What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Radical Rat

Juniors
Even though I don't think Tedesco should have been anywhere near that tackle on Saturday night, I do believe it was nothing more than a freak accident and therefore it might be a little bit premature for him to be given the "injury prone" tag. I think there are other positions we need to concentrate on before we worry about a back up plan for Tedesco. After all, the very same thing could be said about Benji and his shoulders all those years ago and they haven't been a factor for a long time now.

Totally agree. Every man and his dog has labelled Tedesco injury prone but I disagree. It's not like he's getting constant soft tissue injuries. He's done an ACL, tore ankle ligaments in an awkward tackle and now the knee cap. Three totally separate and just plain unlucky incidents.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think Richards and Tedesco had conspired a plan where Teddy was going to try and get the ball on the full. What could have been? A brilliant try in the first 10 seconds of the game or as was the case, Teddy injured and out for the season. Cruel game footy....

N.C.

Juniors
Totally agree. Every man and his dog has labelled Tedesco injury prone but I disagree. It's not like he's getting constant soft tissue injuries. He's done an ACL, tore ankle ligaments in an awkward tackle and now the knee cap. Three totally separate and just plain unlucky incidents.

Injury prone. Prone to injury.

Does it matter what type? Is there really a difference between injury prone and being made of glass?

If you spend more time in rehab than you do on the park, you're probably a bit injury prone.

Or is he just clumsy?

Matchball

Bench
I think Richards and Tedesco had conspired a plan where Teddy was going to try and get the ball on the full. What could have been? A brilliant try in the first 10 seconds of the game or as was the case, Teddy injured and out for the season. Cruel game footy....

Low percentage play costs us big time.
How many times in history has a try been scored from a regathered kick off in that scenario?

Ridiculous for him to injecting himself into the game this way. He isn't a big hit merchant.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Matchball, I am a third generation Balmain/West Tigers supporter and the family has played for and supported them since 1908. Mate, I have been ripping my hair out for 55 years because of 'low percentage plays.'

It seems to go with the territory of supporting them. :D

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many times in history has a try been scored from a regathered kick off in that scenario?

Ridiculous for him to injecting himself into the game this way. He isn't a big hit merchant.

yep. that was a job for Lawrence or Simona

Radical Rat

Juniors
Injury prone. Prone to injury.

Does it matter what type? Is there really a difference between injury prone and being made of glass?

If you spend more time in rehab than you do on the park, you're probably a bit injury prone.

Or is he just clumsy?

I get what you're saying. I just think it has been 3 unlucky injuries and I have hope (I pray) all his bad luck is behind him.

I'd still rather these type of injuries for Teddy over someone like Brett Stewart or Hodges who's hammy's are shot and they need to miss every 3rd game regardless of their overall health.

FootynRacing

Juniors
It's so good seeing the footage of Tedesco in full flight at training today. He looks confident, his knee didn't look to be giving him any trouble at all.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it was on facebook (the official Tigers page)

Is it just me or has he changed his running style (knee's aren't lifting as high when he runs)? He isn't favouring the knee either, so he appears to have full confidence in it now.

He also looks a lot bigger in the arms too, if you didn't know who he was, you'd almost mistake him for a second rower now, yet he is still explosively fast off the mark.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
that upper body bulk and his swerve running at speed is going to make him bloody hard to tackle.

Kick returns look as though they are going to be the backbone of our sets next season, more than ever.

axl rose

Bench
that upper body bulk and his swerve running at speed is going to make him bloody hard to tackle.

Kick returns look as though they are going to be the backbone of our sets next season, more than ever.

Well we have offloaded our forwards so i guess we don't have much option.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tedesco has always been a big question mark for our team. When he is fully fit he is as good as they get. He just seems to always be injured and never at 100%.

To be completely honest, if I had to choose between a couple of marquee signings or a total overhaul of our S&C department...I would go with the latter any day of the week. A backline with a fully fit Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Nofo and Simona is f**king lethal...Tedesco is really the link man between all these players and thats wht its so important that he is fit

Vic Mackey

Referee
Fully agree

A fully fit spine of:

1. Tedesco
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Farah

Could by the end of the year be the best in the comp. Melbourne have always based their squad around 3 world class spine players and a team of solid first graders. No reason we can't do the same.

Issue for us is our S+C is the worst in league and our back up options to these guys are borderline nsw cup standard.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Every time I see the Tedesco thread has been bumped I click on it with fear that I'm going to read about another serious injury. Anyone else have that reaction? Hopefully after a few solid years of him playing injury free that feeling will go away.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Every time I see the Tedesco thread has been bumped I click on it with fear that I'm going to read about another serious injury. Anyone else have that reaction? Hopefully after a few solid years of him playing injury free that feeling will go away.

Mate, every time I see a video with Tedesco running I have this same fear...