What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams - Finals Week One

paulb88

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
Pack ya bags boys no point even goin to melbourne.

Is that an oxymoron?

Shouldn't they be "not packing" their bags, if they shouldn't go to melbourne...sorry, off topic i know :p

Im happy with the team. I reckon if they're fired up and Hindy doesn't do his knee, we'll have a decent chance :D

GO EELS

jayjayselmes

Juniors
paulb88 said:
Is that an oxymoron?

Shouldn't they be "not packing" their bags, if they shouldn't go to melbourne...sorry, off topic i know :p

Im happy with the team. I reckon if they're fired up and Hindy doesn't do his knee, we'll have a decent chance :D

GO EELS

with luke amd wade out of the team and our prodigal son at halfback??????

Up against Melbourne wit hthe likes of slater, smith, king,crocker ETC

And cooper cronk will sh*t all over smith, has done that all year. Good luck to the boys going to be a hard ask with that line up

Parra Guru

Coach
jayjayselmes said:

And cooper cronk will sh*t all over smith, has done that all year. Good luck to the boys going to be a hard ask with that line up

Do you ever NOT bitch about Tim Smith?? We don't really have much choice. Cooper Cronk would probably also sh*t all over PJ Marsh at halfback aswell.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
xr62nv said:
from : http://svc002.wic108cx.server-web.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/2853/Default.aspx

The Eels however have made some significant changes to their squad with the returns of Nathan Cayless and Michael Vella, meaning that Luke Burt pushes his way into the starting fullback spot, causing Wade McKinnon to be left out of the team along with Luke O’Dwyer while Brett Delaney will be starting in the centres alongside Ben Smith.

obsurd wade and chalky have been great, especially wade this year

totally obsurd!!!!!!! :x:x:x

paulb88

Juniors
Burt has been one of our best in recent weeks. I have no doubt he'll be fine at fullback plus his goal-kicking might make the difference.

Must i remind you that before he was injured, Tim Smith was tearing up Johns all over the park. I look forward to seeing that this Sunday

Are you a Parra Fan JayJay, cause you sure have very little faith...

fish eel

Immortal
prodigal son? Tim Smith?

Do you know what prodigal son means....last time I checked, Timmy hadnt done a jamie lyon.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
I can see why chalky wasnt picked......he is a good defender, but he dosent wrap the ball up, usually goin for the legs.
Melbourne win games through there backs, they create one on one situations with outside men. Delaney has the ability to wrap the ball up without the assitance of another player close to his line, limiting the overlap!
I believe JT has seen this game as a close encounter, and is hoping his defence steps up......with melbourne such a potent attacking team, this could lead to fustrations and doubt within the team, resulting in mistakes...hence the inclusion of Burty with his kicking game!
While Mckinnon is the better defender, berty has attacking flair and with timmys short kicking game could be a major danger in the opposition 10.

If our fowards stand up, and dont give the opposition the space to create even half a chance we will win!
I believe JT selection is perfect....rotating front rowers, thus leading the Morrison and Hindy to run out wide!
Boys and Girls....its gonna be a cracker!

Phillips

Referee
O'dwyer and wade gone?

terrible decision, taylors selections over the last few weeks have been questionable

paulb88

Juniors
Jason Taylor single handedly turned Parra's season around. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even be talking about finals footy. The boys would be on their end of season trip; Wade would be in New Zealand and Chalky would be on the beach on the Gold Coast. JT led the team to win nine in a row to get us where we are so i think he can do whatever the hell he pleases...

eels_fan_01

Bench
Luke Burt has played alot better than Mckinnon since hes been back, i like Burt over Mckinnon. Burt supports better and we need any half breaks to come up with trys agaisnt the storm.

As for Delaney im not that angry, hes a sh*t attacker but he is a good defender so thats proberly why he went with him and hes a little bigger than O'Dwyer. I understand the changes Taylor has made as we have lost two in a row.

fish eel

Immortal
paulb88 said:
Jason Taylor single handedly turned Parra's season around. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even be talking about finals footy. The boys would be on their end of season trip; Wade would be in New Zealand and Chalky would be on the beach on the Gold Coast. JT led the team to win nine in a row to get us where we are so i think he can do whatever the hell he pleases...

he has done well, but isnt infallable.

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:

Whinge whinge whinge. Did Timmy skateboad over your cat or something? :crazy: You are a truly pathetic individual, you put sh*t on the most talented prospect our club has had in his position since Peter Sterling, yet blatantly refuse any logical argument or reasoning. Put simply, you are a troll.

sooperdooper

First Grade
isnt jayjayselmes the sort of person you would like to meet? on his crazy opinions alone....

i like the look of the side! i think JT has gone for the safety first option. sure its do or die.... but i think we look good! esp with some bigger bodies back in the team!

Sean7

Juniors
Prodigal Eel said:
While Mckinnon is the better defender, berty has attacking flair and with timmys short kicking game could be a major danger in the opposition 10.

McKinnon is both a better attacker and a better defender. McKinnon is our leading line breaker by far and averages about 150m a game. Burt barely makes 50 and can't attack unless someone does the work for him. He can however, kick goals and I can understand his inclusion to an extent. McKinnon was just about our best against Brisbane. He was so much better than Burt it wasn't funny and I can't understand anyone talking about McKinnon's missed tackles when his replacement is our worst defender.

The thing that worries me is that if we are struggling, Burt will struggle big time, whereas McKinnon has the ability to make a break out of nothing. We already have the worst attacking centres in the finals. And Burt's kicking has never been consistent. I hope it's still good on the weekend.

We really need to start well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
utterly silly at a do or die match yto pick delaney and leave out chalky and wade.

Well Jt has sealed and early exit to train on with the rabbtits. This is a big tram change and in finals time is obsurd.

Pack ya bags boys no point even goin to melbourne.

as the other dude said f**k Delaney, 1 good tackle and luke loses his spot
i think it would be better if you packed your bags jay jay. dont know where but anywhere but here will do. :crazy:

Hellsy

Immortal
Careful JT.... if we win, all these people will come back and defend what they have said. :LOL: :LOL:
If we loose, they'll ask for your head too.... oh wait a minute.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: