What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Meth

Staff member
1- NIcoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Afoa, Tevaga, Curran, Walker

hitro

Juniors
Is Charnze ok to play? Is Wayde ok to play? Is Te Maire ok to play? Is Te Maire better than Metcalf? Are any guys going to be rested a bit for the finals? Seems unlikely any of the other teams can catch up for 3rd place. Reckon Bunty can do some of Addin's work next few weeks so he's not too beat up for inevitable game against Broncos. Maybe less game time for Marata so he doesn't get suspended. Other guys to consider lightening load could be Tohu (knees) Charnze (concussion) Wayde (concussion etc)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The lack of game time would concern me, but I'd reckon TMM is a better option for finals matches and games against top 8 sides than Metcalf.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Actually the Storm can catch up
Yeah though we need to drop a game.

im honestly not sure if 3rd is much better than 4th this year though.

I’d be looking at resting 3/4 players in each of the next few games.
This week I’d rest Charnze and Wade due to their injuries plus the need to get Taine working better with the backline combos, give Barnett a week in reserves for his dropsies, and bring in TMM or Volkmann for Metcalf.
In the next two games I’d give SJ, DWZ, Tohu, AFB, Ford, Walker, Pompey and Niukore each a game off.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah though we need to drop a game.

im honestly not sure if 3rd is much better than 4th this year though.

I’d be looking at resting 3/4 players in each of the next few games.
This week I’d rest Charnze and Wade due to their injuries plus the need to get Taine working better with the backline combos, give Barnett a week in reserves for his dropsies, and bring in TMM or Volkmann for Metcalf.
In the next two games I’d give SJ, DWZ, Tohu, AFB, Ford, Walker, Pompey and Niukore each a game off.
I think we'd rather have the Broncos away given we have a good recent record there, although yeah they're hot in 2023.

I'm genuinely unsure what Webster will do. I don't think it'll be as drastic as you say, but let's see.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think we'd rather have the Broncos away given we have a good recent record there, although yeah they're hot in 2023.

I'm genuinely unsure what Webster will do. I don't think it'll be as drastic as you say, but let's see.
He probably doesn’t need to spell all those guys- but idd definitely like to see a few combos changed in the next few weeks plus some key guys workload’s managed.

sup42

Juniors
Is Charnze ok to play? Is Wayde ok to play? Is Te Maire ok to play? Is Te Maire better than Metcalf? Are any guys going to be rested a bit for the finals? Seems unlikely any of the other teams can catch up for 3rd place. Reckon Bunty can do some of Addin's work next few weeks so he's not too beat up for inevitable game against Broncos. Maybe less game time for Marata so he doesn't get suspended. Other guys to consider lightening load could be Tohu (knees) Charnze (concussion) Wayde (concussion etc)

Last thing I read on TMM said that he is not going to be ready this round, rather the one after.

Wade apparently is fine, throat injury, not serious. Wades exit from the field was not an HIA.

With only two rounds for TMM to get fit, I would be tempted to play him with Metcalf on the bench to insure against any issues with TMM.

The annoying thing about the team at the moment is we have lost that form we had before the bye.

Getting CNK (as you say) back will go a long way towards fixing our form slump.

I was not worried about the Tigers result, after losing Egan it was always going to be a revert to basic football scenario.

It is not all bad with two ugly wins on the trot, if we were peaking in those games, that could be too soon for the finals, considering that we could end up having to win seven games straight on top of an already five game streak.

That is thirteen wins in a row, a feat no Warriors team has ever achieved.

I would rather we have flat games and or drop one now and have a more manageable win streak than setting an all time Warriors record of wins all played at peak intensity.

I suspect we are also seeing a little bit of playing on auto pilot at the moment, subconsciously holding back a bit to win on minimal output.

Leber

Bench
Cnk in for TT and lussick in for Wayde. I doubt there will be any extra changes. It’s not Webster style

GoSouths

Juniors
Do you think our trainers capable of tapering and peaking the team for the finals? Is that what is happening now with these last few games?

Meth

Staff member
I guess I'm hoping that these wins are as good as a loss for us, if you buy into that theory

Blair

Coach
I guess I'm hoping that these wins are as good as a loss for us, if you buy into that theory.

Remember the 2011 finals? We tend to forget about week one - the horror show in Brisbane - but it woke us up with a fright. If there's a theory out there (and I'm not immune to it) that we need a bit of a bloody nose, before things really heat up, then let's have it this week.

If history repeats and we get annihilated by the Broncos in week one then that's not a disaster either.

My own reality check? I'm concerned because...we keep winning!

Blair

Coach
Have said it before- I don't think the bye is good for us, generally.
Collectively, I agree. How about individually? There's talk about resting certain players but would this guarantee they'll be better afterwards?