What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams you like

eozsmiles

Bench
I like the North Sydney Bears. Not the Northern Eagles or the Central Coast. My other team was Newtown because my parents supported them. So I'm pretty much rooted.

blain

Juniors
I would like Manly, but I HATE the Stewart brothers and of course the biggest c**k of all, Choc. Has the most punchable face in league I reckon. Hate the Storm too. Not a fan of the Tigers anymore, Moltzen saga pushed them over edge for me. Eels and bunnies, annoy me.

Other than that, I dont mind the other teams. Bit of a soft spot for the Broncos and Titans.

BranVan3000

Coach
I like the Warriors and I like the Dragons in a rival sort of way, I'll root for them against other teams but hate them when they play Souths

jonno_knights

Juniors
I hate probably the roosters the most. Being born in 1990, i was 10-14 around the time the roosters were the dominant team. This seems to be the age where kids start making decisions on who they support for life. That means the majority of 'fairweather' fans in my age group are the roosters fans. As a result everytime the roosters do something good my FB newsfeed gets flooded with Roosters fans jumping on the bandwagon. It was unbearable in the backend of 2010, and it happened again on Monday Night. You dont hear peep out of them when they are loosing though...

snoozer

Bench
teams i like-

sheeps
goons(family thing)
the riff(67 brotherhood)

teams i like watching play-

hartleys
donkeys
tigpies

teams i despise with with a passion-

the Victorian cheating merkins
the dog cheating merkins

I hate probably the roosters the most. Being born in 1990, i was 10-14 around the time the roosters were the dominant team. This seems to be the age where kids start making decisions on who they support for life. That means the majority of 'fairweather' fans in my age group are the roosters fans. As a result everytime the roosters do something good my FB newsfeed gets flooded with Roosters fans jumping on the bandwagon. It was unbearable in the backend of 2010, and it happened again on Monday Night. You dont hear peep out of them when they are loosing though...

It's also the time period Newcastle won 2 premierships but you're not fair weather hey

mongoose

Coach
Always had a soft spot for the Panthers until Elliot became coach. I really loved watching the panthers fail at everything while he was there. Im not sure if I like them again with Gould there though.

Also have a soft spot for - Cowboys, Sharks and Warriors.

All the other clubs can burn in hell.

POPEYE

Coach
Only ones that don't interest me are Smith, Sheens, Furner unfortunately and the new Bennett

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parra used to be my second favourite team until the 2009 wankfest over them and particularly Hayne. Even though they've been shit for few years now I find it hard to like them again because of that one year. Preferred them when they were closer to average.

In 2009 we were average - we got into the semis in 8th spot. That's why there was such a wankfest.

soc123_au

Staff member
Always liked the Sharks, more so after 91 because I always thought they would get a premiership first.

Used to like the Roosters until Gould, then Freddy & Sing jumped ship. Then even the sight of a Roosters jersey made me want to kill things. Now for reasons I cant comprehend I dont mind them again, must be their young forward pack. Or possibly because they have been shit for the most part since Freddy retired.

Hate the Storm & Manly, the rest don't care either way.

Nearly forgot 5(c)ouff$ dont hate them, but it is such a joy to watch them fail. Thanks Rusty & Bunniesman.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Knights because Im from the hunter originally.
Sharks because I like the supporter base on here.

I would otherwise like souths but the supporters are hard to tolerate.

Big Pete

Referee
Other than the Broncs.

North Queensland Cowboys - The Queensland factor certainly helps but the lack of coverage, tough background and some exciting young players definitely helps.

Sydney Roosters - Dad's team so always have a soft spot for them. Don't really like Smith at coach but O'Sullivan's recruitment balances that.

The third spot usually swaps around a bit. Depends on the roster and the coach.

Saints fan

Juniors
I used to support the Warriors when the NRL started in 1999 but switched to the Dragons when they got busted for rorting the salary cap at the end of 2005.

I do have a soft spot for the Sharks as most of the fam are from the Shire but Rothfield is an absolute merkin rash so wanting them to win is a double edged sword. My mate has been telling me for over 10 years the day Cronulla win the comp it'll be the greatest party on earth so I'm keen to see that happen.

The rest I either hate - Souffs, Dogs or just don't care about.

jonno_knights

Juniors
It's also the time period Newcastle won 2 premierships but you're not fair weather hey

Between 2000-2004 Newcastle won one premiership....

I showed the same amount of support in 2005 as I did in 2006. Have been a knights fan as long as I can remember, have proof from 1993. Not that I need to explain to you if I'm fairweather or not though.

Eels Dude

Coach
I used to like Souths but can't really stand their supporters and some of Rusty's antics. Now I just LOL at them, but if they get on a roll I might jump on the bandwagon.

DIMEAST

Juniors
Used to really like the Tigers but the media obsession is outta control, not really their fault just over it! Like watching the Broncos play, don't really hate any teams think that's more of a Sydney thing. Most of the first round was f**king awesome and I just end up cheering for a good game

Knightmare

Coach
Lol@50uff$- I respected their blue-collar toughness, the history of the club and the way, through George Piggins, they took on the NRL and won.

But since Rusty and PhAC took over, I have grown tired of their delusional fans telling us every year that this season will be when they give the Premiership a real challenge, only to finish 9th again. Especially the whole sense of entitlement they have, thinking they are the "Pride of the League" despite not having won a semi finals match since 1987! It all just made it too easy to Lol@50uff$ instead of trying to like them and feel sorry for them.

Latest posts