What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday

Crush

Coach
I thought Rava showed improvement with each game he had.

I would persevere with him on the wing and Lomax at 3 with aitken the bench utility.

Unlikely to happen but right now I think this would be our best option, particularly with the need for a decent kicker...
You nailed it my friend!
Well done mate.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it may be a misprint
Not a misprint, just super coach trying to fox ol’ Brad Arthur..

On the weekend we’ll line up:

1. Dufty
2. Ravalawa
15. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Pereira

And we’ll look up in the coaches box and see:

tenor.gif

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Mary has surprised me with the Zac/Aitken move. However it does fit my view that Mary is a slow learner. By this I acknowledge that he's a better coach than when he took over mid 2014 but no other club would have tolerated his ponderous rate of improvement.

Lomax showed us he was up to the task in Aitken's place at the end of last year. He should have been there from the start of this year. I expect that he will Shore up the right hand defence and he did last year. But now I am excited at what impact Euan might bring to the bench and the prospect of the bench time being shared more equally. To me this could be a real win/win situation.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Didn't know this was an online tutoring class
Where can I find the talkin footy page for the blue collar people

blasksafake,
We are all anonymous here so let me just tell you a little about myself. I taught a lot of high school English over a career of 35 years, spent time teaching English as a Foreign Language at tertiary level and trained teachers in the same subject.
Now when I read your statement first it made perfect sense to me. When I read the punctuation critique I read yours a second time and am very happy to declare it a perfectly decent piece of informal English prose. You even gave Mary the courtesy of a capital "L" for "L Plate"!
I have read and enjoyed countless posts from you over the past three years - I do not understand that in this Forum there is a need to be critical of others who share our love of the Dragons. I look forward to many more of your posts.

Belta

Juniors
About bloody time.
L plate has been perusing the forum. I really hope Lomax has been told that he has this position long term( form permitting) so he doesn’t feel like he needs to produce a 10/10 every game.

It’s been a painfully slow process but finally I’m beginning to sense a change in the air at the Dragons. It would be so good right now to get a win. A win could really ignite belief in what looks a step in the right direction for promoting promising backline players. A big responsibility for our forwards this week to lay a good platform against a very aggressive and in form forward pack. Nervous for this week.

Old Timer

Coach
blasksafake,
We are all anonymous here so let me just tell you a little about myself. I taught a lot of high school English over a career of 35 years, spent time teaching English as a Foreign Language at tertiary level and trained teachers in the same subject.
Now when I read your statement first it made perfect sense to me. When I read the punctuation critique I read yours a second time and am very happy to declare it a perfectly decent piece of informal English prose. You even gave Mary the courtesy of a capital "L" for "L Plate"!
I have read and enjoyed countless posts from you over the past three years - I do not understand that in this Forum there is a need to be critical of others who share our love of the Dragons. I look forward to many more of your posts.
Bravo for good old common sense rather than chest thumping pedantry.
You are a good man and enunciated your point in a first class manner.

Crush

Coach
Before we all get too excited about Aitken being benched and Lomax being selected his preferred position lets wait a couple of weeks and see how it pans out.
I wouldn't be surprised if its some policy that Mary has where he rotates the backs and they all get a week on the bench.
Next week could see Pereira to the bench with Lomax back to the wing for all we know.
Don't count your chickens.....

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Before we all get too excited about Aitken being benched and Lomax being selected his preferred position lets wait a couple of weeks and see how it pans out.
I wouldn't be surprised if its some policy that Mary has where he rotates the backs and they all get a week on the bench.
Next week could see Pereira to the bench with Lomax back to the wing for all we know.
Don't count your chickens.....
You must know MARY.

blacksafake

First Grade
blasksafake,
All good at my end Mate.;)
I too have enjoyed your posts & as usual go the Dragons.

This has been a long time coming and I hope Lomax retains the spot.
No disrespect to Aitken, it’s just that Lomax offers more in defence and kicks
The only sensible option is to play Lomax at center. The first player picked should the goal kicker because in tight matches a good and reliable kicker wins games. Lomax is a better ball distributor than Aitken which is a necessary quality in a center. I think Aitken would go better in the forwards although i am not sure of which position. I must say that Aitken's defence has improved markedly but he is in the category of a useful player only. Certainly not origin quality at center.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I'm glad that Lomax is playing in his preferred position. And will be interested to see what Atkins bring when it comes on. I would like to see this move continue for at least four weeks then we can evaluate which option is better. But as Crush said if it's only a rotation then I will maybe only for a week or two. I hope not. We need this win on the weekend it will not be easy. Para will be fired up

Latest posts