What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to play Sharks:

I am very happy and excited with these changes
Needed to come and it did
Now lets get behind the team and move forward starting with the Sharks

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Agreed. It's not so much about the win or loss it's about the performance. That's why I hope Mara plays. Brown and Ta'ai on either side, Mara and Fish in the middle, Mateo and Maloney linking. Centres may not be the most attacking, but if the men inside can create time and space they'll still do some damage.

Pomeroy vs Mannering would be interesting, neither of them are really known for their ability to pass.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm prety sure he played for the kangaroos at centre didn't he?

Except with last weeks team we would have lost them anyway

I agree completely on last week's team, definitely wasn't a pop - just the sad realisation that even a new XVII probably starts as 2nd favourite comfortably.

And maybe make-shift was the wrong word, but his centre days were 8-10 years ago no matter how 'extensive' Richard Becht says it was to sugar coat a press release. Ruben Wiki also played extensively at centre but you didn't see him in a #3 jersey late in his career..all I'm saying.

I'd have gone 1. Locke 2. Fishiahi 3. Taylor 4. Moon 5. Inu 6. Mateo 7. Maloney 8. Rapira (seriously, can he start and get some confidence already?) 9. Berrigan 10. Packer 11. Mannering 12. Brown 13. Luck (I'd actually have him left right out but only being realistic)
14. Heremaia 15. Lillyman 16. Matulino 17. Ta'ai.

And I'd be seriously rethinking Mannering as (c)

Izz

Bench
DAYUUM!

Helluva lot more changes than i expected to see. I wonder if we'll see Inu and the Fish swap places (same with Locke and Mara). I also wonder (but hope not) whether we'll see quite a few positional swaps within the game.

But good on ya' Ives!

AliN

Live Update Team
Had to be changes and thankfully there are.
Good to see Ukuma back in the 1st grade side.

One Warrior

Bench
Wow Cleary, I didn't expect this, agree with Mannering to centre good move, glad also to see Ta'ai back, that's a much more attacking backrow. Will be interesting to see what role Locke actually plays, he may start and Fishiiahi go to the bench? we asked for changes and we certainly got them.

worier

Juniors
Whoa totally unexpected what have they done with Ivan Cleary ? lol

I like this team but I still think we lack a bit of punch up front especially with Packer and Rapira our of form I would've dropped either of them for Lattimore just to add some size to out pack. I like what Lillyman dose just not enough he really needs to lift his work rate in paticular his hit ups. There going to stuggle against the sharkies.

As for Locke that's an interesting one I thought he went well last week so don't get why he's been benched. I'm guessing Locke is Ivans back up plan incase Fish has another shocker another or Cleary is going to trial them both during the game to see who he will stick with for the future

Izz

Bench
Yeah--i'm happy with both those centre choices, actually.

Little bit concerned by the Tupou/Fish combo coping under the high ball, though, but hopefully they get plenty of shielding. And i can't wait to see the Fish attacking first-grade defences.

Also don't know about Maloney at 7--not sure he's got the vision (or the passing game) a true halfback needs.

Gotta say i like the look of that back row.

Last edited:

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Gotta give Ivan props for this. Not sure how he's gonna use his bench tho. I'm thinking when Heremaia needs a rest, Berrigan to hooker, Inu to centre and Locke onto the wing? Or maybe Taylor will slot into the hooker role.
Whatever happens, the changes made have made me a lot more interested than I would have been if the same team from last week got announced.
Packer and Rapira IMO needs big games and fingers crossed for our back 3 plus Locke. Honestly, don't mind a loss if we get to see some fresh new faces and attitude coming in and giving it their all.
Looking very much forward to Sunday now :)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Good that he made some changes but some of them are poor calls but tbf I'd be more pissed if had kept a similar team tot he last few weeks.

Micistm

Bench
I am very happy and excited with these changes
Needed to come and it did
Now lets get behind the team and move forward starting with the Sharks

Fully agree, I am quite excited about this team, and I gotta give Ives credit, I really did expect to see a token change but not like this. I think it's terrific. Good on 'em. I'm pumped to see how they do, and hope they repay their coach with a real full out effort.
Good luck guys:D

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wow. Gotta give Ivan his dues here. Don't agree with every single change, but overall very gutsy and positive. Packer and Rapira lucky to both still be there though.

Warmess

Juniors
Wow. That's a pretty good team. Let's hope there is some attack in that side and it's not only Ives bunging the Warriors up.

So does that mean, if these guys fire, that's the last we'll see of Hohaia outside of an injury occurring? Maybe even Seymour as well?

Constraint

Juniors
I'll be surprised if we see a massively dramatic turnaround in just one week, but it's VERY exciting to see changes happening, most in the right direction too, in my opinion. Can't wait to see how a confident Fish performs at fb in the future. Stoked that Seymour and Hohaia have been dropped for now.

Momentum following a good win here could be phenomenal. Sunday should be very interesting indeed.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Taupo's probably a perfect place to throw a few youngsters in the deep end too, certainly better than the round 1 Eden Park cauldron or an opposition ground.

Martli

Coach
Merged both team threads. Just a reminder to those who wish to post team threads in the future: you need to post the source with it! I had to edit the original post in both threads to add a source in. LU has had trouble with people posting incorrect teams before so they're quite strict when the teams are first posted on Tuesday. Most of you a pretty good at remembering though.

Anyway, as for the team: good to see some changes being made. Interesting to see Mateo at 6, hopefully that means more game time for him. Fish at fullback will either be awesome or a nightmare, I guess that's why Locke is on the bench. I'm guessing Taylor will slot in at centre and Mannering will move in to the 2nd row to accommodate. I also think we'll see a few changes to the 17 before kick off.

Not going to get my hopes up, but at least something is being done about things.

MKEB...

Staff member
Lets be honest here guys... as much as we wanted to see changes; we got them...Great.

But we all know this will be for only one week (if that team evn stays close to what Ivan says in the first place). It will be back to last weeks team win or loss on Sunday.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Lets be honest here guys... as much as we wanted to see changes; we got them...Great.

But we all know this will be for only one week (if that team evn stays close to what Ivan says in the first place). It will be back to last weeks team win or loss on Sunday.

Yes, agreed there. The named team will really have to deliver, to keep their positions.

Unfortunately, the under-performing players will be back in the frame, in a week or two. But Hohaia & Seymour needed to be dropped.

But I'm really hoping this team actually gets a chance to shine. I think the make up of the team has a lot of potential.

Latest posts