What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys

Blair

Coach
Cows pretty firm favourites in this one.
I thought so too, when I looked at the two teams. The Cowboys don't appear to be weakened much by the loss of Drinkwater and Hiku.

Plus, they're at home, on a warm night. We've been on the road now for our first four games, Rotorua, Christchurch, Sydney and, now, Townsville.

The boys must already be getting sick of buses, planes and hotel rooms.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Hope Te Maire Martin does something this week. The last praise I heard of Martin was last year when he was a fullback executing a overlap. Now that he's a 6, he's gotta make those overlaps.

Meth

Staff member
I thought so too, when I looked at the two teams. The Cowboys don't appear to be weakened much by the loss of Drinkwater and Hiku.

Really? Pretty massive gap between them and their replacements.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm also saying it every week but....with key absences already in the backline it feels like we're shooting ourselves in the foot by not picking Vailea and sending out the ploddiest bunch of plodders.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but what I do know is Vailea looked razor sharp and a class above in the trial against the Tigers - so I don't entirely accept that we don't know where he's at right now

I'm also saying it every week but....with key absences already in the backline it feels like we're shooting ourselves in the foot by not picking Vailea and sending out the ploddiest bunch of plodders.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but what I do know is Vailea looked razor sharp and a class above in the trial against the Tigers - so I don't entirely accept that we don't know where he's at right now
Vailea has been turning up late to training. He just needs to pull his head in and he's in. You do know he was named in our first round game but got omitted late as he turned up late (Not the 1st time)

Pompey...

(I can't be bothered offering the same opinion about how bog average he is week, after week. I'm just going to write his name and presume you all know what I mean)
Pompey has one the best attitudes apparently and actually shows up on time for training. Vailea just needs to pull his head in as he plays pretty well.

Blair

Coach
Really? Pretty massive gap between them and their replacements.
Yes, it's a gulf in class but what I mean is the rest of the Cowboys team softens the blow.

At the Warriors, if we lose, say, Harris and Fonua-Blake, then the rest of the team doesn't measure up as well.

That's a shame but I 100% support him not being picked if true. Webster needs to enforce standards.
It is. He is young and talented. We all know talent only gets you so far. I commend Webster for setting the standards as we all know Vailea is probably the better option to have in centres. Lets see how he responds :)

sup42

Juniors
Vailea has been turning up late to training. He just needs to pull his head in and he's in. You do know he was named in our first round game but got omitted late as he turned up late (Not the 1st time)

Dude is not the best defenders in the Reggies.

This hint of an attitude if true is alarming.

Short leash, show him the door early if there is no change.

All I have seen from Vailea is speed and a keen eye for an intercept. Neither of those qualities are on the essential list for RL centers. Can we say he is a strong defender? Does he have a nice pass on him? Coz that is what a center is, an apex defender with a great read of play and a distributor to edge players. If you cannot do those things then you will never be a decent center.

Not saying he cannot develop those basic Center roles, but if he has an attitude he will NEVER develop as a Warrior....not one flash kid from here with a stink attitude has ever gone on to become a more complete player.

Also, I really like the look of baby Ali, he has a good work rate and looks quite mature for a Reggie, especially the way he lines up people.

Blair

Coach
Jazz Sucks.
He'll be up for it though. If he unsettles the opposition, without being caught out by the officials, then he's done his job.

Ps, I'm at work tonight, so will miss the game. I'll see you all on the other side! I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
Jazz is not the sharpest knife in the draw....As Matt Dillon said to Cameron Diaz in something about Mary "I work with tards".

Jazz has a in house Iro bet like Nikorima had...Nikorima was for more running, Jazz's Iro bet is to not give away penalties or errors....

Made me laugh watching the new Jazz offload like a maniac last week in his NSW cup return.....dude thinks he is Sonny Pill, the landcrab that thought he was a Jaguar V12....I love hate Jazz, love that he is the toughest player at the club, hate that he is one of the dumbest.

Last edited: