What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for RD 1

Hellsy

Immortal
I didnt fail to mention anything.. I cannot give a blow by blow accoount of everything that happened on the field of that game - no-one can.

I write what I recall, and my memory tells me that I was far less impressed with INU's defense than Ben's.

So while you priase INU's attack and I praise Ben's defense seems like it is a fairly even slather

I just think that your making so much about INU's defence, what's he supposed to do when he 2 or 3 on 1??? Same crap went on about Tonga when he was at Parra... yeah the Aussie rep player.

It's not like INU read the defence wrong but u can't do much when u have a 2-3 players running at you.

Hellsy

Immortal
No I was just expressing my thoughts... you were the one that asked me to expand on them remember?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
I just think that your making so much about INU's defence, what's he supposed to do when he 2 or 3 on 1??? Same crap went on about Tonga when he was at Parra... yeah the Aussie rep player.

It's not like INU read the defence wrong but u can't do much when u have a 2-3 players running at you.

But is he making a mistake? Maybe you are so impressed with his flair in attack that it is clouding your judgement on his ability.

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
If we are talking defence, we could always bring Luke Burt into the equation. :sarcasm:

Suity

Please lets dont!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

At least with all these backline players we have there is some healthy competition this year :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:

There were two tackles he made early in the game that snuffed out some very good moves on the centre or second rower. Smith and Inu were lined up 2 on 3 both times but with little room for the attack to work in.

He also made the same move twice more later in the game and the attack was awake (again 2 on 3) - they came back to the centre and then passed as he left his wing.

He tried to take the ball carrier early rather than leave them for his inside man (and he was not isolated in defence) - it worked a couple of times early but they were awake later.

Defensively he is sound, far from great, but that comes with time. He just needs to pick the moment when to leave his wing and when not to. Teams will know that is how he works and take advantage of it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
irionically if you want to talk about defence didn't Feleti come off the line prior to the Roosters last try???

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
irionically if you want to talk about defence didn't Feleti come off the line prior to the Roosters last try???

The last try? I think there were a few players who did that. They had three guys lined up in the corner to take the pass......

Avenger

Immortal
Please lets not start putting sh*t on the most creative and naturally skillful forward in our club.

Not today, I have a headache.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Please lets not start putting sh*t on the most creative and naturally skillful forward in our club.

Not today, I have a headache.

Who said anything about Tony Williams?

Jodeci

Bench
Their last try, I remember Burt being on that wing and he was 15 metres in from the sideline and they did a backline move and I dont know how they got Vince Mellers past Burt but also the winger.

Burt totally didn't read it and it was a simple man wrpping around the ball player

Jodeci said:
Their last try, I remember Burt being on that wing and he was 15 metres in from the sideline and they did a backline move and I dont know how they got Vince Mellers past Burt but also the winger.

Burt totally didn't read it and it was a simple man wrpping around the ball player

Hey Jodeci, i got your 'PM' and I agree with ya 100% mate.

Latest posts