What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday: Rnd 1 vs Broncos 12 March 8pm

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd like to see the bench size increased. That way you can carry more than just 3 or 4 forwards, more and better injury cover and coaches can put on who they need to change the game or solidify the win. You'd still only be allowed to use 4 players but

Many games sides only use 3 guys and the 4th guy is so weak compared to the starter he is replacing he only comes on for 10mins once the game has been one or lost already.....

Gronk

Staff member
Foxsports predictions

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=d50d9dae854fee17581441437ea902ab-1615145690

Brisbane Broncos vs Parramatta Eels, 8.05pm at Suncorp Stadium

Predicted Broncos team: 1 Jamayne Isaako 2 Xavier Coates 3 Tesi Niu 4 Herbie Farnworth 5 Jesse Arthars 6 Anthony Milford 7 Tom Dearden 8 Matthew Lodge 9 Jake Turpin 10 Thomas Flegler 11 Alex Glenn 12 Tevita Pangai Jr 13 Patrick Carrigan 14 Cory Paix 15 Jordan Riki 16 Corey Oates 17 John Asiata

Team Tips: Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to overcome a broken hand in time to play in Round 1. Who he partners remains a mystery with new coach Kevin Walters playing mind games with halfback’s Tom Dearden and Brodie Croft who have both spent time at No.7 at training. Dearden played for Souths Logan over the weekend, with Walters still undecided ahead of naming his first team as Broncos coach. Star prop Payne Haas will miss the first three games through suspension with Thomas Flegeler likely to partner Matt Lodge up front after overcoming a shoulder injury. Herbie Farnworth (chest) and Jesse Arthars (ankle) are expected to start in the backline. Corey Oates is set for a permanent shift to the back row in 2021. “I will be on the edge this year,” Oates told the Broncos website. “Unless ‘Kevvie’ flips his mind and throws me out on the wing, I have been training the whole pre-season in the back row and I’m loving it.” Dale Copley is out indefinitely with a throat injury, with Tesi Niu set to partner Herbie Farnworth in the centres. Niu was reprimanded for driving offences last week and if Walters decides to suspend him Arthars would go to centre with David Mead coming onto the wing potentially.

Predicted Eels team: 1 Clint Gutherson 2 Maika Sivo 3 Tom Opacic 4 Waqa Blake 5 Blake Ferguson 6 Dylan Brown 7 Mitchell Moses 8 Junior Paulo 9 Reed Mahoney 10 Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11 Shaun Lane 12 Ryan Matterson 13 Nathan Brown 14 Will Smith 15 Ray Stone 16 Oregon Kaufusi 17 Isaiah Papali’i

Team Tips: Eels recruit Bryce Cartwright’s broken jaw will delay his debut until the early rounds of the competition, while Marata Niukore is suspended until Round 2. That has opened up two bench spots which will likely be filled by Will Smithand Ray Stone. The biggest challenge for the Eels will be replacing Michael Jennings who has been stood down while he fights drug cheat charges, with replacement Michael Oldfield also out with knee injury until Round 4. Rookie sensation Will Penisini is unlikely to be thrown in the deep end in Round 1, with Tom Opacic set to partner Waqa Blake in the centres.

84 Baby

Referee
Remember the days when coaches basically just gave bullshit lists and TBAs? How far the league has come!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Many games sides only use 3 guys and the 4th guy is so weak compared to the starter he is replacing he only comes on for 10mins once the game has been one or lost already.....
Any decent edge forward should be able to play 80 minutes. If he's injured or needs a rest one of the middles (e.g. Niukore or Papali'i) should be able to cover him. Otherwise with 3 middles on the bench and three starting that's six players for 240 minutes; an average of 40 each. Nobody should have to play more than that if they're unable. Most of them could handle 50 minutes in a pinch. If our three starters each play 50 (which they did many times last year) that's only 30 minutes each for the interchange forwards. If we had four middles on the bench they're now averaging less than 23 minutes.

hindy111

Post Whore
Any decent edge forward should be able to play 80 minutes. If he's injured or needs a rest one of the middles (e.g. Niukore or Papali'i) should be able to cover him. Otherwise with 3 middles on the bench and three starting that's six players for 240 minutes; an average of 40 each. Nobody should have to play more than that if they're unable. Most of them could handle 50 minutes in a pinch. If our three starters each play 50 (which they did many times last year) that's only 30 minutes each for the interchange forwards. If we had four middles on the bench they're now averaging less than 23 minutes.

Jnr and RCG are both good for atleast 50. Brown I feel needs 60....That leaves a maximum 80 mins. Niakuore I am happy to get 35 - 40 mins of those. It leaves 40 for the other two. If we carried 4 forwards it drops them down to about 13mins each.

jk13

First Grade
Donkeys will b fired up but that backline is barely Qld cup standard. We can only beat ourselves this week