What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team named

Elias1983

Coach
Haha... You'll have to do better than that. You blokes are as soft as dan hunt.
Truth hurts those that are blinded. I take it none of you are very successful.
Not that I care, but your attitude is weak.

There is plenty to whinge about. I wasn't whinging when we signed Wayne Bennett, Jeremy smith, Darius Boyd, Neville costigan. Why? Because they were all fantastic decisions that led to success.

Have a look at what's happening now. Just have a look at the jobs for the boys mentality that's crept back into the club. Have a look at the talent we have lost. We made beau Scott the player he is and we have let him go.

Have a look at where we are sitting on the ladder. Have a look at the forward pack we are fielding on Sunday.
Have a look at our coach at a press conference. Have a look at yourself.

FFS. Harden up and understand that people are entitled to be f**king pissed off with the management of the dragons club. I pay a shite load of corporate dollars in that club and know what's going on. Just don't reply to my posts if you dont care. But I am entitled to add some balance to the love in that's turning our great club soft.

If you don't like reading this then ignore it.

But just take some time to think objectively, really consider what he is saying and be fair dinkum with yourself.

A lot of the points he makes are valid, some are off.

He is right about prior, he tries his heart out i'm sure but just doesn't cut it for me. Quite simply he is struggling at the moment for whatever reason (personal, confidence or maybe just out of his league).

I really hope he does come good, who wouldn't want that?? Even BBC would. But I don't want to sit here in 2-3 years time saying the same thing about him improving. Shape up or ship out.

It's like a throw back to the jason ryles days!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Haha... You'll have to do better than that. You blokes are as soft as dan hunt.
Truth hurts those that are blinded. I take it none of you are very successful.
Not that I care, but your attitude is weak.

There is plenty to whinge about. I wasn't whinging when we signed Wayne Bennett, Jeremy smith, Darius Boyd, Neville costigan. Why? Because they were all fantastic decisions that led to success.

Have a look at what's happening now. Just have a look at the jobs for the boys mentality that's crept back into the club. Have a look at the talent we have lost. We made beau Scott the player he is and we have let him go.

Have a look at where we are sitting on the ladder. Have a look at the forward pack we are fielding on Sunday.
Have a look at our coach at a press conference. Have a look at yourself.

FFS. Harden up and understand that people are entitled to be f**king pissed off with the management of the dragons club. I pay a shite load of corporate dollars in that club and know what's going on. Just don't reply to my posts if you dont care. But I am entitled to add some balance to the love in that's turning our great club soft.
LOL! The meltdown continues.

Hey Chuckles, you going to the game on Sunday?

You seemed to miss it when I last asked the question.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Given our injuries and recent form I'm surprised we are only paying $1.91 for the win in this one. I guess it is still a home game.

Ah well there's still nothing like a few too many cans at the Royal before a stroll down the road to the field of dreams.....

Have a look at what's happening now. Just have a look at the jobs for the boys mentality that's crept back into the club.

I assume you're referring to the coaching staff. We've brought in Folkes, Holbrook, Grima and Shirvington from outside the club. And Price was ordained by Bennett himself as his successor. All he's done is graduate from assistant to head coach. I fail to see how that's in any way "jobs for the boys" as you put it???

Elias1983

Coach
I actually think we will.

We are in the position penrith (not as bad but similar) were last week.

Something tells me we will fire up this week and win.

These young guns are gonna surprise everyone.

64 Dragon

Coach
I actually think we will.

We are in the position penrith (not as bad but similar) were last week.

Something tells me we will fire up this week and win.

These young guns are gonna surprise everyone.

Love your confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoekstra

Juniors
Yes my mind keeps drifting back to the dying minutes of the Roosters game.

Granted the Roosters were flat out on their feet and capitulated late after repeatedly murdering us out of dummy half, but we showed a willingness to attack and converted the effort into points.

It's there; it just has to be harnessed more consistently.

Father Ted

First Grade
I believe the collective is more worried about losing than they are about winning at this time . That points to a lack of confidence in the group . What we may need is a distributed type of leader to emerge ,a Paul Gallen type effort.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I'm Not having a go in any way shape or form but I would love to know what your position is ?

My position is a passionate fan, have been for years who has a business that provides corporate support to the club. It's not huge, but it's decent support none the less. There are a stack of different companies that do the same. I only mention it because my apparent "complaining" is being mistaken. It comes from passion and a real disappointment in the way the club is currently being managed. After success you can judge a person or company. At the moment i feel there are far too many decisions being made that are not in the best interests of the club and or supporters. We finally make some brilliant business decisions and achieve ultimate success because of those decisions. We have now thrown out the magic formula and we're back to the drawing board. It's completely illogical. If the club turns things around then i will be the first to congratulate them.
But at the present time i feel the club has dropped the ball completely in every area on and off the field.

Fire

First Grade
I believe the collective is more worried about losing than they are about winning at this time . That points to a lack of confidence in the group . What we may need is a distributed type of leader to emerge ,a Paul Gallen type effort.

I agree. And I believe Marketo and Merrin (when he returns from Origin duties) will be our two 'Paul Gallens'. I love both their attitudes, so much heart and mongrel in those kids. They will inspire the other forwards.

Elias1983

Coach
Yes my mind keeps drifting back to the dying minutes of the Roosters game.

Granted the Roosters were flat out on their feet and capitulated late after repeatedly murdering us out of dummy half, but we showed a willingness to attack and converted the effort into points.

It's there; it just has to be harnessed more consistently.

100% agreed.

I was saying to my other half that if the dragons started each game 10 points behind then they would be playing a lot better! When they play like they have 5 mins to score 10 points the attack goes up a couple of notches!

It is all attitude.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I'm calling bullshit. But if you're not having a yank, it still doesn't make you anymore entitled than anyone else.

You can call it what you like... but it does make me entitled to have a say, even if it is negative. I believe everything i carry on about is true and based on fact. You should talk to a "wider cross section" of fans at a game as opposed to the "everything is permanently peachy" fans on here. The real opinion, the mass opinion, is at the ground. Not online. Ask 10 people on the hill or in the stands at kogarah what they think of Matt prior, Steve Price and our recruitment. Report back on monday. Enjoy.

Elias1983

Coach
You can call it what you like... but it does make me entitled to have a say, even if it is negative. I believe everything i carry on about is true and based on fact. You should talk to a "wider cross section" of fans at a game as opposed to the "everything is permanently peachy" fans on here. The real opinion, the mass opinion, is at the ground. Not online. Ask 10 people on the hill or in the stands at kogarah what they think of Matt prior, Steve Price and our recruitment. Report back on monday. Enjoy.

Did you ask the same question when we beat the tigers and manly?

Not being a smart ass. I actually agree with most of what you are saying but a lot of the fans on the hill act with a lot of emotion as do most i'd imagine. This often plays with their heads.

Mate they were unhappy with bennett when we lost 5 in a row late last year! They were blaming him for our predictable left hand sweep play, they were blaming him for our crappy (apparent) attitude.

These are people who sit in the hill, the grandstands even in the leagues club!

Father Ted

First Grade
Did you ask the same question when we beat the tigers and manly?

Not being a smart ass. I actually agree with most of what you are saying but a lot of the fans on the hill act with a lot of emotion as do most i'd imagine. This often plays with their heads.

Mate they were unhappy with bennett when we lost 5 in a row late last year! They were blaming him for our predictable left hand sweep play, they were blaming him for our crappy (apparent) attitude.

These are people who sit in the hill, the grandstands even in the leagues club!

Hornbys reaction to Rein was a worry in that it was not a controlled response. It smacked of frustration and may even alienate Rein. If the game plan is not working change it , or drop the people not following it until they do. A successful team must act as one.

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
Yes, Hornby is looking increasingly frustrated out there. It is not the first time he has given it to his players for a dumb option. Not really required though. Surely this will be his last season.

Elias1983

Coach
Hornbys reaction to Rein was a worry in that it was not a controlled response. It smacked of frustration and may even alienate Rein. If the game plan is working change it , or drop the people not following it until they do. A successful team must act as one.

I didn't think anything was wrong with it.

People see it as frustration I see it as a bit of passion, Look what happened to ennis and reynolds in their game against the storm. It's a bit of fire and at least someone was showing it.

I remember Cam smith telling off his troops earlier this year in front of everyone because they let in a soft try at the end. Ok he didn't shove them but he was in their faces and his face was blue!

Father Ted

First Grade
I didn't think anything was wrong with it.

People see it as frustration I see it as a bit of passion, Look what happened to ennis and reynolds in their game against the storm. It's a bit of fire and at least someone was showing it.

I remember Cam smith telling off his troops earlier this year in front of everyone because they let in a soft try at the end. Ok he didn't shove them but he was in their faces and his face was blue!

The thing is to make people follow you with your efforts and example it works better. Defeated troops have historically turned on each other I remember an incident in Canberra with the Raiders years ago when a player shoved another and Fans started booing the shover. Also Browns slapping incident while amusing some years back devided the club. Instant gratification is rarely helpful long term.

Elias1983

Coach
The thing is to make people follow you with your efforts and example it works better. Defeated troops have historically turned on each other I remember an incident in Canberra with the Raiders years ago when a player shoved another and Fans started booing the shover. Also Browns slapping incident while amusing some years back devided the club. Instant gratification is rarely helpful long term.

Your right Father Ted, leading by example is the right way to go but also a rocket every now and then can be effective. If he was doing that every game I would be worried, he has lead by example his whole career and I think if anyone in the team is "qualified" to spit the dummy it's him.

Nathan Brown was Nathan Brown, Enough said. Dragon through and through but wrong man for the job.

The raiders you mention were Brett Mullins and Mark Mclinden.