What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams - Finals Week One

fish eel

Immortal
JT is kidding, Delaney for O'Dwyer is just a farce.

People said Smithy played favourites.....:roll:

Bazal

Post Whore
fish eel said:
JT is kidding, Delaney for O'Dwyer is just a farce.

People said Smithy played favourites.....:roll:

Is it? Why? Delaney is the better defender. He will be marking Inglis. A logical pick. We can't beat them if Inglis scores 4 now can we...:roll:

fish eel

Immortal
Bazal said:
Is it? Why? Delaney is the better defender. He will be marking Inglis. A logical pick. We can't beat them if Inglis scores 4 now can we...:roll:

I'd back O'dwyer as both a much better defender and attacker than delaney.

And he is a much more proven first grade centre than delaney either.

Parra Guru

Coach
JessEel said:
thats a lovely thing to say... :roll:

:lol: It was bound to come out of someones mouth sooner or later.

I have no problem with Delaney being picked, I just really hope it wasn't at Chalky's expense. Chalky has been good in attack AND defence with Jarryd, and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Parra Guru

Coach
fish eel said:

I completely agree. (although I think you were searching for 'aswell' rather than 'either') ;-) :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
fish eel said:

Chalkie has been caught out a few times lately, Delaney was one of our better defenders against the Cowboys. I'd have had no argument with Chalkie being picked, just as I have no argument with Delaney being picked. Chalkie is the better attacker, Delaney is (by a fair way IMO) the better defender.

dazeely

First Grade
well I'll be. Both Burt and Delaney in the team. O'Dwyer is noted as a strong defender and has built a combo with Hayne. Un-f**king-believable JT. I would prefer Wade but could live with Burt re his kicking but Delaney as well over Chalky. No way. Ridiculous. Thats a joke.

jk13

First Grade
it reminds me of the 04,05 origin series, when qld went with small centres (berrigan) and got pounded on the ground and in the air, this yr qld aimed up with tall timber and held them in check. as good as luke has been, he has missed a couple of tackles against bigger blokes. our attack may become stifled with this line up, but defence is the only way we'll win this one and thats what this side can offer. coupled with a few accurate kicks from tim and we may still be in it towards the end. we need tommy in the dressing room before kick off, slapping faces and stirring the passion. or hopefully crocker gets sent off early for some brain snap.

The Colonel

Immortal
dazeely said:
one dropped ball?

has been very good before that.

More defensively but that is just me. In attack I can see the advantages of playing Chalky but defensively Delaney is a bigger body - against Inglis and King we need that.

The other thing is everyone is saying that Chalky and McKinnon have been dropped. Given the two Flegg players in the centres at least one of them would have been named in Premier League if that was the case IMO. We won't carry two players to Melbourne.

Hurriflatch

Referee
TBH, McKinnon deserved to be dropped due to his poor defensive effort against the Cowboys.

Chalky getting dropped (if in fact he did) makes little to no sense tho.

Redback71

First Grade
if there not injured why aint they in premies, unless they are going to melbourne with the rest of the squad

cardinal

Juniors
dazeely said:
well I'll be. Both Burt and Delaney in the team. O'Dwyer is noted as a strong defender and has built a combo with Hayne. Un-f**king-believable JT. I would prefer Wade but could live with Burt re his kicking but Delaney as well over Chalky. No way. Ridiculous. Thats a joke.

A lot of you guys have been going overboard about O'dwyers form. He was really good for a patch of about 4 games but for the last 3-4 weeks he has dropped off . His one on one defence is not the problem it is his reading in the centres which JT has always said was an issue with him. Ben Smith has coped a pounding about his form, but I think his defence has been excellent and with his size he commands respect, I think he will mark Inglis, . be in his face and shut him down. Delany in my opinion has been one of our best players off the bench in the last 2 weeks and his confidence will be high for this game. In saying all that I would love to see T make a suprise return.

Morenito

Juniors
I stopped reading after i saw number 3!

Looks like a good lineup besides that...

Either way this is Delaneys LAST game for Parramatta!!
Why?...because next week number 3 will be Tahu!... I hope.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
utterly silly at a do or die match yto pick delaney and leave out chalky and wade.

Well Jt has sealed and early exit to train on with the rabbtits. This is a big tram change and in finals time is obsurd.

Pack ya bags boys no point even goin to melbourne.

as the other dude said f**k Delaney, 1 good tackle and luke loses his spot

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
utterly silly at a do or die match yto pick delaney and leave out chalky and wade.

Well Jt has sealed and early exit to train on with the rabbtits. This is a big tram change and in finals time is obsurd.

Pack ya bags boys no point even goin to melbourne.

as the other dude said f**k Delaney, 1 good tackle and luke loses his spot

You are an idiot, quite frankly. Where have you been anyways? Scared to face facts....refer to Tim Smith rating thread and do not hijack this one with a reply.