What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

Noise

Coach
Finally we had some good fifth tackle ends and structure due to kelly. It looked like everyone was on the same page with our halfback. Something we have lacked for the past 8 rounds.

Semi had a shocker and cost this game. Kelly did his job and did it well. Anyone asking for sandow back has no idea, are so f**king arrogant and dopey that their manlove for sandow if overshadowing thier judgement.

We looked better becasue Seff Paulo wasn't stiffling the play. I would love to have seen Sandow given the same opportunity as Kelly. ie. play in the 7 without running off Paulo.

yy_cheng

Coach
We looked better becasue Seff Paulo wasn't stiffling the play. I would love to have seen Sandow given the same opportunity as Kelly. ie. play in the 7 without running off Paulo.

Not only that, the pack in the second half was actually dominating

Parra47

Juniors
Kelly was not great but not bad.Moved ball ok and put up some ripper bombs.Also kicked the filed goal to level game.

Semi - bombed two tries that morgan scores.
-Picks up a ball in golden point that was going dead for 7 tackles.
-Drops a bomb
-Knockn on from dummy half
-drops ball from taka in golden point
-Poor body positioning to get dragged into ingoal when 5 mtrs out and line drop out
-Pick up a loose ball only too put his foot on sideline before running 50mtrs.

I have said it before - Guys like semi have poor awareness. They can do the spectacular run but make basic errors. He is allowed a poor game now and than but on another day we win by 18.

Athlete without football vision, smarts. But easily one of the much better ones.

Considering we had most of the ball in the second half, you have to ask the question what the other f#$kers were doing all game.

I'm in Perth and probably won't see the game til I get back, so can only imagine what happened. but I can't remember too many players making 66 tackles in a match, I think Hindy made 70 something once.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Kelly was not great but not bad.Moved ball ok and put up some ripper bombs.Also kicked the filed goal to level game.

Semi - bombed two tries that morgan scores.
-Picks up a ball in golden point that was going dead for 7 tackles.
-Drops a bomb
-Knockn on from dummy half
-drops ball from taka in golden point
-Poor body positioning to get dragged into ingoal when 5 mtrs out and line drop out
-Pick up a loose ball only too put his foot on sideline before running 50mtrs.

I have said it before - Guys like semi have poor awareness. They can do the spectacular run but make basic errors. He is allowed a poor game now and than but on another day we win by 18.

At this NRL level, Semi is not used to coming back from a long lay off injury and nailing it straight away. He will be back to his best over the next two games. He will have learnt lots about what it is going to take to not repeat such a lapse of form next time injury rules him out long-term. His 80 minute fitness is still behind and is why his timing is out and why he is making simple mistakes. Expect to see a huge improvement against the Rabbits next Friday night.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Would've liked to have seen what Sandow could have done with that. But no, Arthur had to make a statement.

He would've needed to do something because we would have been down 26-0 at the break.

Dont cry for Sandow to return. Ok, so maybe he would have had his 1 good game in 5? I wouldn't pick him in firsts again ever. Find a solution elsewhere, Kelly is crap, but at least he will try.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm in Perth and probably won't see the game til I get back, so can only imagine what happened. but I can't remember too many players making 66 tackles in a match, I think Hindy made 70 something once.

Michael Luck made something ridiculous as well once, but I'm guessing both Hindy and Lucks performances were in well beaten teams, where the opposition had plenty of ball. Over the whole 80 mins we probably had most of the possession.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
BA said in the press conference Robinson has a quad issue and cant kick, which is why Kelly kicked today.

also confirmed Sandow will play for wenty again next week

IDG gone

BA is not an assholes coach he is a stubborn prick who wants to justify his decision of dropping Sandow regardless of ramifications on his useless team, don't like him as a coach, no pedigree .....

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Problem is with Hayne and Foran you would end up with a $hit pack again cause of the salary cap.
Only the Roosters IMO can afford hayne and strong halves and a strong pack.
If we can get Hayne and fit him in the team im all for it.

This salary cap has been a wonderful success, hasn't it? :roll:

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Finally we had some good fifth tackle ends and structure due to kelly. It looked like everyone was on the same page with our halfback. Something we have lacked for the past 8 rounds.

Semi had a shocker and cost this game. Kelly did his job and did it well. Anyone asking for sandow back has no idea, are so f**king arrogant and dopey that their manlove for sandow if overshadowing thier judgement.

Please.....Kelly looked like he was shitting himself the whole game especially when lining up the kicks, and his general play was boring and predictable hence our loss, Sandow would have run them ragged.

Ps
Wenty had their biggest win without this amateur.

Noise

Coach
Luke Kelly ran the ball twice. Twice! f**k me dead what a cat. Has a first grade player ever missed more conversions than times he got tackled with the ball?

yy_cheng

Coach
Besides probably watmough, our pack couldnt be too expensive

13.watmough

12. Mau
11. Moereoa
10. Mannah
9. Peats
8 Wick

14. IDG
15 Pauli
16 Faaoso
17 Peni
18. Gower
19. Seph

Really if they can perform week in week out like our 2nd half, this pack would be cheap

Who would be on alot here?

He would've needed to do something because we would have been down 26-0 at the break.

Dont cry for Sandow to return. Ok, so maybe he would have had his 1 good game in 5? I wouldn't pick him in firsts again ever. Find a solution elsewhere, Kelly is crap, but at least he will try.

C'mon, down 26-0 at the break? Only if every single tackle Sandow attempts and misses ends in a try. And if that happened we're screwed anyway. People like to point to his missed tackle stats, but what they don't point out is that he's very often the first guy chasing down the kicks. When he 'misses' the tackle in that situation he has at the least made the attacker run sideways, and it's not costly to us. And one good game in five? Dally M is severely flawed but you still don't make the top 10 by playing one good game in five.

But I agree, if Sandow is not the answer then find a solution elsewhere. But Kelly it ain't, and playing him today was not a good decision.