What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Panthers

strider

Post Whore
i have zero problem with the segyaro tackle - he actually had his arm out, not to usual cocked shoulder charge

cartright's was definitely a shoulder charge and probably should have been penalised no more

and there was a late swinging arm on semi after he passed to reece for the first try which nothing came of - again nothing major

as for pauli pauli ... I may be the only parra supporter to say it but he deserves a week or 2 ... it was a lame late shot

as for pauli pauli ... I may be the only parra supporter to say it but he deserves a week or 2 ... it was a lame late shot

He deserves exactly what Beau Scott got. A Grade 1 dangerous contact charge. Scott did not 'get off' as many have said. He pleaded guilty to a Grade 1 and avoided suspension.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon it's probably too much bad meth they found on struggle street.

All I've heard from them is, "If Coward didn't get hurt..." and, "The refs won them the game!"

It's like they totally ignore that part in the second half where the refs penalised us for them dropping the ball - which, coincidentally, got them back into the contest.

Not to mention the ref was the ONLY bloke who thought Blake scored that try in the first half. He was trying to award an obvious no try.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
efvgwrf.png

oldmancraigy

Coach
I dont mind if Pauli gets suspended. But if Billy doesnt get cited for 2 worse incidents????

Write to the NRL and point out the media circus driving their gane.

jono

Juniors
There was no penalty. There is a case for the eight point try rule to be extended to foul play occurring during the try scoring play. Pauli under the circumstances really should have got 10 in the bin.

Something is wrong when you can take out the opposition's playmaker illegally, causing him to go off injured, and escape utterly scot-free.

Soward came back on after being strapped and needled but was out of sorts and is now looking at 3-4 weeks with a damaged AC joint.

I'd like to see Pauli Pauli charged with dangerous contact, on the grounds it was an illegal hit it and caused injury, but it probably won't happen.
Oh PLEASE! When David Gillespie cleaned up Peter Sterling in 1992 it was late but not illegal, it was accidental and it was probably avoidable in today's terms but it happened, and we lost the best player of a generation FOR GOOD! and really haven't recovered ever since. Did Cement cop anything at ALL? NADA , not even a peep. And did Sterlo ever consider Cement ended his career? No way.

Incorrect

Coach
All I've heard from them is, "If Coward didn't get hurt..." and, "The refs won them the game!"

It's like they totally ignore that part in the second half where the refs penalised us for them dropping the ball - which, coincidentally, got them back into the contest.

Not to mention the ref was the ONLY bloke who thought Blake scored that try in the first half. He was trying to award an obvious no try.

The thing about the on-field ref ruling the Blake one a Try, I think, but could easily be mistaken, is that I think the ref was of the opinion the ball was stripped/played at by an Eel and that when it came loose it was play on and Blake may have grounded it in the in goal after it came loose. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Kornstar

Coach
i have zero problem with the segyaro tackle - he actually had his arm out, not to usual cocked shoulder charge

cartright's was definitely a shoulder charge and probably should have been penalised no more

and there was a late swinging arm on semi after he passed to reece for the first try which nothing came of - again nothing major

He deserves exactly what Beau Scott got. A Grade 1 dangerous contact charge. Scott did not 'get off' as many have said. He pleaded guilty to a Grade 1 and avoided suspension.

Really though? When you watch it at normal speed i swear it would have been hard for him to pull out. Sure it was late but only marginally and not a high shot or anything.

I would cop a grade one i guess but i don't think he should miss any time. If he was half a second earlier then it is a legit tackle and Soward is still down injured.

We f**king whinge so much about not having enforcers and then as soon as one of our players shows some aggression (the player in question has been criticised for maybe not being able to be aggressive) and the second they try we lambast the f**k out of them.......

I want him to keep doing it, sometimes he'll slightly miss time and others he will get the result we want, you have to start somewhere.

Also i find it amazing that they carried on about Soward but Semi was hit as late, if not later for the Robinson try, he stayed down and no-one gave a f**king shit! Why is that???????

Eelementary

Post Whore
The thing about the on-field ref ruling the Blake one a Try, I think, but could easily be mistaken, is that I think the ref was of the opinion the ball was stripped/played at by an Eel and that when it came loose it was play on and Blake may have grounded it in the in goal after it came loose. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Maybe - but then the rules say it constitutes a knock-on. No way Blake would have scored in any scenario (nor Simmons).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Really though? When you watch it at normal speed i swear it would have been hard for him to pull out. Sure it was late but only marginally and not a high shot or anything.

I would cop a grade one i guess but i don't think he should miss any time. If he was half a second earlier then it is a legit tackle and Soward is still down injured.

We f**king whinge so much about not having enforcers and then as soon as one of our players shows some aggression (the player in question has been criticised for maybe not being able to be aggressive) and the second they try we lambast the f**k out of them.......

I want him to keep doing it, sometimes he'll slightly miss time and others he will get the result we want, you have to start somewhere.

Also i find it amazing that they carried on about Soward but Semi was hit as late, if not later for the Robinson try, he stayed down and no-one gave a f**king shit! Why is that???????

I agree 100%.

We f**king whing

Agreed that Pauli couldn't miss Soward completely (obviously you can't disappear). He could have done lot more to lessen the 'danger' caused by the impact. He doesn't decelerate at all, if anything he accelerates, and and leans into the hit. And he doesn't attempt to use his arms either. It's not a good tackle.....not a terrible one, but pretty stupid.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Agreed that Pauli couldn't miss Soward completely (obviously you can't disappear). He could have done lot more to lessen the 'danger' caused by the impact. He doesn't decelerate at all, if anything he accelerates, and and leans into the hit. And he doesn't attempt to use his arms either. It's not a good tackle.....not a terrible one, but pretty stupid.

Do you think it was exacerbated by the fact Pauli is a monster and Soward is tiny? Say if he had hit Cartwright just as hard would it have looked anywhere near as bad?

Do you think it was exacerbated by the fact Pauli is a monster and Soward is tiny? Say if he had hit Cartwright just as hard would it have looked anywhere near as bad?

Quite possibly, but doesn't change the fact that he hit him quite late and didn't do anything (to my eyes) to pull out. Do you reckon he tried to use his arms? Or to ease up in any way?

Maybe - but then the rules say it constitutes a knock-on. No way Blake would have scored in any scenario (nor Simmons).

Not sure that's quite right mate. If they think there was a deliberate strip, and it wasn't a loose carry etc / attempt to pass etc, it may not be a knock on by the attacking player, and therefore the bloke touching it down could conceivably score.

Kornstar

Coach
Quite possibly, but doesn't change the fact that he hit him quite late and didn't do anything (to my eyes) to pull out. Do you reckon he tried to use his arms? Or to ease up in any way?

At the game i didn't even really see it so it wasn't until the replay yesterday morning and then the pre game show where Anasta, Gasnier and Shirvington were talking about it and showing it and when they showed the high shot at normal speed i just think he had already committed and it wasn't as late as they were making out.

Anyone complaining about it kept complaining from the footage they were looking at which was slow motion replays.

I will concede that he did nothing to pull out at all but i'm also not sure he was really looking directly at him once he committed to the tackle. He was on a mission to smash him and he did.

I think the hit on Semi was worse to be honest.......but he is huge so it's ok to hit him it appears.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Wonder if the Frog or any of the Channel 9 crew think that BJ Leilua should be made an example of? He just hit Bodene Thompson before he got the ball and it was obvious that he had intent of hitting him hard. The only difference between the two is that Pauli tackles Soward half a second after he releases the ball and Leilua tackles Thompson half a second before he gets the ball. Or are they going to ignore it because Thompson isn't a media darling like sowie is?

Chipmunk

Coach
Has anyone got a link to these two Beau Scott shots on Thurston from earlier in the year. I'd like to make a comparison before I offer an opinion on the Pauli tackle.

Just search for Beau Scott Thurston tackle, you'll find heaps. Houston is the bloke who should have got suspended in my opinion. He actually lifted.

Latest posts