What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seriously I still can't get over Kelly in the team.
I'm trying really hard to be positive about it, but the guy has done nothing all year at Wenty. How's he going to step up to first grade and change anything?

Yes Paulo is gone, but I thought that would have been a better reason to keep Sandow for another week at least.

But jeez, as every week I will be at the game and supporting the boys!
Whinger ;-)

Don't you feel better coming over to the dark side??? :). It gets easier from here.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep, good on Timmy for holding down a job without needing someone to monitor a curfew - no matter that he's apparently not performing the job particuarly well.

#oversensitive
Baz is spot on, you are a bellend if the highest order.

Swiftstylez

Bench
We've traded them to Souths for Joel Reddy and Darryl Millard. To be announced next Wednesday

I'd rather have Reddy in the halves than Luke Kelly, and a guy that missed selection for Souths (for this first time this year, still 18th man this week) is a better defender than any player in our starting backline. I hope this was serious to be honest.

Last edited:

zipzip man

Juniors
So where the f**k is the 150 game halfback? Watch the top halfbacks, they will push merkins out if the way if they have to. Sandow is the halfback. He refuses to take charge.

Because he is obviously not part of that play.
Sandow doesn't play the structure Norman does, and it is visible to me and anyone else, that Norman is to get the ball on the last tackle at all times when we are within Try range, and we get nothing out of it. Sandow usually gets the clearing kicks because if you ask me he is one of the best at it, how many times do you see a Sandow clearing kick get caught on the full by either the winger or fullback?

I'd also love a stat of how many times we've completed a set when we are within the opposition red zone.

If you think that Sandow is the only reason we are going no good then you are the melodramatic imbecile, and you should give yourself 30 uppercuts! One from yourself and 29 from me, because you're a re-tread who doesn't know the game and just repeat what the other 45% of idiots who death ride Sandow are saying.

Have a look at the real issues within our side, and you'll see how much we miss Chrissy and what he brings to our squad in after this weekend.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow. So much irrational desire to see Sandow in the team.

He is completely awful. Last week he handed Melbourne 2 tries on a plate - got the ball off the Melb scrum 10m out, and did the most obvious double movement in rugby league history, penalty set = try.
Then a few minutes later, he gives away another penalty, penalty set = try.

That took the score from 10-10 to 22-10. I woulda dropped him for that crap if I was coach. Then his lack of discipline and patience (ie, the ridiculous kick on the 3rd in the 1st half, the hospital passes to his block runners, trying to force a try of every friggin play).
He needs to do what he is told, or not play firsts. Dropping him was the right message.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Sandow doesn't play the structure Norman does, and it is visible to me and anyone else, that Norman is to get the ball on the last tackle at all times when we are within Try range, and we get nothing out of it. Sandow usually gets the clearing kicks because if you ask me he is one of the best at it, how many times do you see a Sandow clearing kick get caught on the full by either the winger or fullback?

I'd also love a stat of how many times we've completed a set when we are within the opposition red zone.

If you think that Sandow is the only reason we are going no good then you are the melodramatic imbecile, and you should give yourself 30 uppercuts! One from yourself and 29 from me, because you're a re-tread who doesn't know the game and just repeat what the other 45% of idiots who death ride Sandow are saying.

Have a look at the real issues within our side, and you'll see how much we miss Chrissy and what he brings to our squad in after this weekend.

289wyl1.jpg

He is completely awful. Last week he handed Melbourne 2 tries on a plate - got the ball off the Melb scrum 10m out, and did the most obvious double movement in rugby league history, penalty set = try.
Then a few minutes later, he gives away another penalty, penalty set = try.

Just ignore he was involved in 2 of our tries, almost put Semi over and the only games we have won this year he has had to play out of skin e.g like Hayne had to with any games we won to carry this plod. Also read the above post.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach

We don't complete a set because the halfback throws a hospital pass, kicks early, or drops it. OR if we somehow manage to get to the last tackle, he runs the ball instead of kicking it.

There is a very good reason he is playing reserves this week. He has been atrocious this season.

Swiftstylez

Bench
We don't complete a set because the halfback throws a hospital pass, kicks early, or drops it. OR if we somehow manage to get to the last tackle, he runs the ball instead of kicking it.

There is a very good reason he is playing reserves this week. He has been atrocious this season.

"Are you related to chicken little?"

oldmancraigy

Coach
Seriously I still can't get over Kelly in the team.
I'm trying really hard to be positive about it, but the guy has done nothing all year at Wenty. How's he going to step up to first grade and change anything?

Yes Paulo is gone, but I thought that would have been a better reason to keep Sandow for another week at least.

But jeez, as every week I will be at the game and supporting the boys!

If Kelly does nothing for us on the weekend, then we have improved. Sandow has been a net negative for sure and certain. Might put on some points, but costs us far more, and ruins many attacking raids with impatience.

All Kelly needs to do is tackle, and give the ball to Norman. We might score a few less, but Konrad Hurrell won't be using Sandow as his personal speed bump all game.

zipzip man

Juniors

WOW mate you really need help.... Sandow throws a hospital pass? You looking at the Number 7 or Seffa's number??

oldmancraigy

Coach
289wyl1.jpg

Just ignore he was involved in 2 of our tries, almost put Semi over and the only games we have won this year he has had to play out of skin e.g like Hayne had to with any games we won to carry this plod. Also read the above post.

He didn't almost put Semi over, he kicked the ball away on the 3rd tackle.... had he run the ball himself, and been tackled, we were queuing up.

So he put on 2 tries, directly gave 2 away through stupid penalties, and another through poor defence. Dropped the ball a couple of times, and threw a couple of hospital passes to our forwards so that they couldn't compete. Sure, he isn't the ONLY reason we have been losing footy games, but to suggest he shouldn't be dropped is insanity!!

Swiftstylez

Bench
Norman is very athletic, sure, but the combination of Kelly and Norman is going to be the most laughable watch of all time. Where are the points going to come from in our team besides from giving the ball to Semi and hoping for the best? How do we win even if the defending isn't atrocious like most games in the last few years? It's going to be diabolical watching this combination without Hayne.

oldmancraigy

Coach
WOW mate you really need help.... Sandow throws a hospital pass? You looking at the Number 7 or Seffa's number??

Did he not throw it at Terepo's knees while Terepo was about to be tackled? But we'll blame Terepo for his poor hands.

Our team did that multiple times on the weekend didn't they? Yes, Js Paulo was guilty, but Sandow wasn't innocent

zipzip man

Juniors
He didn't almost put Semi over, he kicked the ball away on the 3rd tackle.... had he run the ball himself, and been tackled, we were queuing up.

So he put on 2 tries, directly gave 2 away through stupid penalties, and another through poor defence. Dropped the ball a couple of times, and threw a couple of hospital passes to our forwards so that they couldn't compete. Sure, he isn't the ONLY reason we have been losing footy games, but to suggest he shouldn't be dropped is insanity!!

lol... now he is not allowed to take the wrong option in a game.

I guess he's the only one to ever do it too

EelsFan05

Bench
If Sandow is so good, or even decent, why aren't clubs looking to sign him. Manly have lost two international halves. Have absolutely no replacements and still haven't thought to offer him a contact. This says to me that everyone in league coaching circles have the same thoughts as most of us here, bar the delusional few.

Look Sandow has some redeeming features to his game. But, the horribly downsides (defense, brain explosions, up and down fitness ) coupled with the off field stuff makes him an all round nightmare.

Swiftstylez

Bench
If Sandow is so good, or even decent, why aren't clubs looking to sign him. Manly have lost two international halves. Have absolutely no replacements and still haven't thought to offer him a contact. This says to me that everyone in league coaching circles have the same thoughts as most of us here, bar the delusional few.

Look Sandow has some redeeming features to his game. But, the horribly downsides (defense, brain explosions, up and down fitness ) coupled with the off field stuff makes him an all round nightmare.

It's not round 12 yet, anyone that has signed somewhere else can always back out so that's why Manly wouldn't have signed him yet. Also they probably will grab him on the cheap if it turns out we don't want him. The reason Sandow hasn't played finals for his entire career is because he has spent most of it playing in this team at the Eels. Six years of no finals is potentially 144 games and is what we are looking at and I refuse to blame him for our entire teams culture.

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
It's not round 12 yet, anyone that has signed somewhere else can always back out so that's why Manly wouldn't have signed him yet. Also they probably will grab him on the cheap if it turns out we don't want him.

Well we will see when Round 13 is done and dusted I suppose. My bet is that Sandow remains unsigned.

oldmancraigy

Coach
lol... now he is not allowed to take the wrong option in a game.

I guess he's the only one to ever do it too

So you're perfectly happy with his performance then?

He's been woeful, not on his own, but certainly one of the worst when it comes to ill-discipline and frivolous play.

If he wants to play firsts, he needs to do what he is told. 100% agree with him being axed. No doubt Kelly is crap, that is well proven, but I'll take crap that does what it is told over talent that plays like crap because it wants to.

In the end, you can try and make excuses for him by saying 'other people made mistakes too' - but that doesn't excuse Sandow's game against Melbourne. It was a complete shocker, he invited them to take the game away, and they obliged.

Last edited:

Latest posts