What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

Meth

Staff member
1- Tauipiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Curran
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Tevaga, Afoa, Ale

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I don't know why we're taking a game to Hamilton, when they're just an hour up SH1 to South Auckland.

It should be in the South Island.

Meth

Staff member
I don't want to overact to a sole bad game from Ford. I just think he's so dumb and I've been keen to see that bench for a while.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Ford is locked in, even though he’s unathletic, unskilled, and an idiot. He’s very fit and very keen and Webster believes that’s enough, and it won’t change.

tbh there’s plenty of self-limiting beliefs that Webster has that keeps us from our full potential, but the same was true when Cleary was coach. I think having a manic obsession for a particular style must be key to being a good coach, even when it means objectively shit players get to play over better players because it suits your specific style.

Rich102

Staff member
Same could be said about Jazz.

And Montoya and Pompey were laughable.

GoSouths

Juniors
Bellamys teams are full of players that had niche roles that worked perfectly for his game plan and then were shit when they moved to another team.

GoSouths

Juniors
you need a player that will do the dirty work. Thats what Ford does. Marata cant stay on the field. Ford doesnt have that issue. Curran not the sharpest tool in the shed either. i dont see where your 1:1 replacement is coming from. Jazz is bench material only. works for this team when him and Walker come on.
I wouldnt be singling Ford out either. Hes been good for the last 2 months and most of the team were shit last night.

Campion

Juniors
Ford ran for 150m and made 36 tackles against the Gold Coast. He makes key tackles as well — excellent decisions and organisation in defence, esp on the goal line. Outstanding player.

morningstar

Juniors
We missed Bunty. Can’t carry both Jazz & Sirro in the 17, so one of them has to make way.

Tuaupiki should be fine against Wests, but if CNK is missing for a while we are going to need another option a at FB.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Bellamys teams are full of players that had niche roles that worked perfectly for his game plan and then were shit when they moved to another team.

100%. My post was maybe a little too strongly worded for what was ultimately praise of Webster lol

I just don’t think Ford is a good footy player, but it’s credit to Webster for having a plan and a specific role he is using him for.

Meth

Staff member
We missed Bunty. Can’t carry both Jazz & Sirro in the 17, so one of them has to make way.

Tuaupiki should be fine against Wests, but if CNK is missing for a while we are going to need another option a at FB.

why?

who?

morningstar

Juniors
why?

who?

Think we missed a bigger body in the middle in the first 20 mins. Barnett is a small prop and think he is better off the bench or starting 2nd row and moving in later in the game.

3rd concussion for CNK this year according to NRL physio. His work at the back is a big reason for our improvement this year and I don’t think Taine can replicate what he does. TMM? Bring in Volkman and push Metcalf back to FB? Like I said think we need to look at our options.

This isn’t a shot at Taine, i think he is a great little player and he performed well in difficult circumstances last night.

Meth

Staff member
Think we missed a bigger body in the middle in the first 20 mins. Barnett is a small prop and think he is better off the bench or starting 2nd row and moving in later in the game.

3rd concussion for CNK this year according to NRL physio. His work at the back is a big reason for our improvement this year and I don’t think Taine can replicate what he does. TMM? Bring in Volkman and push Metcalf back to FB? Like I said think we need to look at our options.

This isn’t a shot at Taine, i think he is a great little player and he performed well in difficult circumstances last night.

Our options are Taine in, straight swap. Or DWZ shifts to fullback. Or Berry.

Izz

Bench
Defo need an actual prop on the bench. And I'd still pick Siro over Jazz for the last bench spot lol

Latest posts