What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Newcastle ?

eel01s

Bench
Forecast for Newcastle on Sunday is rain and winds up to 35km/h from the south later in the day... Good day to move from the fullback to the centres I reckon!!

Unlucky Reecey!! :lol:

Gee I hope Sandow puts his bombing skills to good use (and not just in the pre game warm up!).

Joely01

Bench
Like you, obviously a day on the drink with mates is more important than supporting his team. Although it's highly likely that he wont be resigned now I guess.

I had a bucks party I couldn't get out of. It was my first home game I missed in 4 years.

I would have thought he would have had to be at the game being on contract with us still.

eels_fan

First Grade
Newcastle 4 wins to start the season in fine weather. 2 wet weather losses in a row.

It's Rains = Eels win.

Simple. I think..

Eelsman87

Juniors
Too many people on here are used too accepting average. Like I have stated with Gower. Yeah he runs up and tackles. Guys on here cream and give each other neck pecks on how great he is.
Think of a other teams forward packs and which ones he would make.....

And there are too many people on here who don't see or accept things for what they are. The expectation is that one of these days someone will walk into this place, pull the rug throught it and BOOM . . . We are now a well drilled, well oiled machine in 12-18 months Despite how poor a state the club is in. Some people need to wake up and be patient.

Now i have already heard the 'we are over it' 'been a shambles for too long' points and i agree. But I also know re-builds and getting this mess in order both roster and salary cap wise takes the best part of 2 years to fix.

Consider the past when we have over paid for players to come here , kept guys on overs based on potential, and then paid chunks of player contracts who are now at other clubs . . .

Now consider we are getting rid of the deadwood, signing rep quality (battle hardened) players on the correct money and signing guys that can do solid jobs for us (Taka, Wicks, Gower). I dont have any links to the club but have heard from some close the recruitment drive isn't over (those whispers echoed on here). The Gower's and Wicks' of the world play hard, run hard and tackle hard, something every club needs.

i have never seen us lift that trophy and i just like everyone on here want nothing more. But let's allow the bloke to get his job done, and judge him at the end of next season. At least then we can judge fairly and say his team, his squad of 25.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Anyone have any news on Semi returning this weekend? I have seen on various websites (Foxsports.com.au, Late mail columns) that he is a chance of returning, has anyone seen him back in full training with the team? Makes a big difference this weekend.

Eelsman87

Juniors
Too many people on here are used too accepting average. Like I have stated with Gower. Yeah he runs up and tackles. Guys on here cream and give each other neck pecks on how great he is.
Think of a other teams forward packs and which ones he would make.....

And there are too many people on here who don't see or accept things for what they are. The expectation is that one of these days someone will walk into this place, pull the rug throught it and BOOM . . . We are now a well drilled, well oiled machine in 12-18 months Despite how poor a state the club is in. Some people need to wake up and be patient.

Now i have already heard the 'we are over it' 'been a shambles for too long' points and i agree. But I also know re-builds and getting this mess in order both roster and salary cap wise takes the best part of 2 years to fix.

Consider the past when we have over paid for players to come here , kept guys on overs based on potential, and then paid chunks of player contracts who are now at other clubs . . .

Now consider we are getting rid of the deadwood, signing rep quality (battle hardened) players on the correct money and signing guys that can do solid jobs for us (Taka, Wicks, Gower). I dont have any links to the club but have heard from some close the recruitment drive isn't over (those whispers echoed on here). The Gower's and Wicks' of the world play hard, run hard and tackle hard, something every club needs.

i have never seen us lift that trophy and i just like everyone on here want nothing more. But let's allow the bloke to get his job done, and judge him at the end of next season. At least then we can judge fairly and say his team, his squad of 25.

Newcastle 4 wins to start the season in fine weather. 2 wet weather losses in a row.

It's Rains = Eels win.

Simple. I think..

Interesting. Mullen didn't seem to think the rain had anything to do with their losses when on Sterlo's show the other night, but he did mention that they were being coached to throw it around more this year. That suggests they might do so again this weekend. If we drop De Gois or Paulo and put another big bopper on the bench, as well as getting Taka back, we're starting to look pretty good value at $2.80.

OK, you've convinced me, the paycheck is going on the mighty Eels.

lingard

Coach
On Monday night I had a dream in which Parramatta beat Newcastle 27-12.
I've only twice before dreamt the result of a sporting contest (one was a horse race and one was a football game) and both times the dream was correct.
Doesn't mean anything, probably, but I thought I'd share it with youse.

On Monday night I had a dream in which Parramatta beat Newcastle 27-12.
I've only twice before dreamt the result of a sporting contest (one was a horse race and one was a football game) and both times the dream was correct.
Doesn't mean anything, probably, but I thought I'd share it with youse.

So just to be clear, you're definitely saying that I should borrow $10,000 from a loan shark and plonk it all on the Eels 13+?

Latest posts