What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

Parra47

Juniors
Its a shame Henry is out, I'd rather see what he can do paired up with Norman. We already know what Kelly can do.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
All Kelly has to do is feed the guys outside him some good ball and kick us out of trouble. Nothing more.

I know he is no superstar and never will be but hopefully he carry out a basic job without trying to set the world on fire.

I know your joking, right....

He struggles to pass the ball to a player outside him.... If they can keep the ball out of his hands I think that might help.

Bigfella

Coach
To be completely fair to kelly, he has shown more composure lately.

Of course that is a different level than nrl.

And he still makes his share of f**k ups.

But what else can the coach do?

You can't keep tolerating brain fades and missed tackles.

The promising blokes in Wenty are said to be there because of defensive liabilities.

You can't keep saying that whe blokes play ones every week and miss ten tackles each game.

The Colonel

Immortal
To be completely fair to kelly, he has shown more composure lately.

Of course that is a different level than nrl.

And he still makes his share of f**k ups.

But what else can the coach do?

You can't keep tolerating brain fades and missed tackles.

The promising blokes in Wenty are said to be there because of defensive liabilities.

You can't keep saying that whe blokes play ones every week and miss ten tackles each game.

I must have missed that game?

Sandow does struggle defensively. But at least he offers a kicking and passing game. Erratic definitely but more than Kelly.

Kelly, and I thought he would have been a good pick up originally and would have preferred him to Sandow originally, has neither. Maybe a bit critical but we must have seriously been off our trees in keeping him or couldn't sign anyone remotely more capable.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee, Arthur can't do much right, plenty have been calling for changes to side especially dropping Paulo - well he has donr exactly that dropped Paulo and made some changes. Let's just see how we go, rather then complaining.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Sandow does struggle defensively. But at least he offers a kicking and passing game. Erratic definitely but more than Kelly.

Kelly, and I thought he would have been a good pick up originally and would have preferred him to Sandow originally, has neither. Maybe a bit critical but we must have seriously been off our trees in keeping him or couldn't sign anyone remotely more capable.

Pretty hard to sign a decent half back to keep them in reserves - not many sides have NRL quality halfbacks play nsw cup and if they did they are probably wasting cap space on them.

Also remember we do have both half backs from last years under 20's test.

The Colonel

Immortal
Gee, Arthur can't do much right, plenty have been calling for changes to side especially dropping Paulo - well he has donr exactly that dropped Paulo and made some changes. Let's just see how we go, rather then complaining.

He has made some changes, much needed changes. I don't think he had much choice than to pick Kelly but we unfortunately know what we get with Kelly. Hopefully this is the kick that Sandow needs or it's the first step in a complete change in our back up halves for next season.

The Colonel

Immortal
Pretty hard to sign a decent half back to keep them in reserves - not many sides have NRL quality halfbacks play nsw cup and if they did they are probably wasting cap space on them.

Also remember we do have both half backs from last years under 20's test.

I know it's not easy. It's possible. But not easy....

IFR33K

Coach
He has made some changes, much needed changes. I don't think he had much choice than to pick Kelly but we unfortunately know what we get with Kelly. Hopefully this is the kick that Sandow needs or it's the first step in a complete change in our back up halves for next season.

Regardless, I think it's a positive move by BA. I'm no fan of Kelly, but happy for him to get his recall. Hopefully any talks with Sandow have come to a sudden halt.

Bigfella

Coach

Mate that's where we are at.

We are a very weak club, and poorly run and managed.

The people competing to take control of the joint are unskilled, unqualified, and appear to be quite dishonest.

Our performances in recent years have been exaggerated by possibly the most gifted player we have ever had, in a field of absolute all time champions.

But you can't just keep rewarding mediocrity.

Sandow deserved to be dropped.

Some sort of standards have to be maintained.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mate that's where we are at.

We are a very weak club, and poorly run and managed.

The people competing to take control of the joint are unskilled, unqualified, and appear to be quite dishonest.

Our performances in recent years have been exaggerated by possibly the most gifted player we have ever had, in a field of absolute all time champions.

But you can't just keep rewarding mediocrity.

Sandow deserved to be dropped.

Some sort of standards have to be maintained.

The replacements need to show some sort of form though.

I don't doubt Sandow deserved to be dropped. I will be interested to see where we go from here and it just doesn't look promising at all....

Unless Kelly is a smokescreen and we will promote Clay or Matterson... I suppose one could hope. (Neither players form warrants it but at least they might be here next year).

bartman

Immortal
Something needed to change.

Sure, Kelly hasn't set the world on fire or come on like we may have hoped. But he might be capable of playing a "Robson" role alongside Norman's "Morts", with Sandow and Seffa out of the picture and not clogging up the play?

It all comes down to whether our forwards can go forward, and do so consistently through the 80 mins. Another reason to be happy Seffa is demoted from the bench and we finally go into a match with three traditional forwards in reserve rather than two.

Worth giving Kelly a go until Sandow's next contract (elsewhere?) is sorted, and then we can see whether Chris is committed enough to get in form that demands a recall to first grade. If not, then Matterson may as well have a taste of first grade later in the season, after Kelly's had his turn.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sandow gone. Paulo gone. Pauli in. Moeroa in. Those 4 changes alone should improve the defence and offer far more in attack given size has been an issue. Lets face it, our last tackle options have been crap all year. Surely this combination cant be any worse.
BAs move to include Morgan, in my mind, was long overdue. And worked very well. BA could well be on a winner here.
I like this team. Jnr Paulo will come back next week. I think its the best BA could do this week. Lets not forget NSW Cup and 20s are not throwing up too many options.
Lets get behind them fellas. I have a warm feeling we might just snag a win. That said I may have only pee'd myxelf.

Latest posts