What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Souths

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On a random note who else has got their members merch this year? I got the members hat and the new white retro jersey damn these modern jerseys are snug round the gut, I sized up to an XL and it’s still smaller than my 2001 L!
Also the hats are definitely on the small side, mine just fits and I’ve got no hair- considering the number of big people with big hair in our fan base I suspect there’s gonna be some unhappy members!!
Both designs are really nice though, as were the luggage tags and drink holder I ordered.

Blair

Coach
On a random note who else has got their members merch this year? I got the members hat and the new white retro jersey damn these modern jerseys are snug round the gut, I sized up to an XL and it’s still smaller than my 2001 L!
Also the hats are definitely on the small side, mine just fits and I’ve got no hair- considering the number of big people with big hair in our fan base I suspect there’s gonna be some unhappy members!!
Both designs are really nice though, as were the luggage tags and drink holder I ordered.
I'll keep an eye out for you this Saturday if you're going. I've got all the info I need!

Meth

Staff member
I should say that I fully expect Ford to revert to type and to be calling for his head next week.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

I'm generally an XL and my parents bought a 3XL jacket for me (maybe trying to tell me something?) which is a little bit big but actually fits pretty well. My Dad (who is probably 20kg lighter than me) reckoned he tried on a 2XL and it fit him, hence the 3XL.

I'm generally an XL and my parents bought a 3XL jacket for me (maybe trying to tell me something?) which is a little bit big but actually fits pretty well. My Dad (who is probably 20kg lighter than me) reckoned he tried on a 2XL and it fit him, hence the 3XL.
Which jacket did you get? Was eyeing up the wet weather and the down puffer ones last night.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Does anyone know if there's way to pick up 9 or Fox commentary for NZ games? The Sky commentary grinds my gears something bad man... nearly resorted to watching on mute over the weekend.
Have tried but they dont let us do it which is a shame, it’s embarrassing the level of commentary we put out

Only way around it might be to sync it up to whatever radio call is going, SENZ do all the home games and are fairly parochial, not sure if the Aussie stations do their own off a tv screen

Only way around it might be to sync it up to whatever radio call is going, SENZ do all the home games and are fairly parochial, not sure if the Aussie stations do their own off a tv screen
Yea that might be worth a crack, thanks. Honestly I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything.

Rich102

Staff member
I just turn the TV sound off and listen to the wife.
I can see what happens and it keeps the noise down.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Re: the commentary, isn't it mental that we get Australian commentary for every other game but aren't even given the option for our own games? Surely as part of the package Sky have access to it, yet they're paying a whole suite of complete imbeciles to dish out some of the most inept commentary known to man. I don't just pin that on the dopey ex-players either, because Glen Larmer is HORRENDOUS, and it's a shame because I always thought he came across as a nice enough guy when he was a radio host.

Meth

Staff member
Capewell, Pompey and Metcalf out
CNK, Ale and TMM in.

Lussick listed ahead of CHT

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Team lists are out:

1. Charnze Nicol-Klokstad
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Rocco Berry
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Wayde Egan
10. Mitchell Barnett
11. Jackson Ford
12. Marata Niukore
13. Tohu Harris (c)

Interchange:

14. Freddy Lussick
15.Tom Ale
16. Bunty Afoa
17.Jazz Tevaga

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't really understand why Lussick dropped out for CHT last week, pre-game, and now is back in and presumably will play unless Webster pulls that again.

I do understand why TMM is the 6, because Webster clearly thinks he's the better half. Sucks for CHT, though, he seemed to do pretty well last week and must've thought he was a chance.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah I get TMM but would’ve thought CHT is better value than Lussick as a bench utility. Could just be that Webster rates both to do the job so he’s rotating them to keep them exposed to first grade regularly.

All up though that’s a very strong side.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think I know what Webster is up to with the team selection. It’s forecast to rain heavily and he’s gone with a heavyweight bench of two big men, a smaller middle forward and a hooker. The gameplan will be to play it fast and straight up the middle then pin Souths on their line with SJs kicking game and force them to work. As a yardage team we’ve got them beat all over the park, especially given our back three love to come inside looking for early set carries.

Latest posts