What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Rnd 1 vs Storm

We're looking short of options in our top 30... unless BA wants to start the year attempting to seek an NRL exemption to play a non-top 30 player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wonder where Poupou Escobar will hide when Brad Arthur follows through on his commitment at the end of last year to not play Jake from teh first grade bench, and instead give him plenty of reggies time?

Will Poupou Escobar admit he's been wrong or full of shit? Or will he just attempt to swing behind any new bench selections/tactics in hindsight, and pretend to argue that he agreed with the coach's upcoming shift from last year all along....
What are you on about? I don’t pretend to know where Jake Arthur will (or should) play this year. But wherever he does end up playing I’ll be able to speculate about the reasons as well as any of you merkins.

Maybe I’ll accuse a grand final coach of nepotism? 😂

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ll be honest Doorey and Momoisea shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade

I'm hoping they only put in 50% cause it was a first trial. And will play next week with more intent.
I'd like to give them 4 or 5 NRL games first before judge. But neither looks like they will be in the starting side if we are all fit.
It isn't like Lane or Matto really dominated or looked good either.

People should remember but they come from weak clubs with plenty of cash. Not like the former wanted them. I think Moimesea couldn't even crack Knights NSW CUP starting side. He is also 24 so I wouldn't expect heaps tbh.
Bryce might get the spot still

Pazza

First Grade
I think he would be available by rnd 11 being a development contract. That's probably a good thing to be able to let him develop his defense some more. That was his weakness in NSW CUP last season.

But yes we could. We have spots open.

In an ideal world you'd give him another season in nsw cup to develop but our back row stocks atm are pretty thin. Hate to think what would happen if we lose lane to injury.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ideally, I think our strongest line-up, when everyone is fit, and available, and the team I would like to see would be:

1. Gutherson (C)
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Cini
5. Blake
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo (C)
9. Hodgson
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. Hopgood

14. Yates
15. Murchie
16. Rodwell
17. Brown

Brad hasn't been shy giving people debuts, so you never know.

hindy111

Post Whore
In an ideal world you'd give him another season in nsw cup to develop but our back row stocks atm are pretty thin. Hate to think what would happen if we lose lane to injury.

I still think we will go with once all are fit and mid season hits.

11.Lane
12.Matto
13.Hopgood

14 Asi
15 Mataele
16 N.Brown
17 Murchie

Back ups - Greig,Makatoa,Ogden,Doorey,Jirrah,Bryce,Rodwell.

That's some handy back ups. We also need a genuine 14. Id actualy be enquiring about W.Smith.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ideally, I think our strongest line-up, when everyone is fit, and available, and the team I would like to see would be:

1. Gutherson (C)
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Cini
5. Blake
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo (C)
9. Hodgson
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. Hopgood

14. Yates
15. Murchie
16. Rodwell
17. Brown

Brad hasn't been shy giving people debuts, so you never know.

Spot on. I think Russel may get Cini spot but I do like Cini. He breaks tackles.
Yates I've not seen enough of but we do need a utility. I can't see Mataele not getting a spot once eligible he looks that good and I just don't rate Rodwell at all

Eelementary

Post Whore
Spot on. I think Russel may get Cini spot but I do like Cini. He breaks tackles.
Yates I've not seen enough of but we do need a utility. I can't see Mataele not getting a spot once eligible he looks that good and I just don't rate Rodwell at all

I thought Cini's issue was his defence, but he seems to have worked hard to be a reliable defender.

He's got some speed, and is a strong runner.

For me, it's a no-brainer to have him in the centres with Penisini.

I think Rodwell offers more upside than Makatoa, but I was actually pretty happy with Makatoa's running game yesterday, so he could keep his spot.

Maybe Asi could take the bench utility spot.

I think our starting 13 is pretty easy to pick, but the bench starts to become an issue.

Pazza

First Grade
12.Matto
13.Hopgood

15 Mataele

It's going to be interesting how BA work matto and hopgood the rotation. I think they will give matto the starting lock spot for the first 25 or so and move him to prop to accommodate hopgood coming off the bench.

I just feel matto is an out and out middle these days.

Do like the idea of mataele playing a niukore style roll off the bench in prep for next season as an 80 min starter.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes. And I don't see him getting one of them. The club would be looking for someone and keep a spot open also aslong as can incase someone becomes available later.
There are two spots open. Also there is a development contract option. Then he can be used from June.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hindy11, did you think Hands was better or Yates before they got here.

I wouldve liked to have seen Hands but i guess he's even lower down in the pecking order or maybe he can't play any other position

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy11, did you think Hands was better or Yates before they got here.

I wouldve liked to have seen Hands but i guess he's even lower down in the pecking order or maybe he can't play any other position

Hands..... More skills and nippier. Yates however is bigger

Latest posts