What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis ... :p

Bazal

Post Whore
I have a rather nice selection of frying pans that you're more than welcome to...

Alba

Coach
btw Federer is not a robot. He is a professional. And a very entertaining sportsman to watch. So he doesn't throw the racket around and abuse the umpire and what? That makes him a robot? LOL!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Quite the contrary - I'm very fond of Federer. Amazing player - for mine, the greatest of all time.

But he has no character. Part of what people loved about McEnroe was how he carried on; why Aussies embraced Goran Ivanicevic even after he defeated our very own Pat Rafter in Wimbledon those years ago was because he was humble and exhibited a great sense of character; why Safin is so loved partly is because he shows his emotions and is a funny bloke.

Federer is a legendary player, but he shows no emotion on the court. OK, he's a professional, true. But I, for one, can't bag Hewitt for trying to pump himself up in a big match.

Moffo

Referee
federer has made mens tennis more boring then i could've ever imagined. great player but thats about it

thommo4pm

Coach
Federer has made Mens tennis exciting.
It's not his fault the others are not up to his level.
It's up to the rest of the Mens tour to match him and get to his level.

He has shown plenty of emotion over time, has had 1 or 2 mini tantrums also, the guy is the complete player and I could sit and watch him all day.
For people to say he is boring or has made tennis boring, they simply don't appreciate the skill level this guy has, or just how wonderfully gifted he is.

Moffo

Referee
thommo4pm said:
Federer has made Mens tennis exciting.
It's not his fault the others are not up to his level.
It's up to the rest of the Mens tour to match him and get to his level.

He has shown plenty of emotion over time, has had 1 or 2 mini tantrums also, the guy is the complete player and I could sit and watch him all day.
For people to say he is boring or has made tennis boring, they simply don't appreciate the skill level this guy has, or just how wonderfully gifted he is.

bullsh*t

i know how good he is, he just isn't exciting. he shows no emotion, has no personality and it shows

Stagger eel

Staff member
Moffo said:
bullsh*t

i know how good he is, he just isn't exciting. he shows no emotion, has no personality and it shows

I think you've mistaken Federer to Lendl.....if there's ever been a robot that's played this game Ivon Lendl has to be it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree to an extent about feds making mens tennis boring
he's great to watch but you can pretty much put you're house on him to win and he is always so incontrol, he is almost emotionless

great player, will be the GOAT but it is kinda boring, except when he plays Nedal, i know the quality of tennis wont be as good but id rather watch Safin V Hewitt then Federer against anyone but Nedal

thommo4pm

Coach
Moffo said:
bullsh*t

Have you seen him in the big matches against Safin, Nadal, Nalbandian, Hewitt(previously), Roddick????

When the pressure is on and it's a big point or service game, he shows his emotion.
What do you expect him to do?
Pump his fists in the air after hammering the world no. 250 player 6-0 6-0 6-0?

Alba

Coach
hahaha .. did anyone catch any of todays matches? Luczak wtf?? lol .. but the Safina v Hantuchnova was an excellent game! I was glued to it which is really not that common with me and womens tennis. Brilliant match. Unfortunately Safina lost though :( She is my next fave behind Molik (who won her doubles today btw) simply because she is Marat Safin's sister! haha na she plays a good game too! I'm headin out there on Wed so i'm praying for good weather

Alba

Coach
yeah I could watch Federer all day and I would NOT be bored.. He is a champion

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
same here

he's a champion, never get sick of watching a champion

Dutchy

Immortal
I cant watch any tennis player for 5 minutes and not be bored to be honest

Unless theres a Serb playing..coz then I am yelling sweet sweet abuse

Alba

Coach
I understand why people get bored with tennis. But I love it with a passion. I absolutely LOVE 4hour matches that keep u on the edge of ur seat :) I don't like short matches cause they are boring and there's no entertainment quality. I can't wait for the Aussie Open :) and Kooyong starts Wed as well :) whoohoo!

Latest posts