What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Parra Pride

Referee
BTW Parra Pete, there was a 2007 Eels game on Foxtel today. Tim Smith was playing halfback. And he was gooood.

It was so weird watching an Eels team and remembering that we used to have a competitive team and everybody just took it for granted.

So Paulo is playing 5/8 this week? I wish it was 2007 again :-(

I wish it was 2005, mixed with a dash of 2009.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmm.. Smith and Morris in the halves or Robson and Mortimer?

Sandow has more talent than all of them put together. Wait til Norman joins him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm confused by everyone saying worst team named in living memory.

I'm thinking it compares fairly favourably with our team last season after Hayne's injury. There'd be a struck match in it as to which team was worse.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I just wish some people on this forum would chill the f**k out
Granted, Its a f**ken shit team no doubt and as Ricky said that its gonna be a long hard road.

Ricky last week copped some much crap over releasing 12 players these players are deadwood! Apart from the Canterbury four when has the Bulldogs ever released good players to us? Ben Roberts is a NSW Cup player at best even that halfback we had in 2006 Jeremy Smith was it? Was a better player.

I cant people people arent excited about Hoppa coming here next year, This guy is talent plus plus, behind a powerful forward pack and lots of ball he will shread sides to pieces, On top of that we have Hayne, Morgan, Norman and Sandow.

We have added some much needed mongreal with these two pommy signings as well, You wonder why players like Sandow are stuggling? even Andrew Johns would stuggle behind this foward pack and as for nearly signing Izzy? right yeah i doubt he would of made much of a difference this year.

so just calm down and stop worrying about your flash jackets Next year will be so much better....In Ricky i trust.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who had a whinge about Stuart letting go 12 players???

A few people on here had a problem with the way it was done but most of us agreed it was long overdue.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Who had a whinge about Stuart letting go 12 players???

A few people on here had a problem with the way it was done but most of us agreed it was long overdue.

Fair enough my mistake.
It just seemed he was copping in the media but yeah i suppose they love running us down.

I'm thinking it compares fairly favourably with our team last season after Hayne's injury. There'd be a struck match in it as to which team was worse.

No "worst team ever" could leave Ben Roberts out of its starting line up, so there is still scope for this team to get worse yet.

We had some truly awful lineups in the early 90s. I'm thinking the game where we lost by 60 to Canberra at Bruce Stadium....I think Dean Sampson player (might have his debut).

DeanPay98

Juniors
Ricky has made the right decision on most of the 12 players and he's also doing well in recruitment. Its likely that we'll be back to being competitive again next year. In the interim though its just frustrating to watch our team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I probably shouldve looked at who posted the comment before commenting myself.

My mother has always said that Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...
Without Sarcasm what would ME have left??? Says a lot about me, I enjoy a lot of what he posts.

forward pass

Coach
We had some truly awful lineups in the early 90s. I'm thinking the game where we lost by 60 to Canberra at Bruce Stadium....I think Dean Sampson player (might have his debut).

68 I think you'll find !!!!

In fact if memory serves me correct - didn't one Ricky Stuart break his leg in that game meaning he missed the finals !!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember that game. I was at Campbelltown watching the Bunnies vs the Magpies. They would give score updates every five minutes and the result from Bruce Stadium just got worse and worse.

Then on the news that night it came out that Sticky had broken his leg and Canberra were no longer premiership favourites. Trevor Schodel from reserve grade was a decent halfback but far too different a player to Ricky Stuart and Canberra's attack were never the same for the rest of the season.

forward pass

Coach
I remember that game. I was at Campbelltown watching the Bunnies vs the Magpies. They would give score updates every five minutes and the result from Bruce Stadium just got worse and worse.

Could have been worse - you could have driven down to that freezing hellhole and watched the thing !

Latest posts