What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for RD 1

cardinal

Juniors
forward pass said:
No. But if you think that one match sums up his ability then you should know better. I have read enough about the Roosters performance to know he is much better than that.

I actually thought he did some really good things at Newcastle last year. Either way - I don't disagree about Mateo - I just don't think its the game to bring him up in !

He played quite well in the lismore trial but that has been conveniently over looked. I agree he did some good things for the knights, last year I saw him tear a hammy and then run 20 metres to tidy up a kick in his own in goal. He can be a creative player who will get through a heap of tackles.

forward pass

Coach
Jake the snake said:
Yeah i do know better, The Roosters game was the cream on the topping. I saw him play for Newcastle last year. He was non existant. And the Newcastle fans loved him just as i do now. Im not saying he's a bad player im just saying blind freddy can see that their is a better option in Mateo.

No-one including myself is disagreeing with what you are saying about Mateo. I just think it would be a bad idea bringing him up in this match. If the massive NZ side target him (which they would) and he has a poor game - where would that leave his confidence - after 1 bloody round??

Time will tell !

Hellsy

Immortal
Parra Guru said:
I guess with Nath Hindy out I'm a bit disappointed that Feleti isn't getting a run, but it still looks like an OK back row.

Someone remind me.... Is Eric suspended or has he broken a hair follicle? Or is it still the ankle?

Ankle injury.

Did anyone else see the typ on the email from the club???

Not consdered
Weller HAURAKI
Nathan HINDMARSH
Timana TAHU
Eric GROTHE

Timana was listed in No. 4 :LOL:

forward pass said:
No-one including myself is disagreeing with what you are saying about Mateo. I just think it would be a bad idea bringing him up in this match. If the massive NZ side target him (which they would) and he has a poor game - where would that leave his confidence - after 1 bloody round??

Time will tell !

I can see your point regarding that.... but it's not like he would be starting the game, All the heat and intensity would be gone after the 1st 25 mins. I think he would be pretty much shattered not being selected to tell you the truth. Anyway im pretty much over it now........ we'll see what happens on Saturday night.

fish eel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
I think he would be pretty much shattered not being selected to tell you the truth..

I would hope he is made of tougher stuff than that TBH.

Avenger

Immortal
Its disgusting that Mateo and Inu were not picked for this round. They are better players then Lowie and Reddy.

I just heard the interview on the official site with Hagan. Even the interviewer asked him why they were not in the side. He basically said it was the trip to NZ etc. What a crock of sh*t. Mateo played in the UK and I think you still get their by plane.

We need to give these yopung players like Mateo, Inu, Green and Wellar a run or they will be lost to our club considering they may be in no mans land with the under 20's comp starting next year.

F*ck I'm pissed.

Hellsy

Immortal
Inu is a crap defender...... fantastic attacker.. but crap defender.
Maybe Hagn thought NZ would run all over him

parra pete

Referee
fish eel said:
I would hope he is made of tougher stuff than that TBH.

Me too but I am not convinced he is 'hard' enough for NRL...especially against tough nuts like Ruben Wiki.
A few bone rattlers from Ruben would send Feliti's potential back eighteen months.
Hard heads needed for tough matches....
I think it is a good side..and as I expected....for a tough match against the Warriors...

forward pass

Coach
Avenger said:
Its disgusting that Mateo and Inu were not picked for this round. They are better players then Lowie and Reddy.

I just heard the interview on the official site with Hagan. Even the interviewer asked him why they were not in the side. He basically said it was the trip to NZ etc. What a crock of sh*t. Mateo played in the UK and I think you still get their by plane.

We need to give these yopung players like Mateo, Inu, Green and Wellar a run or they will be lost to our club considering they may be in no mans land with the under 20's comp starting next year.

F*ck I'm pissed.

Before we have even kicked a ball in anger ???????

Take a chill pill everyone. Everyone is carrying on like this is the Grand Final side he has picked !

Avenger

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Inu is a crap defender...... fantastic attacker.. but crap defender.
Maybe Hagn thought NZ would run all over him

I agree that Reddy is a better defender.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:

F*ck I'm pissed.

what I want to ask you Avenger, and I'm a mate of yours so I understand where your coming from...couldn't you save this post for 7:30 on a Saturday night..

As much as i don't agree with his selections and I agree that the jury is still out..but Hagan's yet to be proven wrong and we're all jumping up and down.

let's wait and see what happens.

Avenger

Immortal
forward pass said:
Before we have even kicked a ball in anger ???????

Take a chill pill everyone. Everyone is carrying on like this is the Grand Final side he has picked !

These forums are a way of venting my anger. Its quite therapeutic

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
what I want to ask you Avenger, and I'm a mate of yours so I understand where your coming from...couldn't you save this post for 7:30 on a Saturday night..

As much as i don't agree with his selections and I agree that the jury is still out..but Hagan's yet to be proven wrong and we're all jumping up and down.

let's wait and see what happens.

I tried buddy. Just cannot do it. I'm actually going to change my tip and I rarely tip against Parra.

cardinal

Juniors
Avenger said:

F*ck I'm pissed.

Look forward to hearing your opinion on Lowrie, Tim and Reddy's performance on sat night not sure you will be giving as much crap then. It is easy to get excited before the game lets wait and see.

Avenger

Immortal
cardinal said:
Look forward to hearing your opinion on Lowrie, Tim and Reddy's performance on sat night not sure you will be giving as much crap then. It is easy to get excited before the game lets wait and see.

Dude this is a forum. Debate is a part of it. Cannot wait for the game to start.

PS I will be the first to admit it if I am wrong