What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Could have been worse - you could have driven down to that freezing hellhole and watched the thing !

I was at the game (I lived over the hill....so wasn't a great effort). Wasn't one of my more enjoyable experiences. I think my previous attendance at an Eels game was in 1988 when we led Manly 12-0 or 12-6, then they put 60 (64) on us. Remember seeing a young Geoff Toovey playing reserves....couldn't stop laughing at the size of the merkin.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I remember that game. I was at Campbelltown watching the Bunnies vs the Magpies. They would give score updates every five minutes and the result from Bruce Stadium just got worse and worse.

Then on the news that night it came out that Sticky had broken his leg and Canberra were no longer premiership favourites. Trevor Schodel from reserve grade was a decent halfback but far too different a player to Ricky Stuart and Canberra's attack were never the same for the rest of the season.

That's quite the conspiracy theory you're cooking up there Pou?

Suggesting that Ricky only came to Parra in order to proverbially break the clubs leg as an act of Revenge (tm).

Would make for an interesting TV show I guess?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Suggesting that Ricky only came to Parra in order to proverbially break the clubs leg as an act of Revenge (tm).

....He's back at Parra Stadium and this time it's personal...

barney gumble

Juniors
Quite a few of 'the 12' in that line-up.

Mixed emotions with regards to how well they play. Probably more pissed off if they all play well, their arses are on the line, this is no doubt more motivation than wearing an Eels jersey for them.

Bookies have the Sharks at around the $1.12 mark. I doubt the sharks have ever been that short.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Funnily enough I used to hate him as a player, and even moreso when he coached the Chooks.

Now I hope he's in charge for our next premiership win. Crazy.

Mixed emotions with regards to how well they play. Probably more pissed off if they all play well, their arses are on the line, this is no doubt more motivation than wearing an Eels jersey for them.

Bookies have the Sharks at around the $1.12 mark. I doubt the sharks have ever been that short.

Tempting to back the Eels and hope they are still in the game at 1/2 time, then back the Sharks

thats the trouble with this team too many mercenaries who play like immortals when they are chasing a contract then put their feet up when they get it

parra pete

Referee
BTW Parra Pete, there was a 2007 Eels game on Foxtel today. Tim Smith was playing halfback. And he was gooood.

It was so weird watching an Eels team and remembering that we used to have a competitive team and everybody just took it for granted.

So Paulo is playing 5/8 this week? I wish it was 2007 again :-(

Was it the preliminary final V North Queensland? Had a blinder in that!!!! ;-)