What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - R10 - Magic Round - vs Warriors - Sunday @1:50pm

eels_fan

First Grade
Magic Round is a stupid idea, and it’s even stupider having it in Brisbane.

disagree...its fantastic and should always be in brisbane.

**Disclaimer - i only feel this way as i live on the GC so it means i get to see us play 3 times this year. If i lived in Sydney, i'd agree with you - though its an away game, and its a better option than travelling to NZ had the border issues not been in play**

84 Baby

Referee
Team just announced. Were playing the 3-4-1-2 formation, FFS BA!

View attachment 48359-
No lie I used to play as one of the backs in fairly dominant 2-5-3.
Our forwards were fairly average but that midfield had some guys that went on to play semi-professional football across Europe. Basically me and the other back were there cause we had some size and speed so opposition strikers on long balls were either getting run down or put down. Then both of our keepers could hoof the ball comfortably into our attacking third.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I've listened to Katie Brown a couple of times on her radio show. She's not too bad. I quite enjoyed it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
So we are short of players?

Maybe Warriors can return the favour of last year?

We will take Tahu Harris and Chanel Harris-Tavita...

Malabar Eel

Juniors
No lie I used to play as one of the backs in fairly dominant 2-5-3.
Our forwards were fairly average but that midfield had some guys that went on to play semi-professional football across Europe. Basically me and the other back were there cause we had some size and speed so opposition strikers on long balls were either getting run down or put down. Then both of our keepers could hoof the ball comfortably into our attacking third.

Nice! sounds like a good tactic, cant run without legs ;)

Back in the day i played a bit of what we called `Mediterranean Descendant ball'. I ended up playing mid field or striker for Ermington united over 40's div 12 or so. Cant say we had many tactics apart from emptying the esky of beers after the game. All of our players would have qualified for front row.

Cant believe im not allowed to say `w$g ball' ffs whats the world coming to.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure we'll find a solution, this wont be the biggest crisis that we'll have to deal with this season.

84 Baby

Referee
Nice! sounds like a good tactic, cant run without legs ;)

Back in the day i played a bit of what we called `Mediterranean Descendant ball'. I ended up playing mid field or striker for Ermington united over 40's div 12 or so. Cant say we had many tactics apart from emptying the esky of beers after the game. All of our players would have qualified for front row.

Cant believe im not allowed to say `w$g ball' ffs whats the world coming to.
After a few seasons of hating soccer, that team brought back the enjoyment for me. Until it all came crashing down spectacularly with the biggest piece of referee corruption I’ve witnessed with a penalty committed by me that wasn’t a penalty, that was saved, only for the ref to call for it to be retaken because of encroachment even though no one did, there weren’t painted lines to even encroach in and the ball was knocked over for corner by goalie save. It was the only game we lost (had draws in other games) that season. Their team had a guy who went on to play for Olyroos and professionally

Malabar Eel

Juniors
After a few seasons of hating soccer, that team brought back the enjoyment for me. Until it all came crashing down spectacularly with the biggest piece of referee corruption I’ve witnessed with a penalty committed by me that wasn’t a penalty, that was saved, only for the ref to call for it to be retaken because of encroachment even though no one did, there weren’t painted lines to even encroach in and the ball was knocked over for corner by goalie save. It was the only game we lost (had draws in other games) that season. Their team had a guy who went on to play for Olyroos and professionally

What a rort! I didnt realise Perenara refereed soccer.

df033f52bc4e0bf4bd14f982481e6577

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^

Crisis !

Parramatta have been told reserve grade players can rejoin NRL squad once they arrive in Brisbane because protocols revert to level 1. However, they must return negative covid test. Cannot train with NRL squad until negative test confirmed

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I just heard some of the players can return to the squad on Saturday as protocols revert back to level 1 but must return a negative test.