What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

pogo

Juniors
commiserations mate , but that sounds like you put up a great fight...must have been an exciting game.

looks like an even comp, with no stand out side.

pogo

Juniors
taren point (with ten men only) again batted like girls to be all out for 71 against sus club

sus at stumps 5/60 after being 5/36 and a simple catch grassed which would have had them 6/36!

bazza

Immortal
Miranda Magpies finally out for about 123 after around 52 overs in windy conditions.
St George leagues are 0/15 after aobut 6 overs of the chase

pogo

Juniors
the grossly underperforming taren point a2 lost to sus club

tpc 10/71 and 4/80 odd sus 10/135

a very very very ordinary effort!

bazza

Immortal
pogo said:
the grossly underperforming taren point a2 lost to sus club

tpc 10/71 and 4/80 odd sus 10/135

a very very very ordinary effort!

Speaking of ordinary efforts, St George Leagues failed in their chase of 123 by about 9 runs

Macca

Coach
I was away playing in Queensland along with 3 other members of our side in some rep games but we came away with the bickies. Looking forward to the one dayers.

P.S. Sorry I missed out on meeting you Bazza.

pogo

Juniors
another indicator of the massive depth of talent available to the red hot favourites for the a2 comp...............miranda magpies!!

shades of the roosters........what a roster!

Macca

Coach
Well we went down today in a very close affair. Caringbah Inn were 6 for 76 before a late onslaught saw them set us 203 to win.

Two of our batsmen were injured in the field but both gallantly went out to try to get us home late in the innings, One of them having received six stitches for some split webbing. We made 200 before our last wicket fell and were left a little disapointed. One that got away.

pogo

Juniors
gee that is an upset of gigantic proportions i reckon mcsharkie.

there must be two caringbah inn sides!!

taren point easily accounted for bosco......bosco 130 odd taren point won 3 down.

this is an even comp, no doubt about it.

lolesi

First Grade
I had a horrible day yesterday, we played our first 1dayer and on a Sunday :(, and lost, we had to field in the terrible sun and we dropped a bloke when he was 0, he got 108 !
I got 0/39 of 9 haha. nearly died of sun stroke :lol:

We where chasing 250, we where all out for 84, so fatigued from fielding, was a tough day, mad it worst that when they went into field the clouds came across and the win picked up :roll: i had a fluke catch against me, so that wasnt good, bad day :D

Macca

Coach
Well the 'Pies got back in the winners circle on Sunday with a calculated 14 run victory over Illawong.

On the ridiculously small Heathcote number 2 ground we only managed to set them 199 to win off 45 overs but some nice tight bowling and good captaincy saw us home with them 9 down.

Havn't seen a table in a while Pogo, have you seen it?

pogo

Juniors
gday mate ....go to www.ssca.asn.au its up now i think

only delayed by magpies and illawong not putting in their results...again!!!

interesting to see the official result sheet say the TPCC B5 left behind a lot of rubbish at seymour shaw after they destroyed heathcote....

of course we left behind heaps of rubbish at seymour shaw.....that was obvious!!!!!

pogo

Juniors
yes looks like it but tpc are a day by day proposition, without the depth of miranda and bosco

pogo

Juniors
as i said mcsharkie tpc a2 are a day by day proposition as evidenced by their purile display yesterday losing to illawong

i played b5 but reports say tpc lost by one wicket defending 90 odd!!

they lack the determination of the miranda side , and rely on their natural ability..........that will not see them make the final unless their is a change in attitude.

pogo

Juniors
yeah yeah.....keep trying to keep the lid on that GUN magpies side...yawn
yawn ..yawn

tpc cant bat........except that old bloke who occasionally fills in and is yet to be dismissed!!.........but as i said early in the season the bookies secret service were spot on.

its magpies first and daylight second from what ive seen, and thats without your stars hitting top gear yet.

i have strongly suggested that tpc investigate the possibility of producing a season blueprint ...a sort of road map and motivational tool for the season 2005/6 as they sorely miss the professionalism of the seymour shaw side........i blame management fair and square!!!!