takes control of that spine now.”
Burt, who currently coaches the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup, said his allegiances were split this weekend with his five-eighth in Josh Rogers replacing the injured Adam Reynolds in the Broncos side.
“Its going to be a tough one with Joshy Rogers out there… I might have to sit on the fence and enjoy the game for what it is,” he said.
Brisbane won both meetings between the two teams in 2023.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Luke Burt? Thats out of left field. Hasnt been spoken of forever. Watch this space.
Im just a suspicious bastard I suppose.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think the weather gods atm are trying replicate what Parramatta dish up.

It's deadset been all over the place this week. I haven't seen it so ridiculous when it comes to the sun being out 1 minute to then pissing down the next like half a dozen times in the past 3 days.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think our season starts now. We'll win this.
Season started 2 months ago.

All i heard all pre-season was every game matters because we missed the finals by 1 game last year.

Every 2 points is as valuable as the next game.

I dont expect the players mentality to be rectified over a 2 week break when they had 6 months to fix it.

And it didnt happen otherwise we wouldn't have gone looking for a soft win in Round 4 against the Tigers. Then you have the Dolphins debacle where things just got too hard.

I can cop the Raiders & Manly losses on the road there tough road trips even when your going well.

But those other 2 we lost were simply unacceptable.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Season started 2 months ago.

All i heard all pre-season was every game matters because we missed the finals by 1 game last year.

Every 2 points is as valuable as the next game.

I dont expect the players mentality to be rectified over a 2 week break when they had 6 months to fix it.

And it didnt happen otherwise we wouldn't have gone looking for a soft win in Round 4 against the Tigers. Then you have the Dolphins debacle where things just got too hard.

I can cop the Raiders & Manly losses on the road there tough road trips even when your going well.

But those other 2 we lost were simply unacceptable.
Always hopeful of a win and given past efforts and players "real ability" to fire up occasionally, I would give us a chance tomorrow but Gutho being out and Talagis displays thus far at the back, Im sadly resigned to a significant loss. 5 Broncos try from kicks wouldnt surprise.
Crowd prediction 13000 (fudged figures).

King-Gutho94

Coach
Always hopeful of a win and given past efforts and players "real ability" to fire up occasionally, I would give us a chance tomorrow but Gutho being out and Talagis displays thus far at the back, Im sadly resigned to a significant loss. 5 Broncos try from kicks wouldnt surprise.
Crowd prediction 13000 (fudged figures).
I was joking last night to my brother we might have to get the bus to the game as the Uber/Didi demand to get to commbank stadium on Friday will be excessive then wont be any ride-shares available.

13,000 crowd would be probably be a win with our current predicament but also an embarrassment at the same time considering the membership base we like to spruik.

My Cousin and his 2 kids are making the trek down from Newcastle to watch the game as well & are die-hard Parra supporters so hopefully we show up for them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Dylan Brown to Co-captain

According to Parra instagram
I guess we will find out if its right move or not.

Maybe he should take up his next player option after 2025 considering the bending over we have done for him in the past 12 months.

Or are we going to find out on November 1 that he is a free agent again for 2026.