What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team named

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You can call it what you like... but it does make me entitled to have a say
Your sense of entitlement is well known.

Pfft! Kids today.

You're so wrapped up in your own emotions that you can't see the forest for the trees.
Bring back choc said:
You should talk to a "wider cross section" of fans at a game as opposed to the "everything is permanently peachy" fans on here.
I speak to lots of fellow supporters chuckles.

I see you're still with the assumptions. No comprehension and self opiniated. You're cracking me up.

You assume that I don't bag out on the forwards, that's because you can't bring yourself to read anything that isn't panic-stricken. Use that enormous brain of yours and listen to what people actually say.

So I have asked twice but you seem reluctant to answer, are you going to the game on Sunday?

Elias1983

Coach

Pfft! Kids today.

You're so wrapped up in your own emotions that you can't see the forest for the trees.I speak to lots of fellow supporters chuckles.

I see you're still with the assumptions. No comprehension and self opiniated. You're cracking me up.

You assume that I don't bag out on the forwards, that's because you can't bring yourself to read anything that isn't panic-stricken. Use that enormous brain of yours and listen to what people actually say.

So I have asked twice but you seem reluctant to answer, are you going to the game on Sunday?

Willow, Your wanted over in the "out of ten" discussion.

possm

Coach
Young on the bench is a better move

1. Brett Morris
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Kyle Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch rein
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Jake Marketo
16. Vea
13. De Belin

14. Young
22. King
20. Miller
17. Stockwell

Elias1983

Coach
Young on the bench is a better move

1. Brett Morris
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Kyle Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch rein
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Jake Marketo
16. Vea
13. De Belin

14. Young
22. King
20. Miller
17. Stockwell

Miller is out for a month with a fractured cheekbone.

Elias1983

Coach
Really looking forward to Vea getting more game time as well as Marketo.

Debellin should be getting more time as well.

I'm telling ya we are going to win this week.

Bring back choc

Juniors

Pfft! Kids today.

You're so wrapped up in your own emotions that you can't see the forest for the trees.I speak to lots of fellow supporters chuckles.

I'm at every single game apart from interstate games.

Mr Red

First Grade
I believe the collective is more worried about losing than they are about winning at this time . That points to a lack of confidence in the group . What we may need is a distributed type of leader to emerge ,a Paul Gallen type effort.

i agree to an extent however even gallen was a lone ranger at the gummies until they signed Jeremy smith, todd carney, Fifita, Bryce gibbs, isaac de gois, wade graham, jeff robson, ben ross over the last 2 seasons..
add to that a coach that has taken fringe first graders like robson and graham to a higher level and now you can see the benefits of their recruiting..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm at every single game apart from interstate games.
Well extracting teeth was easier. Will you be in the corporate boxes or on the hill?

Don't fret.

So Kogarah is on your radar?

Where shall we meet chuckles? I'd like to buy you a drink.

TheRev

First Grade
Did you ask the same question when we beat the tigers and manly?

This is what I find the most frustrating on this forum, my stance on players out of position (and BBC is another example) has been the same all year, but the replies on here (and although I admire their positive attitudes) are usually 'hey were 4th on the ladder, what could possibly be wrong, gotehdragonz".

Winning/Losing is largely irrelevant to how a club is genuinely going (especially early season), its all about the team structure, combinations & attitude, if the team is working, the results will generally follow... winning can come down to many factors... there is lucky bounces, poor decisions, flashes of brilliance, golden point, injuries, opposition turns up.. opposition doesnt.. stuff happens.. and we actually had a pretty lucky run early this season, which was misleading to how we were really travelling.

I'm more interested in getting the best squad we can ready for september, with players in their correct positions. But right now I think we are just wasting the season by persisting with out some shuffling of the backline & youth on the bench, its already too late imo, the changes were needed a month ago.

Fire

First Grade
This is what I find the most frustrating on this forum, my stance on players out of position (and BBC is another example) has been the same all year, but the replies on here (and although I admire their positive attitudes) are usually 'hey were 4th on the ladder, what could possibly be wrong, gotehdragonz".

Winning/Losing is largely irrelevant to how a club is genuinely going (especially early season), its all about the team structure, combinations & attitude, if the team is working, the results will generally follow... winning can come down to many factors... there is lucky bounces, poor decisions, flashes of brilliance, golden point, injuries, opposition turns up.. opposition doesnt.. stuff happens.. and we actually had a pretty lucky run early this season, which was misleading to how we were really travelling.

I'm more interested in getting the best squad we can ready for september, with players in their correct positions. But right now I think we are just wasting the season by persisting with out some shuffling of the backline & youth on the bench, its already too late imo, the changes were needed a month ago.

Good point. I agree, the ANZAC win covered up a lot of things. I dunno, what disappoints me most (and I'd consider myself an optimist) is how quickly the 'Wayne Bennett factor' has left, i.e., defence, turning up to each game, etc. I haven't lost faith in Pricey yet, just upset with how quickly we've gone back to 'old ways' in a sense.

I dunno, I'm glad I'm not Price I guess.

bottle

Coach
Nice post Rev. Whilst I, and others, don't always see eye to eye with your assessments it's got a bit to do with how some things are said. I'm sick to death of seeing our players referred to as shit, soft, powder puffs, garbage, rubbish, dead loss etc. etc. etf**king cetera.

Make a resonable and rational critique by all means, but if you're a supporter, SUPPORT. Not saying you don't, but certainly the feeling I get from some on here is consistent abject negativity, which they actually seem to relish. Some seem to actually hate some of the blokes wearing the Red V. I don't get that at all. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile the fact that we all want the same thing at 'the end of the day'.

I definitely consider myself in the 'glass half full' camp. All things considered I feel I follow a successful club that has always been there or thereabouts. It took longer then expected to convert that to a Premmy than I had hoped, but that's the dilemma of being in a balanced competition. I've been around long enough to take the good with the bad, and enjoy the highs when they come.

Minh

First Grade
Premierships are very hard to win, if you win one every decade you have already beaten the odds. I like many others on here had waited a long long time it almost felt impossible to win but thank god we did it in 2010 otherwise a drought of 5ouff$ or even Cronulla proportions would have not been out of the question. For that I thank Wayne and just as importantly the awesome group of players we had and still have, they really deserved it those guys.

verfive

Juniors
Nice post Rev. Whilst I, and others, don't always see eye to eye with your assessments it's got a bit to do with how some things are said. I'm sick to death of seeing our players referred to as shit, soft, powder puffs, garbage, rubbish, dead loss etc. etc. etf**king cetera.

Make a resonable and rational critique by all means, but if you're a supporter, SUPPORT. Not saying you don't, but certainly the feeling I get from some on here is consistent abject negativity, which they actually seem to relish. Some seem to actually hate some of the blokes wearing the Red V. I don't get that at all. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile the fact that we all want the same thing at 'the end of the day'.

I definitely consider myself in the 'glass half full' camp. All things considered I feel I follow a successful club that has always been there or thereabouts. It took longer then expected to convert that to a Premmy than I had hoped, but that's the dilemma of being in a balanced competition. I've been around long enough to take the good with the bad, and enjoy the highs when they come.

I agree. Hate the way we bag the players

Guvner

First Grade
mate i was the last one to say we had depth, if you remember i was just as critical as yourself with our recruitment policy this year..

Where would we be right now without them? Fielding the NYC players.

64 Dragon

Coach

Well said Bottle. My sentiments exactly! It is only a small minority on here that seem to bask in the negativity. In my opinion the good, be it ever so small at the moment, far outweighs the bad and ugly.

When we won in 2010 I felt such a rush of pride, satisfaction, elation, and celebration that I got my first tattoo. Nothing will ever make me use the words I have read on here describing the guys who brought this great success to this mighty club.

Whether we finish first, in the middle or stone motherless, the support I give will always be unconditional.

GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elias1983

Coach

How do you know Steve Price isn't thinking the same thing with the changes he is trying to implement?

It was never going to happen over night, we were never going to be the same team without Bennett.

Give the bloke some time ffs he's been there 10 months.

Minh

First Grade
I believe in Steve Price, he has tried to implement the necessary changes in attack, at the moment we just drop too much ball.