What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Taine in for CNK, Bunty for Sirro, that’ll do me.
im a little worried about Metcalf at the moment too. Thought he’s been scrappy and overplaying a bit the last two weeks, might be worth giving Volkmann a run against the Tigers. He’s been going great in reggies

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why has Montoya gone so off the boil? He was great last year, better than DWZ.
He’s getting shit service IMO. That whole side isn’t humming the way DWZ’s is. He’s still good when he takes early carries or comes in looking for work.

sup42

Juniors
Reads a bit like we lost on Friday in here.

No need to panic.

I see we did some experimenting with the bench this time around with Walker and Jazz coming on much later.

Winning teams do that, experiment with their bench configurations because they have the confidence to try things.

Unfortunately you could not tell if it would have worked because we lost the main driver of our ruck speed when the bloke was knocked out and looked like he needed a Defibrillator.

May pay off for the finals making the starters play long minutes and extend their gas tanks a bit.

Ford is a Gumby, I agree with that, but Webster knows what he is on about and if you remember he was the outstanding forward in the opening rounds, so there is hope.

He does do a monster load of work, Egan was like that once, and everyone wanted him dropped, good tackler, crap service, no running game, how wrong that turned out to be.

Jazz used to be rubbish. The Warriors can improve players.

CNK should get the eleven days minimum. That was bad.

I thought we missed Buntys defence and grind at the start, stats be dammed, we are more stable when he does his short soak up the fireworks role.

Montoya will return to form, he works too hard not to. At the Moment Metcalfs service or lack thereof is not helping Montoya's edge.

Again...Metcalf will get better. We have such a good coaching system that we need to stick with these players and play them through their struggles till they are better players frankly.

It is different than when you have an SK sticking stubbornly to the same under performers.

These guys are all trying hard, and they are getting good coaching,. we are in year one, we shouldn't be discarding guys till we are really sure there is a better option.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
Johnson had the team illness the one that looks and sounds like Rona .

Also Johnson has a crying baby at home at all hours of the night.....

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Its not us, it's a Tigers home game, their choice.
Probably got a decent deal from Waikato stadium. I don’t really see Christchurch getting games in the next year or two, clubs will be hanging out to play at Te Kaha stadium once that opens though.

Leber

Bench
Hamilton is a great choice. Lots of Aucklands will make the drive down as it isnt too far away, while all the waikato fans get to go. I'm impressed with the Tigers. They are the only team to do this for us. Hope theres a huge crowd.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hamilton is a great choice. Lots of Aucklands will make the drive down as it isnt too far away, while all the waikato fans get to go. I'm impressed with the Tigers. They are the only team to do this for us. Hope theres a huge crowd.

100% especially with the new highway these days it’s an easy hours drive down to Hamilton from South Aucks now.
Capacity is around 25k right? Should be a sellout.

Leber

Bench
100% especially with the new highway these days it’s an easy hours drive down to Hamilton from South Aucks now.
Capacity is around 25k right? Should be a sellout.
I live in Hobby Point and it's an hour 40 for me. Still not too bad.

I've got my tickets.

sup42

Juniors
model of hwi ===butHamilton is a great choice. Lots of Aucklands will make the drive down as it isnt too far away, while all the waikato fans get to go. I'm impressed with the Tigers. They are the only team to do this for us. Hope theres a huge crowd.
As someone who lived in Huntly I can say with authority that the Waikato deserves NRL games.

I was lucky enough to see Taine Tuaupiki running around looking like Billie Slater in the club comps in the little kids leagues.

Everyone knew he was to good for Waikato kids league comp....and it is ironic that he is built like the Huntly Hurricane.

Huntly Ngaruawahia is grass roots NZ League...the home of multiple stars from a tiny out the back of nowhere NZ club comp....names like Lance Hohaia, Tawera Nikau and Te Maire Martin we all know from the Waikato, but the roots go much deeper than that.

My Great uncle from Huntly played for St George in 1922 and was the first foreigner to play in the NRL. A record no one can ever take away from Huntly and the Waikato. None of you have ever heard of him, but in the Waikato his name is discussed with reverence among the fanatics of the sport to this day.

So yeah Waikato deserve games, They have the rugby league heartland street cred to demand the NRL shows them respect. The Waikato was talking NRL one hundred years ago when the rest of New Zealand had little or no knowledge it existed...even before the legendary
West coast miners of the South Island, the coal Miners of Huntly had a miner playing in the NRL for the second ever season of the new club the St George Dragons.

The thing is, the Warriors are on fire in the Waikato this year and it is timely that a game be taken to the most important Warriors Nursery outside of Auckland...well done Tigers...next time Warriors take a game there eh because the Waikato faithful have been waiting for the Warriors who are only a short bus ride away to respect the neighbors.

Backwater Waikato is league through and through, the Warriors know this yet they treat the Waikato like another suburb of Auckland, why that is I will never understand, I can only put it down to ignorance....like Auckland forgot every man woman and child south of the Bombays is bred to hate them.and therefore as a franchise business calling themselves the NZ Warriors they should be tying to promote the brand hard in the regions starting with the Waikato since working in their nearest region would greatly expand the game of Rugby Leagues in Chiefs country and serve as business model of how to thrive in Union New Zealand.

Last edited: