What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Tigers

AliN

Live Update Team
yes hopefully Kev will grab his chance and make the most of it.
Gotta feel for Fish, but he'll be back.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah, he's got concussion apparently. Strange that it took them the best part of a week to realise that :roll:
They knew and were hoping it'd come right in time - apparently it didn't. Nothing sinister :cool:

Skinner

Coach
They knew and were hoping it'd come right in time - apparently it didn't. Nothing sinister :cool:

In every other RL comp I have been involved in, concussion is a mandatory week stand down, with a doctors note required before taking the field again.

Apparently NRL players can handle their brains being bashed and bruised against their skulls.

Dodgy as.....

hitman82

Bench
Skinner... Pretty dodgy yeah but $$$ drive the game. They want the names on the field.

And my bad, I wasn't sure if that was "conspiracy theory smiley" or "sarcasm smiley" in this particular instance haha

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think they do those tests on them and they can tell if they have recovered sufficiently rather then just a stand down for a period of time.

JoeD

First Grade
Every other comp probably don't do the base line tests or have team doctors that can do a diagnosis rather than a blanket standdown period. 1 week is probably too short for a lot of concussions and too much for mild ones.

hitman82

Bench
Haha, I said Inu would be great depth. Hopefully he will prove me right, and not be a f*cktard.

devoid

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing Inu play this week. Does anyone hold much hope of us winning this one?

hitman82

Bench
Well last night I dreamt that we lost. However I was suffering the effects of Irish penis*, which depresses the best of us.
SO all in all, I expect us to win.

In a way, Locke and Inu playing gives me more hope - this is the chance for both of them to snap a spot in the team. I expect blinders from them both - and they certainly have the talent.

hitman82

Bench
...http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4780335/Kevin-Locke-a-late-starter-for-Warriors
Kevin Locke wants to make the most of his unexpected inclusion in the Warriors side to play the Tigers on Saturday, saying he's desperate to improve on "an average year" in 2010.
Locke takes over on the right wing after rookie Glen Fisiiahi failed concussion tests after copping a blow from Eels giant prop Fuifui Moimoi in last weekend's loss to Parramatta at Eden Park.
Warriors coach Ivan Cleary announced the late change today and Locke, who had a strong preseason, says he's ready to go.
"Last year I was feeling nervous but not as nervous as this. It's like making another debut," Locke said, admitting the depth in the wing position has him on edge.
He's bulked up by 3kg in the offseason and says he's now feeling comfortable with the added weight.
He wants to regain some consistency in his game after a hit-and-miss campaign last year as he took his NRL tally to 29 matches.
"Last year wasn't good ... a pretty average year. I want to turn that around and certainly prove a point," he said.
Cleary is backing Locke to step up: "Kevin's arguably had the best couple of months he's had since I've been here," he had observed. "He's probably a little unlucky he didn't make the first team. I think he's in good form."
It's a big assignment in Sydney though where he will mark Lote Tuqiri and joked that he "might just have to go for the knees", a not so subtle reference to the way Manu Vatuvei was lowered and injured by a Parramatta tackle last weekend.
"I don't think my head's too strong but we'll see how it goes."
Meanwhile, Fisiiahi will use his week off to look at ways to bounce back from his disappointing debut where his deficiencies under the high ball were exposed by Jarryd Hayne's powerful boot.
"You can have all the excuses in the world but it comes down to desperation and how much you want that ball. We just didn't have it," Fisiiahi said, making no excuses.
"I had a talk with Ivan during the week and he said they would target me. I was prepared for that but during the game I couldn't catch them," he regretted.
"It's not the way I wanted to play the first game. There were some good parts and bad parts. I guess I just had one of those nights."

Izz

Bench
Does anybody actually know how the Fish got concussed? The Herald says it was MacGuire, Stuff is saying it was Moimoi...

And hell, i bulk up by 3kgs after a big meal. :D

Micistm

Bench
Looking forward to seeing Inu play this week. Does anyone hold much hope of us winning this one?

Yep. I'm always optimistic, any team can beat any other on the day. And the Tigers are Jeckyl Hyde as much as we are!
That said I'm a crazy Dickhead who expects us to win regardless how bad the odds are. And when the odds are bad, that's my incentive to put a lazy ten on!:lol:
TBH, I wouldn't be overly surprised with a win or loss this week

Micistm

Bench
Does anybody actually know how the Fish got concussed? The Herald says it was MacGuire, Stuff is saying it was Moimoi...
:D

I think he said something to Benji outside Maccas when they met up...
Sorry, too soon?:?

Latest posts