What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFS - Sydney Swans

axl rose

Bench
Why oh Why do they have that bald singing idiot on there! no not Sterling the other one. NOTHING he sings is ever funny!

choc_soldier

Coach
The Footy Show is that six-month old milk in the fridge that should have been thrown out ages ago, and has that bad, bad smell.

wittyfan

Referee
Carlito said:
adamson got on the list at the end, I dont understand how chad randall deserved to be in the video tho, i mean he had 50 odd games.

In all honesty, Chad is not much of a player so it was a bit baffling. He's good eye candy but not much more.

The Footy Show dragged on and on and on for three hours. It was the flattest Grand Final show ever and it's no coincidence that the worst shows have taken place at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

gaterooze

Bench
I cannot understand putting the Swans on. Was it to show that "we're bigger people" and hold no animosity, or was it decided by the same tool who decided to put Rebecca Wilson on the panel?

Fair dinkum... I guess the only good to come out of it is to show that League doesn't consider the Swans any kind of threat, but still... why give them more publicity?

Brutus

Referee
It was a disgraceful Footy Show and that music review they did was a total embarrassment. They get the same clowns on the panel to do it every year, they can't sing, they can't keep time, they can't dance and are not funny. Why not get current players to do something in the future and make it interesting instead of half-hearted idiots who look like they haven't even learn't the words.

dubby

Bench
I turned it on briefly and saw them licking upto the Swans. Rolled my eyes, thought to self...here we go again...and turned the TV off, went and read the bible.

WHy does our code give so much coverage to the other code in our GF week?
Why does the swans bandwagon roll on?
Is it because they have that adorable little IRish guy? Thank God for Brian Carney next year then!

ucantseeme

Juniors
The Swans did seem to get more air time than the Tigers even though the Tigers were on at the start of the show, but still, why have them on in the first place...

The best part of the show is "League of Their Own" when that little girl won $50000 for playing junior footy, she was playing against a team of boys and beat them all. Crikey!!

meltiger

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Can you IMAGINE the Melbourne Footy Show giving the Storm any coverage on theirs? Channel 9 are an absolute disgrace.

They used too (Not much but at least it was something) back in the first two seasons 98-99. Not quite sure why they stopped. Especially after they won the premiership.

In all honesty with the Sydney Footy Show ... Probably just parochialism about taking Melbourne's premiership. It may have bored many Leaguies ... But is it really the end of the world?

I just don't understand the animosity ... No matter how hard the Swans try to be a success and how successful they may or may not become ... The game will never take over from Rugby League. The desire people have on here to see a game which is no legitimate threat to themselves or their game amazes me. It really does.

I can understand people not liking the game, but a desire to see the game totally ridden out of town? That I do not understand.

The one thing I will give Melbourne people over Sydney is even if they don't support the game as much as I think they should, I don't remember huge, huge amounts of people hoping the Storm would lose the 1999 GF.

All this anti swans talk is just boring. They just won a premiership FFS give them 5 mins. Even if you don't like the sport, it is not a threat to our sport so just give them their time in the sun and give credit where it is due. It's not as if AFL is going to take over sydney now.

All this Anti swans talk shows is that you feel threatened by a game that does not threaten our game at all. silly stuff.

eelandia

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
All this anti swans talk is just boring. They just won a premiership FFS give them 5 mins. Even if you don't like the sport, it is not a threat to our sport so just give them their time in the sun and give credit where it is due. It's not as if AFL is going to take over sydney now.

All this Anti swans talk shows is that you feel threatened by a game that does not threaten our game at all. silly stuff.

my office looks down on George St (Circular Quay end) and 4 women went down for a perve, but the rest of us didn't have an interest. There was a fair crowd cheering them on, but certainly nothing to get worried about if your a Leaguie.

Giving them a go puts us a rung above mexicans in my view.

wittyfan

Referee
I popped down from work to see the Parade. Certainly the city got behind them this afternoon.

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelandia said:
my office looks down on George St (Circular Quay end) and 4 women went down for a perve, but the rest of us didn't have an interest. There was a fair crowd cheering them on, but certainly nothing to get worried about if your a Leaguie.

LOL

I watched a bit on TV and Ryan Phelan said there were hundreds and thousands of people there yet online reports say 30,000.

The wanker then went on to say AFL was bigger than League or some sh*t but Sandra Sully didn't agree with his bullsh*t lol

Is he some blow in from Melbourne?

Brutus

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:

Give them 5 mins :lol: They've had the entire last two weeks and if you think the AFL isn't keen on taking some of league's territory then you're on another planet. They haven't invested trillions of dollars in getting the NSW media on side and junior progams around the state for nothing.

Predictable response from the predictable AFL lackey.

wittyfan

Referee
El Diablo said:
LOL

I watched a bit on TV and Ryan Phelan said there were hundreds and thousands of people there yet online reports say 30,000.

The wanker then went on to say AFL was bigger than League or some sh*t but Sandra Sully didn't agree with his bullsh*t lol

Is he some blow in from Melbourne?

Ryan is originally from North Queensland but does seem to prefer AFL. He also hosts Seriously AFL on Saturday afternoons on Ten.

I'd say there were 40,000 there as a guestimate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
sullyfan said:
Ryan is originally from North Queensland but does seem to prefer AFL. He also hosts Seriously AFL on Saturday afternoons on Ten.

I'd say there were 40,000 there as a guestimate.

Why am i not surprised you know his bio :p

shadow grinder

First Grade
eelandia said:

shoulda thrown stuff at them