What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dolphins

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I've been very critical of the team this season, but honestly on paper we should lose this week and I couldn't really be critical if we do. The injury and unavailability situation is just ridiculous. By my count we have 5 out of 13 first choice players in their normal positions. We only have 2 of our first choice pack and are missing the entire "spine" of the pack, so to speak (AFB, Egan, Harris). We have 0/4 of our first choice spine in the correct position. We are borderline closer to a full strength NSW Cup team than a full strength NRL team.

I've been very critical of the team this season, but honestly on paper we should lose this week and I couldn't really be critical if we do. The injury and unavailability situation is just ridiculous. By my count we have 5 out of 13 first choice players in their normal positions. We only have 2 of our first choice pack and are missing the entire "spine" of the pack, so to speak (AFB, Egan, Harris). We have 0/4 of our first choice spine in the correct position. We are borderline closer to a full strength NSW Cup team than a full strength NRL team.
After reading all this. We will probably win lol
That's the Warriors for you.
Sometimes fielding the predictable lineup works against you. It can in our situation as we really don't have any variation in our blueprint. We are still very predictable.
Fielding players out of position and cup players changes the dynamics and predictability.

Warriors 30-10

Scott

Bench
After reading all this. We will probably win lol
That's the Warriors for you.
Sometimes fielding the predictable lineup works against you. It can in our situation as we really don't have any variation in our blueprint. We are still very predictable.
Fielding players out of position and cup players changes the dynamics and predictability.

Warriors 30-10
Yeah, not this time. Old man Bennett has that Dolphins team humming. Everybody plays their role to perfection.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, not this time. Old man Bennett has that Dolphins team humming. Everybody plays their role to perfection.
That, and Penrith's awful performance against us reminded everyone that the margins are too small to coast, even when you're the best...

TheDMC

Bench
That, and Penrith's awful performance against us reminded everyone that the margins are too small to coast, even when you're the best...
Panthers were really awful weren't they...that is 90% why we won...

JJ

Immortal
I thought so, very unlike them imo. Some great efforts from us, but I don’t think it would’ve mattered had they played at their normal level. Tigpies should be worried with the talent they’ll lose and hoping Luai is the guy to lead the team

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep that's a massive part of why we won, but we were still good enough to put them away. We've lost to averagely-performing sides this year, but got it over the three-time premiers when we could've been overawed or written it off as too hard

Izz

Bench
Some interesting moves...

CNK to centre, Berry obviously couldn't overcome a broken hand in 1 week 🤣
CHT to 5/8
Niukore named as a starting prop, with Barnett staying on the edge (wonder if that'll change on game day)
Roache onto the bench

Moala Graham-Taufa (a winger) and Maiu'u 18th and 19th men respectively

Blair

Coach
I'm working this afternoon so won't be in the game-day thread until tonight. Good luck to you all!

Izz

Bench
Wow, CNK now out apparently, Graham-Taufa to make his Warriors debut, Kosi now 18th man...

Hopefully there's no late switch to play Kosi...

Big Marn

Bench
another hypenated name. MGT. They grow on trees at the Warriors. Hes been playing mainly centre this season for the reserves and i was hoping he would get a crack ahead of Kosi, but just not at the expense of CNK.

Reactions: Izz

Leber

Bench
They are a stones throw away from
Having to hand out jerseys to randoms in the crowd

Leber

Bench
Here is the team of unavailable players

1. CNK
3. Berry
4. Leuiatua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
11. Capewell
13. Harris

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Speaking of weird results with reserves, went to Henson Park yesterday and saw the Sharks reserves (Jets) hammer the Penrith reserves 44-6, right before the Panthers hammered the Sharks