What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
Assuming Kosi is out

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Vailea
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Walker
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Afoa
11- Curran
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Ale, Sifakula, Barnett, Metcalf

Hov

Juniors
Is Ford out due to potential suspension? I like that Metcalf is available and would be tempted to start him straight away as he is class.

Leber

Bench
Are Barnett and Metcalf both available? I thought they were a few weeks away.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Is Ford out due to potential suspension? I like that Metcalf is available and would be tempted to start him straight away as he is class.
We need another attacking option alongside SJ. Need to take advantage of his rich vein of form, Walker is serviceable but is more effective in the middle in short spurts.

I'd be very tempted to chuck Metcalf straight in.

Reactions: Hov

Meth

Staff member

I think Ford got a head knock, didn't he? He was charged and fined. In any event, I see Ford as being a depth signing. We got excited about him early on because he surprised a bit. I think he has some upside and we assumed some of the less-exciting parts of his game would be ironed out in the first few rounds, but it's round 10 and I think they're getting worse, not better. So, I'll never really select him when we have a fuller compliment- Curran, Niukore and Harris keep him out every day of the week IMO

On Metcalf, yeah, due back- I would have him start off the bench.

Meth

Staff member
This is a must win, IMO

We're outside of the 8 and we've lost 3 that we probably assumed we would have. It would have been nice to win one of them. I'm glad we weren't pumped in any of them. But ideally, we'll be clawing back 6 points over the next month

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Definitely need to try something in the halves, 6 points in 2 weeks is an issue
Roosters game was played in a creek, so I wouldnt be too concerned with that one.

Definitely should have scored more points against Penrith though. SJ needs a bit of help.

Doggies are dangerous, they try things from their own half with Burtons kicking game and have speed with Averillo. Could be a shootout.

Blair

Coach
In a race against time I'm hoping to attend my first Warriors game since September 2018.

I've got the cold everyone else has. You don't recover overnight.

nswarrior

Juniors
Let’s see who is out but I would like to see Barry in centres if Kosi is out. Vailea has had a couple of chances but keeps making same defensive mistakes

JJ

Immortal
If Metcalfe is the future the Dogs are a good side to play him against, and Walker better suited elsewhere

Meth

Staff member
1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Volkman
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Afoa