What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - trial vs Knights - 5.55pm Friday 17th Feb

Gronk

Staff member
It's a shame that Dunster is not ready. Not a fan of Lumelume.

Waqa not ready. Hands still out. Rein head knock. Simonsson out.

Please give Jayden Yates 30 mins.

Legal Eel

Juniors

His son on the bench?

He's taking the piss right?

The only human being on the planet who thinks this kid is a 14 or even a first grader (outside of BA) is a person who posts on this forum - and even then that opinion is only proffered as a way of relentlessly trolling this entire forum!

Which scintillating aspect of his performance do you suppose it was that justified his selection as our first choice 14? Personally, I think it was the fact that he ran on the field and didn't poke himself in the eye or actually shit his pants - because that's the only thing that was below his performance last Saturday....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His son on the bench?

He's taking the piss right?

The only human being on the planet who thinks this kid is a 14 or even a first grader (outside of BA) is a person who posts on this forum - and even then that opinion is only proffered as a way of relentlessly trolling this entire forum!

Which scintillating aspect of his performance do you suppose it was that justified his selection as our first choice 14? Personally, I think it was the fact that he ran on the field and didn't poke himself in the eye or actually shit his pants - because that's the only thing that was below his performance last Saturday....
I shit myself Saturday watching his performance it was so good.

Chipmunk

Coach
So Asi, Sivo, Blake, Simonnson, Cartwright and NRown all unavailable (Matterson in the reserves). Anyone else I've missed?

You'd think those 7 are significantly better than some of those first 17 listed. (Arthur, Lulelume, Cini, Russell, Doorey,Murchie, Greig,Makatoa). We've got a decent Top 13, but f**k it falls away after that doesn't it.

Given that, releasing Nrown for Harper doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't think it improves our squad overall, it just makes our bench options weaker.

We're really relying on players stepping up this season. It has worked in the past, interesting to see if it works again.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Emu was great last game. He was the best prop on the field. I was confident (hopeful) given the minutes he played that hed be rewarded a much deserved further opportunity this week. The Storm winger has 1s experience and is fast. Something we lack. Jake on the bench is simply to provide rests for Dyl and Mitch id reckon given our lack of options. If hes there to rest Hodgo id suggest thats the 2023 plan right there. Yates needs to again play out of his skin I reckon for future consideration. Season hasnt started and we have an injury crisis. Loving the Cini and Penisini combination. Its so f'n exciting.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Conjecture your honor !

of course it's conjecture - it's an internet forum!

But I think it's a fair conclusion, given that the rest of the named 17 appears to be where Brad is leaning for Round 1.

Now, come back with more smartarse syntactical or grammatical point scoring so that you can continue to evade the elephant in the room for most Parramatta supporters, which is that the coach is yet again finding every possible way to pick his son, despite the fact that any objective and reasonable assessment of his performances last year and his form last week in no way justifies that selection!

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Is Yates in the top 30? If so , it’s outrageous that he’s not the 14. He is the best option. He played well last weekend. I haven’t seen Hands play. I’m assuming he’s injured. Also whenever I see Makapillow in the side I vomit in my mouth a little. He is a plodder.

IFR33K

Coach
of course it's conjecture - it's an internet forum!

But I think it's a fair conclusion, given that the rest of the named 17 appears to be where Brad is leaning for Round 1.

Now, come back with more smartarse syntactical or grammatical point scoring so that you can continue to evade the elephant in the room for most Parramatta supporters, which is that the coach is yet again finding every possible way to pick his son, despite the fact that any objective and reasonable assessment of his performances last year and his form last week in no way justifies that selection!

It’s ok mate. He only posted last week, stating how we think it’s a conspiracy theory that ba has cleared the decks for his son.

it’s getting beyond a joke now.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Is Yates in the top 30? If so , it’s outrageous that he’s not the 14. He is the best option. He played well last weekend. I haven’t seen Hands play. I’m assuming he’s injured. Also whenever I see Makapillow in the side I vomit in my mouth a little. He is a plodder.

Yates is not Top 30 nor is he Development 4. If he plays this week and shows again he's not a liability in defence that may change.

Soto

Bench
Play well son against Penrith and you will get a mortgage on the 14 jersey. 🤦‍♂️

Yes i know Rein got injured but add Yates and Mataele instead of Arthur and Makatoa and we have a good 17.

Plus once Waqa, Simonsson, Sivo and Dunster are available we are good for outside backs.
Now the above is why I wouldn't waste my time with Harper and look to get a half to the club as they will most likely offer more than JA and Rankin is not even top 30 in any case.

Or go after another hooker. Penrith's 3rd string hooker was pretty bloody good the other day.
Sometimes we need to look just that little bit further than the blokes below as we are very short in the halves and a genuine hooker. Rein is a liability