What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams you like

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I know threads about teams you like has probably been done a million times in one form or another, but it dawned on me last night that with Blair going to Wests, and the whole Moltzen saga, that I don't like Wests anymore.

Are there any teams you used to like but then something happened - a player joining them, someone did something grubby in a game etc - and you changed?

Melbourne Storm and their whole salary cap saga is an obvious one. Any others personal to you?

And any you used to hate but now like?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I used to like Melbourne - flying the NRL flag in Mexico and all - until they knocked my team out of the finals 3 times in 4 years ('06, '07 and '09). I didn't like them so much but I respected them for being so f**king awesome even while I wondered how they could keep so many good players under the salary cap.

lol

Now they're the only club I hate.

some11

Referee
Used to have a soft spot for Souths until you know who signed up here and turned the whole forum against them.

thorson1987

Coach
Have always hated manly.
But had a lot of respect for Menzies. And really like Foran and DCE.
Melbourne signed the wrong Foran a few years ago.

Never really liked the tigers. (didn't mind Balmain before the merge, but always hated the magpies.) even better as I grew up in campbelltown.

Can't stand the Dragons either. Nothing to do with the club or players, just that I am surrounded by their fans everywhere

KiamaSaint

Coach
I use to have a soft spot for the Rabbitohs, thought it was a travesty when they were kicked out of the comp. Since Russell Crowe bought them, can't stand them. They are now the anti-Souths of old but the same on field results. They are only valuable for some good lols.

wittyfan

Referee
I like:

Sharks
Raiders
Panthers
Dragons
Dogs
Eels
Titans
Warriors (re-instated after 3 years of hate)

That is all.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I use to have a soft spot for the Rabbitohs, thought it was a travesty when they were kicked out of the comp. Since Russell Crowe bought them, can't stand them. They are now the anti-Souths of old but the same on field results. They are only valuable for some good lols.

Same.

I also used to like Knights - working class battlers with league in their blood and all that. Since Tinkler came I lost some love, now with the Bennett hype I really dislike them.

I used to dislike Brisbane, but now with Bennett gone and the exciting crop of juniors they've brought through, I like em now.

KiamaSaint

Coach
What you are unlikely to see on this forum:
A sharks fan with a soft spot for the Dragons
A Rabbits fan with a soft spot for the Roosters
A Roosters fan with a soft spot for the Rabbits
A Panthers fan with a soft spot for the Eels
A Raiders fan with a soft spot for the Knights

I would have said any other supporter having a soft spot for Manly or Storm but X factor has already blown that myth.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Strongly like

Warriors
Knights
Parra
Penrith
Cronulla

Strongly dislike

Brisbane
Manly
Melbourne
Dragons
Souths (when we play them, otherwise dont care)

The rest are middle of the road, a prolonged period of success for say the bulldogs could turn me against them

Jimminy

Juniors
Broncos supporter here. Really coming around to Manly (shoot me). No more Hasler. DCE and Foran are champs. Lyon is a weird one. Soft football decisions off the field (pissing off to England and no rep) but on the field has some ticker. Georgie Rose is the last of his kind. Not there yet though due to Watmough and the Stewart boys. Always had a soft spot for the Sharks too.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Broncos supporter here. Really coming around to Manly (shoot me). No more Hasler. DCE and Foran are champs. Lyon is a weird one. Soft football decisions off the field (pissing off to England and no rep) but on the field has some ticker. Georgie Rose is the last of his kind. Not there yet though due to Watmough and the Stewart boys. Always had a soft spot for the Sharks too.

I f**king love Manly (as much as it's possible to love a team you don't support)

Love their style of footy & their 'f**k you' attitude to everyone.

Plus they piss most people off, so that can only be a good thing.

Latest posts