What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te'o Takes Control Of His Future

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so two games now where we were getting punished by a much bigger forward pack, and he goes missing.

I don't think it's any coincidence.

super_coach

First Grade
Teo would be a great asset in a pack that has a front row, but in our pack he is being exposed. Still worth keeping. Tends to be a goodtime charlie, looks brillant against the cream puffs but nots so good against the guns. He is only young and should get better worth a risk. When you consider what we are paying some others who have no potential he is worth the risk

One of the papers today was saying the Broncos are a show of landing him ...

I wouldn't lose any sleep over him tbh

Like you said goes missing big time when the chips are down

aids

Bench
piss the dog off, as i said on par with harrison
the 2 on the field at the same time and we'll leak in 20+ up the guts every time.

super_coach

First Grade
How about we give his money to Hogo and talk him out of heading to ESL. Although I get sick of seeing poor Hogo busting his guts while others are bludging, probably deserve a rest in ESL

Vicious

Bench
What drugs are you blokes on ??? We`ll have a team full of pillows, that`ll make 40 tackles each, make plenty of hit ups, but never ever force a turnover because they wouldn`t knock the top off custard tart and never make a line break as they wouldn`t run out of sight on a dark night !!!
Get the goggles off and evaluate the game correctly for f*cks sake !!!

sober_siddhi

Juniors
How about we give his money to Hogo and talk him out of heading to ESL. Although I get sick of seeing poor Hogo busting his guts while others are bludging, probably deserve a rest in ESL

Apparently we wouldn't offer him a 3 year deal... which is a decision I can't quite fathom considering he carries our team most weeks.

I'm sure the recruitment manager has his reasons... :roll:

Vicious

Bench
Yep what we need is blokes so tough and so intimidating they throw it to Hodgo to take a hit up. f**k him

It`s quite simple, until we start showing some aggression and forcing turnovers, we won`t beat any decent side and we certainly won`t make the top 8. Now you openly critisize Tim Sheens and on many aspect I would agree with you, but you still don`t seem to understand the basic fundermental in that you need to hit, not just make a tackle because you have to !!! Have a look through the lsit of all the blokes that are so called top defenders because they make plenty of tackles. They all hit like androtop*ots and half the reason they make plenty of tackles is because the attacking players love running at them !!!

sober_siddhi

Juniors
That's a real f**king shame
He's showed his hand that money is his motivation
He's a lazy prick and that's when he's after a new contract
Imagine how sh*t and lazy he'd be with the surety of 3 years under his wing

I think you'll find he is in a similar situation to what Heighno was. We can cast aspersions about his motivations, but it looks like he is likely to take a similar sort of pay cut to stay with us. Time will tell whether he was worth hanging on to or not.

Our initial offer was probably a pittance and I don't blame the guy for wanting to find out what he is really worth.

Vicious

Bench
Heighno had every right to get a good contract.
Have a look at his yardage and workrate
Our best forward and one of the top forwards in the NRL
Te'o is a bludging upstart who makes 50m a game and throws the ball to his 70kg fullback to take a hit up

Why cant your man Heighno make one decent hit and put a bit of fear into the opposition rather than just continue being a powederpuff defender ???

sober_siddhi

Juniors
Heighno had every right to get a good contract.
Have a look at his yardage and workrate
Our best forward and one of the top forwards in the NRL
Te'o is a bludging upstart who makes 50m a game and throws the ball to his 70kg fullback to take a hit up

I'm not debating that (for the most part), but the reality is he's worth what the market is willing to pay (that's why you won't find Morris asking for a release any time soon).

For what it's worth, he defends where Royce tells him to.

Last edited: