What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

BrotherJim05

Bench
Austin is doing a pretty good job at the back. Doesnt have teddys speed but is solid in terms of support play.

Maybe its time to promote Moses but as a fullback?

macnaz

Staff member
10-12 weeks NOT!! .... same injury as Moltzen and he still isnt back and may never have the strength in the knee to withstand the constant impact again ... This is a really shit injury . Hopefully the diagnosis is a dislocation and not a fracture.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Gasnier was saying he had the same injury and had eight weeks. Man the kid is fragile and awkward. If he had of made the tackle in the conventional manner no dramas.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it is a fracture because I don't think a dislocation is a problem. Its a big loss but Austin to me showed me how good a player especially a utility player he can be. It was a great effort from Austin.

Matchball

Bench
I like his enthusiasm but he shouldn't be trying to do the job of a forward. It's not like he is built to make hits like that.

macnaz

Staff member
Gasnier was saying he had the same injury and had eight weeks. Man the kid is fragile and awkward. If he had of made the tackle in the conventional manner no dramas.

Didnt hear that , its a rare and very hard injury to repair ...so I think Gasnier is confusing it with something similar, u dont come back after 8 rnds

Pezz70

Juniors
Yeah, he said it at half time in the fox coverage. I guess there are probably varying degrees of trauma

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah, he said it at half time in the fox coverage. I guess there are probably varying degrees of trauma

Yeah probly.. the fact they diagnosed Tesdesco"s as a fracture immediately without xrays tells me its very obvious and major :(

phenisha

Juniors
if the talk is true, he actually totally split the patella - so a long injury and recovery time. And yep Gasnier did fracture his patella when he was playing though it was only a hairline not a total split

macnaz

Staff member
if the talk is true, he actually totally split the patella - so a long injury and recovery time. And yep Gasnier did fracture his patella when he was playing though it was only a hairline not a total split

Cool thanks .. Moltzens was a total separation as well , he has been sidelined 7 months and counting and still without a return date .. and even when he does come back who knows how strong it will be.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I like his enthusiasm but he shouldn't be trying to do the job of a forward. It's not like he is built to make hits like that.
THIS !!! I feel like he was possibly trying to make a statement after all the media talk that Raiders would target him tonight but it backfired.
Geez I hope it's not as bad as Moltzen's, he may never reach his full potential if thats the case. Here's hoping for better news.

bileduct

Coach
I always enjoy games against the Tigers and was looking forward to seeing Tedesco play against us. I am very sorry to see him injured again. Bad luck guys, but it could be worse... You could be playing like us.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Good news it isn't his ligament. Still shit, but if was his ligament, it could have been his career over.

Ironic/hilarious it happened against Raiders in the first play of the game.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
f**k me the bloke is made of porcelain. Maybe the Raiders should've snatched him after all. 400k sitting on the sidelines is disgraceful.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Before I say this, I'm a huge fan of Teddy's.

What I wasn't a fan of the whole song and dance about signing Teddy like he was a Marquee player. I said it a thousand times, paying overs for an injury prone player with 20 NRL games was just ludicrous.

I want to see Teddy get back to 100% injury free form, but we have to seriously think about a plan B, as I fear this will continue happening for periods of time.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Even though I don't think Tedesco should have been anywhere near that tackle on Saturday night, I do believe it was nothing more than a freak accident and therefore it might be a little bit premature for him to be given the "injury prone" tag. I think there are other positions we need to concentrate on before we worry about a back up plan for Tedesco. After all, the very same thing could be said about Benji and his shoulders all those years ago and they haven't been a factor for a long time now.

Even though I don't think Tedesco should have been anywhere near that tackle on Saturday night, I do believe it was nothing more than a freak accident and therefore it might be a little bit premature for him to be given the "injury prone" tag. I think there are other positions we need to concentrate on before we worry about a back up plan for Tedesco. After all, the very same thing could be said about Benji and his shoulders all those years ago and they haven't been a factor for a long time now.

They won't be a problem when you can't make a tackle :sarcasm: