What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks- Round 1

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah Dallin and RTS are our quickest and they’re not in the elite speedster class. Probably doesn’t help us that our 3 naturally fastest players (those two and SJ) are all getting toward the back end of their careers and have lost a yard or two of pace.
Kosi is big and hard to stop once he gets going and Montoya runs hard but neither are especially fast.

Izz

Bench
01. Taine Tuaupiki
02. Dallin Watene-Zelesniak
03. Rocco Berry
04. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
05. Marcelo Montoya
06. Luke Metcalf
07. Shaun Johnson
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Wayde Egan
10. Mitchell Barnett
11. Jackson Ford
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Tohu Harris

14. Freddy Lussick
15. Tom Ale
16. Bunty Afoa
17. Dylan Walker

18. Adam Pompey

Niukore out with a 'minor' foot fracture.

No Jazz! Listed as 20 on nrl.com. Lussick beat him out.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hope Niukore’s foot heals quick. If it’s a hairline fracture it shouldn’t take too long, but you’d think it’ll still be a few weeks.
Rest of the team pretty much as expected except Lussick for Jazz- if that’s a sign that Webby is going to hold Jazz accountable for mistakes then happy days.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Surprised, but pleased, to see Jazz not picked this week. He was well off based on the Dolphins game, and needs to sort his discipline/calmness on the field.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Our NSW Cup team has a handful of genuine first graders, another good sign for our depth this year.

1. Ben Farr
2. Setu Tu
3. Ali Leiataua
4. Moala Graham-Taufa
5. Edward Kosi
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
7. Te Maire Martin
8. Tanner Stowers-Smith
9. Paul Roache
10. Jazz Tevaga
11. Maia Sands
12. Jacob Laban
13. Kalani Going

14. Geronimo Doyle
15. Eddie Ieremia-Toeava
16. Toni Tupouniua
17. Dylan Tavita
18. Patrick Moimoi

ozenzud

Juniors
See the sharks have some serious muscle in the centres. Roger/Ford and Berry/Capewell will need to be at their best.

Awesome line ups. Seriously oozing talent across both teams. (NRL/NSW)
Glad to also see I picked the bench pretty much (bar Marata for Lussick)
This is going to be worth heading to all the way from Wellington.
Good luck to all our teams including the young guns at (SG/HM)

Meth

Staff member
See the sharks have some serious muscle in the centres. Roger/Ford and Berry/Capewell will need to be at their best.

Berry owned Talakai last year. I was at the game. I remember being nervous about that match up going into the game.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Berry owned Talakai last year. I was at the game. I remember being nervous about that match up going into the game.
Takakai is a bit of a myth tbh. He had the one superhuman half of football against Manly a couple of years ago but he’s been dining out on it ever since

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Webster said today that Metcalf had put on '6 or 7 kgs' in the off-season. That is insane to me. Is that something that happens? The guy has been in the system for how long, 3-4 years? Completely blew my mind. I would love to know how that looks nutrition and strength training wise

Izz

Bench
Webster said today that Metcalf had put on '6 or 7 kgs' in the off-season. That is insane to me. Is that something that happens? The guy has been in the system for how long, 3-4 years? Completely blew my mind. I would love to know how that looks nutrition and strength training wise
Either he's seriously avoided the weights until now, or... I don't know?

Shit that’s a lot for a guy of his stature. Did anyone notice him being that much bigger in the trials though? I completely missed it.

ozbash

Referee
Shit that’s a lot for a guy of his stature. Did anyone notice him being that much bigger in the trials though? I completely missed it.
Yea, I thought he looked more solid..he didn't seem to have lost any speed though.

""We had SJ, Foran, Luke and RTS at one point remember.""

Issac Luke and Foran were disappointing that year.. promised so much...

Can't get over how good Foran has been last couple of seasons..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hard on TV I guess, looking at photos his guns do look bigger but he must be a lot bigger through the arse/trunk as well. That is a staggering amount of weight, to do in a reasonably short period of time while maintaining speed, fitness etc. Or at least it seems that way to me. I'd love to know how that happens calorie-wise, food types, training etc

Latest posts