What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAMS: Eels vs Roosters Rd 12

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Poor John, back in PL.

Scored a try, and looked after Luke Rooney all game. Couldn't have asked for too much more, :(

Utey

Coach
JessEel said:
Poor John, back in PL.

Scored a try, and looked after Luke Rooney all game. Couldn't have asked for too much more, :(

Iam suprised Reddy got a call up at all.

1 Hayne
2 Williams
5 Grothe

nöyd

Staff member
JessEel said:
Poor John, back in PL.

No room for him, could probably try and sneak him out there but the NRL might have a cow :roll: ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Played for Westfield Sports High I think??? :?

Actually he played with Tony Williams, Kris Keating, Matt Keating, Carney in Arrive alive cup.

Yep. Played lock, second row.

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
We would get more use if another prop made an effective run. Watch the tape he was the only one and Vella at times to have any effectivness. Stringer was deadweight. Another problem none of our backs are any good our of DH. Last season we were with Grothey, Benny coming and getting us out of trouble.

That might help to. Point of the matter is he has always been more effective off the bench in first grade and has until now never started.

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:
That might help to. Point of the matter is he has always been more effective off the bench in first grade and has until now never started.

Iam willing to keep him there. Watch the first 15 minutes of last week. Game was ours.

Smithy has always taken Stringer/Caylo off after 15, this is no different.

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Iam willing to keep him there. Watch the first 15 minutes of last week. Game was ours.

Smithy has always taken Stringer/Caylo off after 15, this is no different.

He played great in the opening - I am not arguing that point. When he came back later in the game he had spent a lot of energy against forwards who were fresh and wasn't as effective. Granted we were without the ball but he looked tired in his second and third stints. I don't disagree with leaving him there but he is more effective after twenty minutes replacing Stringer or Cayless.

nöyd

Staff member
eelavation said:
**ahem ahem*** :roll:

all_throaties.jpg

I think Fui is great at the Start, but I would love to have a Dominant forward in the frist 20 minutes, then Sub Fui for the Next 40.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Terrible side imo.

I wouldn't have Smith at half, i'd put him in reggies and put PJ to half, Riddell to starting hooker.

We need a spark in the middle of the paddock, Smith offers nothing but a long pass and kick.

'd have Tim Smith coming of the bench aswell, could be dynamite if put in at the right time.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We're going to get belted :(

I think we'll start well but that bench is possibly the weakest one available. You can't take 3 props into a match unless one of them can play alot of minutes, none of our props can do that.

Delaney is playing terrible footy, but still retains his place over Luke O'Dwyer who had a great game? I'll have to assume it's all because of goalkicking but it looks like Delaney is going to be JT's pet. But apart from Delaney, our backs look very good (on paper anyway). Please get match fit quickly Benny, we need you mate!

yy_cheng

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
We're going to get belted :(

I think we'll start well but that bench is possibly the weakest one available. You can't take 3 props into a match unless one of them can play alot of minutes, none of our props can do that.

And if Stringer pops a shoulder and can't pop it back in and if Fui gets another knock on the head, we're left with Vella.

greena

Juniors
Tim Smith didn't deserve to be in firsts but Jeremy Smith is not much chop either. Tim is under contract and is young so he may improve next year, but Jeremy is of no long term value and should be let go.

A backup half has to be one of Hagans priorities