What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Dragons

The Colonel

Immortal
NRL vs St George Ill.
@ Parramatta Stadium on
Fri 4August @ 7:30pm

1 – Luke BURT
2 – Jarryd HAYNE
3 – Luke O’DWYER
4 – Ben SMITH
5 – Eric GROTHE
6 – John MORRIS
7 – Jeremy SMITH
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – Mark RIDDELL
10 – Chad ROBINSON
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Daniel WAGON
13 – Glenn MORRISON
14 – PJ MARSH
15 - Dean WIDDERS
16 – Josh CORDOBA
17 – Brett DELANEY

Coach – Jason Taylor

Prem. League vs Dragons
@ Parramatta Stadium on
Fri 4 August @ 5:30pm

1 – Joel REDDY
2 – Etu UAISELE
3 – Matt PETERSEN
4 – Kris INU
5 – John WILLIAMS
6 – Feleti MATEO
7 – Blake GREEN
8 – Peter LEWIS
9 – Drew DALTON
10 – Junior PAULO
11 – Brendan OAKE
12 – Zeb TAIA
13 – Henry PERENARA
14 – Marcus PERENARA
15 – Ben TAIA
16 – Aaron WOOD
17 – John FRITH
18 – Tim WYNN
19 – Jim STORER

Coach – Craig Culnane

Jersey Flegg vs Dragons
@ Parramatta Stadium
Fri 4 August at 2:40pm

1 – KJ MacKENZIE
2 – Alex SAVAIINAEA
3 – Tony WILLIAMS
4 – Ben FARRAR
5 – Fareni MOEFAAUO
6 – Jonathan TAVINOR
7 – Trent HODKINSON
8 – Broderick WRIGHT
9 – Ray NASSO
10 – Justin WOOD
11 – Martin LEWIS
12 – Kurt SORENSEN
13 – Kris KEATING
14 – James BOUSTANI
15 – Taulima TAUTAI
16 – Sarkis DAHER
17 – Duan POANEKI
18 – Simon MICALLEF
21 - Tim ROBINSON

Coach – Troy Pezet

The Colonel

Immortal
Appears we will get to see how Delaney goes in the back row - unless O'D moves into the pack. Not a bad option really as it doesn't necessarily upset the balance of the forward pack allowing Hindy to move up when Robinson is rested. Chad will have to do a lot of work in attack.

yy_cheng

Coach
10 – Chad ROBINSON
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Daniel WAGON
13 – Glenn MORRISON

Ummm Talk about a solid defensive pack.

11-13 would probably play 80.

Widders on Hindy to prop, chad off,

Cordoba replaces Caylo,

Delaney in the backrow? Or Smith in the pack.

Very interesting

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I think we might really struggle in the go forward department especailly against the likes of Bailey, Ryles, Poore, Sims, Young and the rest of their young props. Personally I don't think Robbo is a real go forward player but I suppose we don't have a lot of options

Kornstar

Coach
This is a real concern that we only have one Prop in the team

We are going to have to go round them, we will not be able to get through the middle!!!

Our enthusiasm can win us this game, if we can play like we played against Manly i really believe we can beat them, but if we cannot match that, imo we will get beaten well

It all comes down to how much faith the team has in itself, if JT can make them believe they will win and they trust him, that will go a long way to winning this game!!

mighty eel

Juniors
that is sh*t delaney on the bench no way he is sh*t that is a waste of a bench player we need someone who plays hard E.G Weller Hauraki would be better

yy_cheng

Coach
I think we might really struggle in the go forward department especailly against the likes of Bailey, Ryles, Poore, Sims, Young and the rest of their young props. Personally I don't think Robbo is a real go forward player but I suppose we don't have a lot of options
I agree, defensively sound pack but go forward is the problem.

Grothe made some 2nd rower type hitups against Manly which I thought were awesome, really got the defense back peddling.

Go Forward after a kick will rely heavily on O'Dwyer and Grothe, who are excellent runners from dummy half, until the forwards get back.

Jarryd, doesn't really hit the line hard, sort of strolls in and submits and Benny has to work on his acceleration to make better use of his size.

Outside our endzone, it depends on how well Riddell and the forwards hit the advantage line. If the forwards time their run such that they get the ball on the advantage line, then we will be sweet.

If they don't, Riddell has to take one or two steps before passing. He did that really well against Manly.

I hope we don't fall back to the dark days when the hooker passes the ball to a forward who is 1-2 metres behind the advantage line and then gets creamed by the defense.

fish eel

Immortal
I think Chad is the key this week.....he cut his teeth in our lower grades in the front row, so he really needs to stand up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
delaney on the bench :crazy: we will have to go round them because we have no chance up the middle.

yy_cheng

Coach
mighty eel said:
that is sh*t delaney on the bench no way he is sh*t that is a waste of a bench player we need someone who plays hard E.G Weller Hauraki would be better

I would've preferred a Weller or Zeb who's mission is to run it hard (moimoi like) for a short time.

We have a 80min backrow and a 60min player in Widders so I think we could afford a human missile in there playing HARD for 20 mins in 10 min interval.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think if Cayless plays more game time than normal, we should be right. Look I still think its a good side. Robinson up front, time will tell. As long as we can match them up front with Bailey and Ryles.

The Colonel

Immortal
:lol: The doom and gloom merchants are back. The only change to that team is essentially Robinson for Moimoi. Delaney takes over the role that Wagon has been playing for the past few weeks and Wags takes over Chads role in the starting side. Defensively the side loses nothing.

Chad hasn't had to run the ball often this season but is actually much bigger than the two guys you are suggesting take his place up front. In a game like the one we face on Friday night experience counts rather than relying on rookies. With what we have to work from this is really the best option for this week.

Hindy moves into prop when Chad comes off and Cordoba replaces Cayless. Widders or Delaney move to lock and Morrison moves into the second row.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I would've preferred a Weller or Zeb who's mission is to run it hard (moimoi like) for a short time.

We have a 80min backrow and a 60min player in Widders so I think we could afford a human missile in there playing HARD for 20 mins in 10 min interval.

Totally agree. What has Zeb done terribly wrong this year? He runs hard and hits hard. He might make the occasional mistake and lack the pace of first grade but he is a lot better bench option than Delaney and that is what experiece is for. He is like a mini Fuifui and with the structure of the team this week he would be perfect.

What exactly is Delaney's role meant to be? Is it back up for the backrow because I don't think he has actually played in the back row except for maybe the trials. Why not pick a backrower or prop like Paolo,Taia, Lewis or even Oaky because although they may be unproven in first grade so is Delaney as a forward.

I am confused:crazy:

The Colonel said:
:lol: The doom and gloom merchants are back. The only change to that team is essentially Robinson for Moimoi. Delaney takes over the role that Wagon has been playing for the past few weeks and Wags takes over Chads role in the starting side. Defensively the side loses nothing.

Chad hasn't had to run the ball often this season but is actually much bigger than the two guys you are suggesting take his place up front. In a game like the one we face on Friday night experience counts rather than relying on rookies. With what we have to work from this is really the best option for this week.

Hindy moves into prop when Chad comes off and Cordoba replaces Cayless. Widders or Delaney move to lock and Morrison moves into the second row.

i think that could very well work.