What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for RD 1

Tizzun

Juniors
Good to see Cannings back, one of the few bright points in what I believe is a dissapointing team.

forward pass

Coach
Holy Crap - people !! Calm down !

I can't believe how hysterical a lot of you are. It is a long season folks and just because some one has been picked or not picked or out of position, things could all change for Round 2 and beyond.

I'll back Hagans reasoning, and give him a go. It's not as if he has picked a crap team !!!
And I honestly really believe Lowry will surprise some of you !

Go Eels !!!!!!

V1er

Juniors
I think hagan has also gone for a more defensive team to try and combat the warriors style of play, while there may be no standouts in attack in the pack, defensively they are very good.

I agree with everything Hagan said, looks like a good team to me.
I'll support them no matter who's in the team anyway.
Go Parra!

Tizzun

Juniors
I think some fans (me included) have spent the last 5 odd months thinking about who would be part of our first round team. No matter who Hagan chose someone would have complained...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
cayless1989 said:
Fu$k Lowrie where the hell is mateo what has this guy got to do to play in first grade.

prove himself in PL for a couple of weeks!

forward pass

Coach
Jake the snake said:
What about the whole of last year??

Do you really think that throwing in young guys to make the step up (Mateo,Inu) in a match in NZ against NZ gorillas in front of a NZ crowd is a smart move??

You couldn't pick a worse time to do it. Their chance will come. Hages has done the right thing and he should actually be congratulated for picking the side he thinks will do the job best.

forward pass said:
Do you really think that throwing in young guys to make the step up (Mateo,Inu) in a match in NZ against NZ gorillas in front of a NZ crowd is a smart move??

You couldn't pick a worse time to do it. Their chance will come. Hages has done the right thing and he should actually be congratulated for picking the side he thinks will do the job best.

Did you watch lowrie Play against the Roosters??

i'm just gald to be back reading all this discussion about the team selections, for mine, i would have liked to see mateo in there but what he has done does make sense. Just bring on saturday night.

Parra Guru

Coach
I guess with Nath Hindy out I'm a bit disappointed that Feleti isn't getting a run, but it still looks like an OK back row.

Someone remind me.... Is Eric suspended or has he broken a hair follicle? Or is it still the ankle?

forward pass

Coach
Jake the snake said:
Did you watch lowrie Play against the Roosters??

No. But if you think that one match sums up his ability then you should know better. I have read enough about the Roosters performance to know he is much better than that.

I actually thought he did some really good things at Newcastle last year. Either way - I don't disagree about Mateo - I just don't think its the game to bring him up in !

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
What about the whole of last year??

sorry Jake..but Feleti only started playing well half way through last season he definitely wasn't that dominant early in the season.

forward pass said:
No. But if you think that one match sums up his ability then you should know better. I have read enough about the Roosters performance to know he is much better than that.

I actually thought he did some really good things at Newcastle last year. Either way - I don't disagree about Mateo - I just don't think its the game to bring him up in !

Yeah i do know better, The Roosters game was the cream on the topping. I saw him play for Newcastle last year. He was non existant. And the Newcastle fans loved him just as i do now. Im not saying he's a bad player im just saying blind freddy can see that their is a better option in Mateo.

Latest posts