What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAMS: Eels vs Roosters Rd 12

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
I think we'll start well but that bench is possibly the weakest one available. You can't take 3 props into a match unless one of them can play alot of minutes, none of our props can do that.

If we were playing the Dragons or Cowboys I'd be very worried. Roosters are easily the most mobile forward pack in the comp. They had Fitzgibbon at prop early on and still only play Morley and Shillington with Tupou off the bench. They then play two backrowers and Wing. Mobility may well be a better option against these guys....

pazzaeel

Juniors
back up half back is a stupid idea. PJ will have to be the back up next year. why waste money on someone who is going to sit in prems?

pick one man to do the job and keep him there. tim will hit form again. u cant chop and change halfbacks each week depending on who is in form.

tim needs to to bulk up a bit so that he can be a better defender and run to the line more often. he also needs to work on his long kicking game. when he gets that sorted he will be fine.

Suitman

Post Whore
pazzaeel said:
back up half back is a stupid idea. PJ will have to be the back up next year. why waste money on someone who is going to sit in prems?

pick one man to do the job and keep him there. tim will hit form again. u cant chop and change halfbacks each week depending on who is in form.

tim needs to to bulk up a bit so that he can be a better defender and run to the line more often. he also needs to work on his long kicking game. when he gets that sorted he will be fine.

He also desperately needs to work on his speed. If he is going to take the ball to the line, he needs to be faster than what he is.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Besides Speed, he needs to know how to run with the ball.

He likes to prop or step and then loses momentum and gets dominated.

He needs to keep moving and only use the jink when he needs to. He needs some lessons from Dykesy. Run across field, drag the defenders across with him, jink if he sees a gap or a lazy player or something created by a decoy runner or offload to widders or smith or tahu going in the opposite direction.

So timmah, STOP JINKING.

yy_cheng

Coach
Actually, Sterlo had the same speed and same jink in his play but he used to use simple things like run arounds so he can't get tackled with the ball.

Maybe Timmy should watch some Sterlo tapes coz they playing style is very similar.

Tizzun

Juniors
I noticed John Korborsi was named on the Bulldogs premier league bench, wasn't he playing with Parra flegg last year? If so was he a good player for us?

cardinal

Juniors
J T might know that Williams has signed for manly and unlike Brian will try not to play to many players who wont be around next year, eg Peterson. Good to see if Reddy can capture last seasons form in the top grade anyhow. Would like to see Morris at half I dont think Jerremy is the answer,we could give Green or Mateo a go at 5/8. If Tim doesnt step up Morris could even be the answer at half next year with Lyon at 5/8, he is solid in defence a reasonable kicking game and Ithink he lacks the pace for a 5/8. A half fit Ben Smith would offer more than Delany, and Tsoulos is going better than Stringer

emjaycee

Coach
cardinal said:
J T might know that Williams has signed for manly and unlike Brian will try not to play to many players who wont be around next year

Does this mean that we can examine team sheets to determine who is leaving?

Hurriflatch

Referee
A few points with this side

- Delaney did do some good things including a strong offload that led to Morrison's try and has been solid in defence but in saying that is only in the team due to his goalkicking and the fact that Benny is lacking match fitness.

- Cordoba was very disapointing against Penrith including his non effort missed tackle that saw the break created to Penrith's 1st try.

- Great to see Hayne keep his spot very much deserved he saved a try last week after getting shifted to fullback pulling down Rhys Wesser close to the line and dislodging the ball.

- Williams is unlucky but with the doubt over Tahu and Grothe due to Origin he could still get another game.

- Forwards are light on the bench but this may not be the same team that actually runs out.

bartman

Immortal
I expect some post-origin changes to the 18, though I expect Hindy to back up and give his usual effort in defence. O'Dwyer on stand-by for Tahu, and Williams would get first call up if Eric can't back up.

Wagon's on the bench to cover Robinson's defence, when he has to move up front because Fui and Stringer can't do many minutes. It's the same as starting Wagon and having Robinson on the bench as a 2nd prop really.

Good that Reddy is getting a go, helps to share opportunities around a bit when they come up. So later in the season they can call with confidence on Reddy, Hayne, Williams, Petersen, Burt, Delaney, O'Dwyer... if anything happens to our first choices in the backline.

Hurriflatch

Referee
oh and Tim Smith doesn't deserve to be in 1st grade after his "effort" in reggies I'd go as far as to say he should be warming the bench in reggies.

Considering all the press etc I was expecting him to come out fired up fighting to get back into the top grade but he failed to do anything.

for all his negatives at least Petersen looked like he wanted to try and get back into the top grade and scored 2 tries in that game.

yy_cheng

Coach
I just worry about our go forward.

8 – Fuifui MOIMOI
- Great Go Forward [9]

10 – Paul STRINGER
- Lacking Fitness [5]

11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
- Too buggered from defending [6]

12 – Chad ROBINSON
- Can get metres but not ones that forces the defence back [6]

13 – Glenn MORRISON
- Hasn't been getting real metres lately [7]

14 – Mark RIDDELL
- At 2nd row, he is the type of metre gainer we want [8]

15 - Dean WIDDERS
- If the forwards aren't going forward, he should roll up
his sleaves and be used in close to gain metres rather
standing wide trying to make a break.
Last year, he was very effective running back into the play
the ball at an angle to make metres. [7]

16 – Daniel WAGON
- More a defender than a metre gainer [4]

17 – Michael VELLA
- Can be a good metre gainer but gets dominated too easily.
He used to look for 2nd phase play as well. [7]

So in the first 15-20 mins, we will rely heavily on Fuifui to get us on the front foot.

I would rather O'Dwyer play in instead of Wagon. If we do not gain metres, Morris to Hooker, Riddell to 2nd row to prop up our go forward.
O'Dwyer can play 5/8th.

strider

Post Whore
:? - worried about that team - especially the bench - hope there are some changes

The Panthers forwards molested our pack apart from the first 15 mins or so ... maybe we just have nothing else to offer??? - but putting a light weight bench worries me

Latest posts