What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible news, Lance Thompson passes away overnight

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I am shocked and upset that Lance has pass away.
A true Saints legend.
And a great mate.
So said to here you have passed away way to early mate.
Love your work both on and off the park.
May God grant you peace big red.
Always loved by everyone.
Please all say a pray for his family and friends.
This is a said said day.
Loved you big fellow rest in peace

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I was just looking at the photo posted earlier of him carrying his young daughter, lovely looking girl, I’ve teared up so sad. A premiership for Lance please.

Don't know if we can give Lance a premiership or not but l certainly hope the club can do better than black duct-tape hopelessly applied around the sleeve arm.

You would think someone with just a bit of extra nous could come up with a proper stretch cloth type arm band to respectfully salute those we are paying respect to.

Sorry, I just think duct tape is a cheap and nasty representation.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Wow :sob: so sad to hear!!!!!!!

Apart from the memories on field, My fondest memory of Lance as a kid was him hogging the Tekken II video game at Video Ezy at South Hurstville and gnarling at anyone who told him to get off. He went to Blakehurst High and was good mates with my younger brother.

Thanks for the memories Champ. RIP and I'm sure Saint George will look after you up there. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

Condolences to his family, he was a great bloke.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sad news, a great guy who invested so much passion into the club & the game..

Hits hard to Dragons fans of all ages..

Obviously conflicting reports as it’s developing news, but if it was depression releated, you only need to see the outpouring of grief around the country to see that no matter how dark it is in your own mind, people outsidedo care..

If you’re not okay, tell someone.

Well put Muzby