What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Tigers 16/8/09

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Good to see wright continuing playing 5/8 this week.
I wont be adding to our attacking prowess "this week" but I am glad he is there.

tye

Juniors
Have to agree, poor bloke is being crucified, I really felt sorry for the kid last night. He has been thrown in at the deep end & is strugling. Obviously he has the talent now lets give him the time.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Have to agree, poor bloke is being crucified, I really felt sorry for the kid last night. He has been thrown in at the deep end & is strugling. Obviously he has the talent now lets give him the time.

Wright is there for a very good reason. But we will never see the best of him at 5/8. Good to see you are on the ball for a change Tye.;-)

Stonecutter

First Grade
Everyone seems to forget he is still only 18 when they critisise him.

One thing is for certain, he is definitely not another Karl Filiga.

Inferno

Coach
I reckon Toops will play this week.

I reckon we'll line up

1. Stapleton
2. Ferguson
3. Pom
4. Wright
5. Covell
6. Toops
7. Porter
8. Douglas
9. Hughes
10. Snowy
11. Millington
12. Afamsaga
13. Gallen

14. Norrie
15. Donelly
16. Brown
17. Seu Seu

If it was me I'd go

1. Fergo
2. Stapler
3. Wright
4. Covell
5. Misi
6. Toops
7. Porter
8. Norrie
9. Hughes
10. Snowy
11. Douglas
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Afamasaga
15. Donelly
16. The Pom
17. Seu Seu

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wonder if Pommeroy will defend @ 5/8 with Matt outside defending centre, like last week.

Please Ricky put the Cov back on the left. Please.

DJDL

Bench
Can't see Cov moving left Angry.
I get the impression that right wing is the only place left for him in the squad.
Blake is a far better option at left wing. I know he's having a rest, but I think that's the way it's going down

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can't see Cov moving left Angry.
I get the impression that right wing is the only place left for him in the squad.
Blake is a far better option at left wing. I know he's having a rest, but I think that's the way it's going down
Why though?

What is wrong with Blake on the right? Or for this match Misi.

I don't like Cov and the Pom together.

DJDL

Bench
Why though?

What is wrong with Blake on the right? Or for this match Misi.

I don't like Cov and the Pom together.

I think because most of our play goes left, so you want your most potent attacking weapon on the end of it.
Last year we saw a heap of breaks made down the left only for Cov to be nowhere in sight or, if he was, to be run down within 10 metres.

Speed on the left is the way to go IMHO.

And for mine, aside from experience, Cov has pretty much lost everything else he brings to the team.
His kicking has been erratic this year, he is not as safe under the high ball, and he is not taking the bombs as consistently as he was in the past.

Sad to see, but that's the way it is.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Speed on both sides for mine.

Covell hands are not as good when he is on the right.

My stance is the same it has been for quite some time. Covell to left centre or left right out.

But Ricky signed for another season and continues to talk him up.