What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for RD 1

Bigfella

Coach
We have actually had a bit of sucess against Auckland in the past. Generally it has not been by playing them at their strngths, but of playing to ours ie quick play the balls, dummy half runs by speed men.

They can be vulnerable to these tactics so I can understand that Mateo doesn't debut yet. I am abit more surprised about Inu but it will be a very physical exchange and Hagan has gone with the more experienced and more robust options.

Let's discuss this again by around round 5...

cardinal

Juniors
Avenger said:
Dude this is a forum. Debate is a part of it. Cannot wait for the game to start.

PS I will be the first to admit it if I am wrong

Fair enough and if Lowrie is ordinary I will be happy for him to meet Rip next week.

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Me too but I am not convinced he is 'hard' enough for NRL...especially against tough nuts like Ruben Wiki.
A few bone rattlers from Ruben would send Feliti's potential back eighteen months.
Hard heads needed for tough matches....
I think it is a good side..and as I expected....for a tough match against the Warriors...

Yeh finally you admit Tim is up to nrl standard

Parra Guru

Coach
There's no point b*tching about the team until after the game on Saturday.

Feleti and Kris were always a slim chance of gaining round 1 selection, regardless of the trials.

Hellsy

Immortal
Because all the video shows is him in attack, brilliant at attack... not defence... he sux at defence. Rooters walked all over him

Hurriflatch

Referee
Inu's defence may be poor but it's not like Reddy is god's gift to defensive wingers. I'm not going to crucify the team or Hagan's selections yet, but I've got a feeling it will be a return to the late 1990's with Parra being one of the best defensive but worst offensive teams in the comp.

I just do not see a lot of points in that side even when Nathan and Eric come back.

Expect a lot of 12-10, 18-16 type scorelines this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well i must say i am a little disapointed that Mateo and INU weren't picked, But i can see Hagans reasoning for not picking them. We'll just have to wait till Saturday nite, i for one can't wait.

matteels

Juniors
i thought ian was goin to have to miss the first few rounds due to that catalans release thingy?? or has parra paid the $40,000?

dazeely

First Grade
Inu out - fair enough. His time will come

BUT Mateo out is a real joke. Why bother having the trials. Lowrie was sh*t from what I read and Mateo was awesome. Unbelievable stuff IMO. Where is the Widders spark?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hagan loves Lowrie so he was always going to be there, was just hoping it would be starting and Mateo on the bench. Ian Hindmarsh should be nowhere near a first grade team let alone starting. That backrow makes me very nervous, the PL backrow is better than the first grade one! The only good thing is that the Warriors one isn't much better.

Hellsy said:
Because all the video shows is him in attack, brilliant at attack... not defence... he sux at defence. Rooters walked all over him

He was clearly out numbered against the Roosters, It was always a 2 on 1 situation. At least when u bag a player explain the full reasons why.

Reddy was crap on the wing when in PL. His best position is Fullback.

Hellsy said:

He was clearly out numbered against the Roosters, It was always a 2 on 1 situation. At least when u bag a player explain the full reasons why.

Reddy was crap on the wing when in PL. His best position is Fullback.

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh..I would of chosen Krisnan ahead of Burt but if we want to use the out numbered arguement, I think it's fare to point out than a few occasion in the past where Burt was blamed for letting trys in he didn't exactly get the support he should of from his inside man.

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Yeh finally you admit Tim is up to nrl standard

No, I am admitting that Blake Green, apparently, is not as good as I thought....otherwise he should and would be in the 7 jumper. I'll just have to give him time

"Time can make the flowers grow,
"Time who knows the miracles that time can do"

jayjayselmes

Juniors
lowrie what a joke whats happening with mateo????? i thought mateo was good????

other than that id say its a good team.

lets see how they go up against mcKinnon for the warriors type of play

Suitman

Post Whore
It is very early days.

I'm not out to criticise at all at this stage.
That would just be plain stupid.

What I would have liked however, would be to see at least some form of differential selection policy than we've seen for the past 10 years - you know - just something a little bit different, like Hayne at Fullback. It would show me that Hagan is at least progressive.
I would have liked to have seen Hagan get a bit out there and try something like that. Maybe not slot his mate Lowrie in which was so predictable, but make him work for it. Stick him in reserves, and give Zeb a run or something like that. Keep people on their toes.

As I said, early days. Very early days in fact. Just hope we ain't heading down the same conservative path that we've seen for the past 10 years.
If we are, it'd be just like voting for the Federal Liberal Party again.

Suity

Latest posts