What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis ... :p

Dutchy

Immortal
Nah, Hewitt is fine the way he is. Gucc would of won a few more points if he complained today.

Alba

Coach
Yeah but he has his dignity. Lleyton is a sooky little bitch. I love how he always goes COME ONNNNNNNN after he beats a nobody like it's something lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thins I admire about Lleyton:

* His fighting spirit - he can be down 6-luv, 6-luv and 5-luv against serve, and he won't give up; some of our greatest Davis Cup moments have involved him clawing his way back from the brink of doom

* He hasn't been in great form in recent years, but we all know just how good he can be - he has great court speed, great touch on lobs, volleys and drop shots and a good tennis mind

* Love him or hate him, the guy bleeds blue and gold - he is so passionately Australian and proud of it.

OK, so he sooks a bit. I blame his parents - when he hot the spotlight at age 16, instead of keeping him grounded they encourage him to behave like he did at home (that is, spoiled). But I admire the guy's tenacity and honestly hope he could one day win the Open.

Mind you, with a freak like Feds there...

Alba

Coach
NO! I hope he never wins!! EVER!! I'd love for another "05" to happen .. I mean that was just sweet.. to see him get all fired up and then lose, OH the joy I felt!

Jono Russell

Bench
How about last night ay.

Dellacquas win was nice surprise.

The match between Roddick and Kohlschreiber was bloody awsome. One of the best matches i have seen so far. Only matched by last night Bagdahtis and Safin battle.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Eelementary said:
Thins I admire about Lleyton:

* His fighting spirit - he can be down 6-luv, 6-luv and 5-luv against serve, and he won't give up; some of our greatest Davis Cup moments have involved him clawing his way back from the brink of doom

* He hasn't been in great form in recent years, but we all know just how good he can be - he has great court speed, great touch on lobs, volleys and drop shots and a good tennis mind

* Love him or hate him, the guy bleeds blue and gold - he is so passionately Australian and proud of it.

OK, so he sooks a bit. I blame his parents - when he hot the spotlight at age 16, instead of keeping him grounded they encourage him to behave like he did at home (that is, spoiled). But I admire the guy's tenacity and honestly hope he could one day win the Open.

Mind you, with a freak like Feds there...
Have we changed our national colours have we? :crazy:

Oh and Hewitt vs Baghdatis - not too far away :fist:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hewitt through in a tough 5 setter
well in, i dont expect him to last much longer though in the open

Jono Russell

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Hewitt through in a tough 5 setter
well in, i dont expect him to last much longer though in the open

Agreed.

He struggled to beat a wounded Baghdatis. Any real contender would have wrapped it up in the 4th when he had the 5 - 1 lead. One of the best comebacks I have seen.

Djokovic should use Hewitt as a practice session.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What was really disappointing was the luck Baghdatis had, at 5-1 in the 4th, hewitt serving, the bloke gave up, was playing ridiculous tennis and got lucky, broke hewitt and kicked on from that

hewitt should have probably won the 4th 6-0 to be honest, but he just couldnt close out the set