What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAMS: Eels vs Roosters Rd 12

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Can someone fill me in on Cannings?

He has been such a non event, I have lost interest with anything re Cannings, but why is he on the bench for the Prems? Coming back from injury perhaps?

Otherwise, I'm happy with that lot.

Suity

Was out early with appendix operation, came back and then suffered a hand injury. This is his first week back.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY BENNY :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

emjaycee

Coach
Interesting that there is only one front rower on the bench.
but its only Tuesday and there is a SoO to be played first so I think there may still be some changes to the 18 named.

Utey

Coach
Suitman said:
I hope we get more than a starting 14 minutes out of him. :roll:

Suity

Changed the game, wonderful stats. As soon as he goes off theres nothing offering there.

Bigfella

Coach
You would think Wagon is effectively there as cover for Hindmarsh only - Hindy plays and he drops off. Hindy out and he would start.

I would have Tsoulos in top grade ahead of Cordoba TBH. Robinson as well frankly ...

One thing which may have counted against Tim ... Roosters have not been as prolific as other sides. We may not have to score as many points against them to win as we would against say Newcastle or Tigers.

I can;t see that halves combination working long term ... but as SUity will say - maybe they deserve a crack at it.

Desperately need Riddell back, even off bench as Marsh seems to have more thrust when he is interchanged. He seemed to reduce his running role a lot.

This side would also theoretically have the option of Morris taking some dummy half duties while Riddell plays as a back or front rower?

Kornstar

Coach
IMO we are gone this week, that bench is terrible.

Riddell either starts or put him in P/L!!! We need another powerful prop off the bench!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
* Joel hasn't exactly set the world on fire but I really hope he stands up, personaly I would of given the spot to Jarryd...hope he proves us wrong.

* Williams must be the unluckiest winger in the comp at the moment.

* welcome back benny and Aaron.

* Fareni MOEFAAUO??? anyone???

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Changed the game, wonderful stats. As soon as he goes off theres nothing offering there.

That is part of the problem though when he only offers short minutes. His fitness by all accounts had improved but I think that has been shown up as a starter. Coming off the bench against tired forwards means he hasn't had to work as hard as when he starts against a fresh forward pack. He played well but he needs to do that for longer. ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
I can;t see that halves combination working long term ... but as SUity will say - maybe they deserve a crack at it.

Look, if you asked me who I thought was going to be our long term halfback, I have no hesitation in saying Tim.

But, at the moment, I think Jeremy will do fine, and the stint in Premmies might just deflate Tims head a little.

Suity

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
* Fareni MOEFAAUO??? anyone???

Played for Westfield Sports High I think??? :?

Actually he played with Tony Williams, Kris Keating, Matt Keating, Carney in Arrive alive cup.

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:
That is part of the problem though when he only offers short minutes. His fitness by all accounts had improved but I think that has been shown up as a starter. Coming off the bench against tired forwards means he hasn't had to work as hard as when he starts against a fresh forward pack. He played well but he needs to do that for longer. ;-)

We would get more use if another prop made an effective run. Watch the tape he was the only one and Vella at times to have any effectivness. Stringer was deadweight. Another problem none of our backs are any good our of DH. Last season we were with Grothey, Benny coming and getting us out of trouble.