What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for RD 1

I'd like to have a lttle wager with someone.... In regards to if we would get more than 2 off loads from the forwards for the whole game. It's a terrible uncreative backrow with no hint of skill about it. And lowrie off the bench absolutely just adds to the Misery.

How the f**k is lowrie in the team??...... if that's not bias towards Lowrie then i don't what is. Feleti should have been named in there.... no doubts about it. i just don't know what trial games the coaching staff were watching.

Just on joel reddy on the wing... another Joke. The games I saw him play on the wing last year he was in effective. He's better at fullback and does OK at 3/4, hoefully he can prove me wrong.

MrT

Juniors
If Mateo and Inu don't play within first 6 rounds, and really how could you expect to see Inu play when Grothe is still to come back, I'd say you will see them both sign for other clubs in the short term ala Willie Tonga.

Really is there any other club that shunts their youngsters llike Parra.
Lowrie is Hagans version of Wagon (Smith) only Wagon is twice the player Lowrie is.

I so much wish we had Jason Taylor

T-BONE MCGRAW said:
If possible, would some one be able to do a quick type up of the interview as I don't have audio?

Much appreciated

Buy a Sound Card even if it is USB :D
Parraeels Audio said:
Dk: Well Michael the team has been named for First game against the warriors and Parramatta Fans its an exciting time.

MH: Yeah it will be, looking forward to round 1 of course we picked what we think is out best 17 for the first round bearing in mind of course that Eric Grothe and Nathan Hindmarsh Wont be there for week one and Justin Tsolous is another week or two away so apart from those couple of players we think were got something like our most experienced line up for round 1 against the warriors which is what we need.

DK: Can you give us an update on the Status of Both Eric and Nathan?

MH: Both are returning form different injuries and both may be considered for round 2 but at worst round 3 so you know that is an on going assessment of those players and Justin Tsolous would be in a Similar Category and Weller Huraki is also expected back in round 2 or round 3.

DK: How tough a job is it picking the first team of the season

MH: Yeah I guess that it is always difficult and that’s bearing in mind there are some really good young players that haven’t been given the opportunity just at this stage but I''ve no doubt that they will get plenty of Opportunities during the year.

DK: Do you pick a side Bearing in Mind your opposition, obviously the warriors play a very physical side does that play on your mind especially when pick a bench for instance?

MH: Yeah a little bit and you know it is also our first road trip to New Zealand, you need to have I think players that are experienced and used to that type of thing and I think we have come up with a team that should be able to handle that

DK: What are you expecting form the Warriors?

MH: They were impressive in the way they played last year, probably they should have all but been in the Top 8 and their form in the trials, their form since Canterbury has been very good so I think we can expect them to be of the blocks pretty quickly so we are going to need to be up and matching them in those physical areas because they are pretty hard to handle first up.

DK: Probably a couple of difficult decisions for your probably with Joel Reddy on the Wing Replacing Eric ahead of Krisan Inu also Todd Lowrie on the bench ahead of Feleti, was first grade experience probably a big factor there?

MH: Yeah probably counted in their favor a little bit although I have been very happy with Krisan Inu's performance against the
Roosters I was more than happy with and Feleti Mateo has been there about in the Trials and I think he is going to be a very good
player for us but at this stage I though we would go with Proven players and also Joel Reddy has also been Tremendous in Pre-season
He hasn't missed a session and he has been very good in the trials also.

DK: Talking of the trials any Key area that the club needs to improve on for Game 1?

MH: Yeah I think the Trials we good and I think you know we got out of then Physically what we needed, Most of the players in the first 17 have played at least 2 trials and Mark Riddell has now played 3 games I think he will be in a lot better touch than he'd have been at this time of the year last year but obvious things like controlling the football a bit better you know we were untidy in the first half against the Roosters a fortnight ago so you know those are the things that playing against the Warriors you want to improve.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
my goodness, let them take the field and lose before you crucify them all!

cardinal

Juniors
Lowrie will rip into the warriors pack, I'm still backing him to be buy of the year. Wags or Ian will get injured soon and Mateo will get his chance. Lowrie has ball skills and you will see him create some plays. I will accept all baging after the game if I am wrong, but untill then the players should get a chance to prove themselves.

Gronk

Staff member
He's gone and picked the most experienced 17 for the first game of the year which is a road trip against a bunch of huge gorillas.

No time to blood kids. I can't argue with that position.

JessEel said:
my goodness, let them take the field and lose before you crucify them all!

Nobody is crucifying the whole team...... plenty of people on here are just amazed that Lowrie got infront of Mateo.

My mate who is a Saints supporter was rubbing his hands with glee when I told him that Mateo is on the bench and he laughed loudly because he reckons the saints are a good chance of signing Feleti and this will just push him to leave. Infact he's laugh is still ringing in my ears.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Sorry Jake, i just agree with:
cardinal said:
Lowrie will rip into the warriors pack, I'm still backing him to be buy of the year. Wags or Ian will get injured soon and Mateo will get his chance. Lowrie has ball skills and you will see him create some plays. I will accept all baging after the game if I am wrong, but untill then the players should get a chance to prove themselves.
and:
Gronk said:
He's gone and picked the most experienced 17 for the first game of the year which is a road trip against a bunch of huge gorillas.

I know we do this every year, but it's round 1 - new coach - new team - let things settle a bit before we start to worry about finals and contracts! You'll develop an ulcer!! of course all eels fans have a built in blue and gold ulcer from years of torment

fish eel

Immortal
hages should pick the team he thinks will get the two points. if he picks a side because he is worried someone might sign elsewhere because he has been overlooked, then he do his head in trying to fit 25 into 17

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:

great post...and that's the reason why Hagan's a coach and we're not.

like I said..I'll wait until 7:30 saturday night before I have my whinge.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I like this comment by Hagan for the team reasoning:

"you know it is also our first road trip to New Zealand, you need to have I think players that are experienced and used to that type of thing and I think we have come up with a team that should be able to handle that"

You may not agree with it but you have to respect the reasoning

Latest posts