What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I reckon we get another year out of this squad before fringe players look elsewhere for starting games. It’s only natural. Depth can ebb and flow. Throw in RTS and CHT and 30 don’t go into 18. We’re stacked with centres and utilities so who’s first to crack and or seek value elsewhere.
Centre will sort itself out, Pompey and Viliame likely gone next year and Vailea doesn’t seem to be in favour. Could see someone like Curran moving for a guaranteed start though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How good is our depth. Other than Penrith, it is the best in the competition. Really good signs.
We could use another big prop but apart from that we’re looking really balanced. Would love to see us get a behemoth with an offload who can come on for 20min stints and terrorise the opposition particularly when AFB is getting a spell.

nswarrior

Juniors
I guess Webby knows what he's doing, but it 100% seems weird.

I hope Curran doesn't get itchy feet and seeks a club elsewhere
Curran would definitely leave. He would make the 17 in most teams. Seems to play well for us but there is something more to it

GoSouths

Juniors
We could use another big prop but apart from that we’re looking really balanced. Would love to see us get a behemoth with an offload who can come on for 20min stints and terrorise the opposition particularly when AFB is getting a spell.
wonder if we are in the running for Tino or Payne. Tino is on the market now and will set the market for Payne who will want more.
Spencer Leniu and Jordan Maclean are both off contract after this season. Would be look at them for 2024?

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
wonder if we are in the running for Tino or Payne. Tino is on the market now and will set the market for Payne who will want more.
Spencer Leniu and Jordan Maclean are both off contract after this season. Would be look at them for 2024?
Obviously both top shelf but would come with a top shelf price tag.
could look at someone like Wiremu Grieg at Parra, off contract next year, he’s a kiwi boy too so probably wouldn’t want overs. I work with his uncle, he’s from up north somewhere

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Off-field stuff with Curran, or subtle on-field stuff? Hard to say but he’s been on the outer all season. I feel like he’s not a great defender which maybe isn’t popular with this regime?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s amazing to be able to say this but we’re in a completely different place to where we were last year in terms of approaching signings. Last year we had an (on paper) weak roster and weren’t performing which meant we probably needed to pay overs for big signings. This year we’ve flipped the script, we’re performing and the roster already has depth so instead of looking for big names we should probably be targeting mid tier or young players who will come to the club on fairly low $$ for an opportunity to be part of a good culture.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Off-field stuff with Curran, or subtle on-field stuff? Hard to say but he’s been on the outer all season. I feel like he’s not a great defender which maybe isn’t popular with this regime?
I suspect off field had a bit to do with it until now. On field could be to do with either defence or passing game, Curran is a great hole runner but doesn’t really pass before the line much and put other players away. Mind you neither does Ford.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Payne Haas is potentially available, imagine him and AFB together, it'd be unfair

Leber

Bench
Curran in, Lussick out.

Raiders have their big boppers back and am nearly full strength. Plus, It'll be wet which isn't good for us.

I hope we aren't in trouble here.