What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Souths

Meth

Staff member
I think I know what Webster is up to with the team selection. It’s forecast to rain heavily and he’s gone with a heavyweight bench of two big men, a smaller middle forward and a hooker. The gameplan will be to play it fast and straight up the middle then pin Souths on their line with SJs kicking game and force them to work. As a yardage team we’ve got them beat all over the park, especially given our back three love to come inside looking for early set carries.

Typically, Webster ball doesn't translate well to wet weather and we got smashed by Souths in the wet last season

vvvrulz

Coach
We got absolutely killed by the Bunnies in the wet last year, that was easily our worst performance of the season.

This won't be an easy match - they're a strange, desperate team who can suddenly fire.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Re: the commentary, isn't it mental that we get Australian commentary for every other game but aren't even given the option for our own games? Surely as part of the package Sky have access to it, yet they're paying a whole suite of complete imbeciles to dish out some of the most inept commentary known to man. I don't just pin that on the dopey ex-players either, because Glen Larmer is HORRENDOUS, and it's a shame because I always thought he came across as a nice enough guy when he was a radio host.
Agreed, I used to hate Costigan at the time but I’d take him back in a heartbeat now. Bring back Hughes and Lowe

Are they still paying Halligan money to fly around Australia to talk on screen for 3 minutes ?

TheDMC

Bench
I think that’s a bit well, presumptuous. It could be TMM, but Webster could have still opted for CHT on the bench yesterday due to his utility value. But I think we both agree CHT should be in the 17, whether it’s off the bench or at 6. Anyway the team is like to see:

1. Charnze Nicol-Klokstad
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Rocco Berry
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Wayde Egan
10. Mitchell Barnett
11. Jackson Ford
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Tohu Harris (c)

Interchange:

14. Dylan Walker/Jazz Tevaga
15. Bunty Afoa/Tom Ale
16. CHT
17. Marata Niukore
Seems I may have been a bit presumptuous.

Matua

Bench
Re: the commentary, isn't it mental that we get Australian commentary for every other game but aren't even given the option for our own games? Surely as part of the package Sky have access to it, yet they're paying a whole suite of complete imbeciles to dish out some of the most inept commentary known to man. I don't just pin that on the dopey ex-players either, because Glen Larmer is HORRENDOUS, and it's a shame because I always thought he came across as a nice enough guy when he was a radio host.
I don't really wishing for the Oz commentary considering every Oz game we get Blocker Roach, he's unlistenable.

Izz

Bench
I don't really wishing for the Oz commentary considering every Oz game we get Blocker Roach, he's unlistenable.
I'd take him in a heartbeat over Adam 'the living proof that experience doesn't necessarily make someone an expert' Blair...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
the weather that’s due to hit Sydney over the weekend should have moved south by kick-off- so it’ll likely be a soggy track but not raining, with a strong southerly blowing. Actually sounds pretty similar conditions to Mt Smart last weekend so hopefully SJ has his kicking game dialled in already.

Matua

Bench
I'd take him in a heartbeat over Adam 'the living proof that experience doesn't necessarily make someone an expert' Blair...
I wouldn't, I mute him, he has the worst Aussie bogan accent, and that's before the dip shittery of the content coming out of his mouth.

Try the ABC radio call- though I’m not sure how well it will sync up to the broadcast.

Hoping to give it a go this weekend but the video feed delay through the Sky Pod is pretty pronounced so I'll need to find a radio stream that can be paused so I can let the video catch up and sync before restarting the radio call.

Don't even know if that's possible (?) but shit I'll try anything.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hoping to give it a go this weekend but the video feed delay through the Sky Pod is pretty pronounced so I'll need to find a radio stream that can be paused so I can let the video catch up and sync before restarting the radio call.

Don't even know if that's possible (?) but shit I'll try anything.
The ABC digital stream has a few seconds delay too so you might get lucky and find it syncs up ok.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Think I’ll go along on Saturday. It’s one of the three options I can claim on my NSW membership and I’m rostered for work on the night of all three of them- but the other two are evening games so I’d actually have to take time off to make those.
fingers crossed the rain has blown through by lunchtime!

Matua

Bench
The ABC digital stream has a few seconds delay too so you might get lucky and find it syncs up ok.
Kayo is always falling behind the actual broadcast because it's such a dog poop app so I expect the commentary would start ahead of the game and then wind up behind it before half time.

I was looking at going to this game, tickets we were looking at, because Homebush is so terrible there are only a few good viewing spots, were $58. $58 for a round robin match is nuts.

As it is I'm watching my first ever aussie rules match on Saturday (my niece has joined a team) so I wouldn't be able to make it out to Homebush in time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kayo is always falling behind the actual broadcast because it's such a dog poop app so I expect the commentary would start ahead of the game and then wind up behind it before half time.

I was looking at going to this game, tickets we were looking at, because Homebush is so terrible there are only a few good viewing spots, were $58. $58 for a round robin match is nuts.

As it is I'm watching my first ever aussie rules match on Saturday (my niece has joined a team) so I wouldn't be able to make it out to Homebush in time.
How fast is your connection? Kayo is fine for me on a 50mbit connection at home but when I had a slower connection it was always buffering. I get 4K live with hardly any glitches now.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I suspect the supporters bay tix won’t be great but hey it’s not costing me anything extra so might as well.

Matua

Bench
How fast is your connection? Kayo is fine for me on a 50mbit connection at home but when I had a slower connection it was always buffering. I get 4K live with hardly any glitches now.
I'm on a 100mb and it's not buffering it just always glitches back a few seconds.

the weather that’s due to hit Sydney over the weekend should have moved south by kick-off- so it’ll likely be a soggy track but not raining, with a strong southerly blowing. Actually sounds pretty similar conditions to Mt Smart last weekend so hopefully SJ has his kicking game dialled in already.
Just realised the Dogs v Roosters game is also at Accor on Fri night... does the ground normally hold up ok for two wet weather games like that?