What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

Macca

Coach
Congratulations to Pogo and the Taren Point Power. Too good today rolling us for 98. :clap:

I am going to go get drunk now.

lolesi

First Grade
We lost also!
All out for 108, lost by 20 runs
Second highest scored with 25, so im not that cut, if we had to lose to any other team im happy it was them, great bunch of blokes to play against.

pogo

Juniors
that was a very, very hard game of cricket indeed.

after being 2/80 odd the tpc boys struggled against accurate bowling by the miranda side to post a moderate 130 on a very large ground with a very slow outfield.

miranda as mcsharkie noted were 1/0 at stumps

on day two miranda lost four quick wickets to be 5/26, but mcsharkie was like a brick wall at one end in a 45 run partnership before being dismissed.
at 6/71 miranda were still well and truly in the game before 2 quick wickets had them 8/88 and it was a matter of wrapping up the tail .

at 10/98 the fledgling taren point club had achieved its goal a premiership in its first season, a great moment for some very special blokes.

congratulations on your season mcsharkie , hopefully those coronas may take some of the disappointment away

Macca

Coach
Actually we had a pretty good night last night. I got home at 7am this morning. Everyone took it pretty well.

In reflection of our season, we are very happy. 10 wins from 12 in the regular season was a good acheivement. Most of our side has won the A2 comp before. We beat every side, including the premiers twice and the team that came 3rd twice.

Our batting will need a total overhaul in the off season if we are to make up for it next year.

The end.

Macca

Coach
Nope.

A1's eh?

Looks like another year of taunting between our two sides Pogo. We have no depth this year though.

pogo

Juniors
here he goes again.....

no depth..
no bowlers..
no batsman...

your kidding , i reckon you blokes are odds on to lead the comp from round one!!

good luck mcsharkie you deserve a crack at A1 cricket , no doubt about that!

however..........

987654321 GO THE POWER!!!

lolesi

First Grade
I think im b'6s?

Played my first game on saturday in some city comp and got 25 n.o!

best start for me in a long time!

pogo

Juniors
good to see magpies increase their depth with the return of their gun junior quickie returning from the bush.

i guess we will need helmets after all!